UPDATE: US CONSULATE FINALLY ADMITS "SEVERAL AMERICANS ARE MISSING IN MATA" Info and Pics OF AMERICANS..CONSULATE HEAVILY GUARDED BY MX FEDS

UPDATE: US CONSULATE FINALLY ADMITS "SEVERAL AMERICANS ARE MISSING IN MATA" Info and Pics OF AMERICANS..CONSULATE HEAVILY GUARDED BY MX FEDS

FINALLY AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE MISSING AMERICANS IN TAMPS TOO BAD NOT IN US PRESS..  US CONSULATE SAYS "SEVERAL "AMERICANS "ARE BEING SEARCHED FOR!  CONSULATE SECRETIVE AND HAS FED PROTECTION.

AND AN ARTICLE OF COMPLAINTS FROM CITIZENS IN OCT OF THE MANY BUS-JACKINGS AND KIDNAPPINGS..OFFICE IN MATA WHERE INVESTIGATION FOR MISSING AMERICAN IS HEADQUARTERED

 TRANSPORTING BODIES FROM GRAVESITE  ................................ AND ON RIGHT US CONSULATES OFFICE

US SEEKING AMERICANS AMONG VICTIMS...from el manana online today 4/16/11

The U.S. government seeks-among the victims of the slaughter in San Fernando-bodies of American citizens have been reported missing, and found that officials of that country are in Matamoros, , the Consulate Michael Barkin confirmed yesterday that several are missing.

Interviewed Tuesday morning, the official said "we received complaints from some Americans who have lost people in recent weeks, so we are working with authorities to resolve this problem."

Asked if there are a number of American citizens who have disappeared, and said it would be announced in due course. At the urging said he would not discuss specific cases, but reiterates that claims "we have received some, I can not talk more about that."

EXTREME SURVEILLANCE
In the interview, the U.S. consul general in Matamoros asked why there has been a greater presence of elements and Federal Police patrols and denied that he had asked for more protection.

And is that since Thursday was detected this movement and even the entrance to the Consulate of 2 suburbans who came heavily guarded, but yesterday there was a greater police presence.

He said do not talk about security, but are Mexican law enforcement authorities "which are responsible for our security and they take the decisions

Buela says: why the secrecy? I also found an article about the bus-jacking from Oct 2010 I found very interesting...why was this allowed to go on so long? and why are we talking about a second time finding mass graves. and why since there was the dicovery in August AND Zetas caught in the act of burying some victims...why weren't these graves found? after all some have been dead well before August! cadaver dogs? Or just plain ol fashioned detective work and human search?  & Why all the fed protection for the consulate who seems ultra skiddish?  Has he rec threats?  As for the fact that since Thursday were seen U.S. government officials on the premises of the PGJ in Tamaulipas, including the local Semefo, where he concentrated all the bodies have been found in unmarked graves in the town of San Fernando Michael Barkin only mentioned that it has been working with Mexican authorities to solve this problem. Citizens reportt Aericans with dogs are searching the area.

and this:  an article from Before Tony Tormenta I never heard of these incidents with Americans:

Bus hijackings in Tamaulipas becoming more common
October 08, 2010 5:00 AM

The Brownsville Herald

BROWNSVILLE — The recent death of a Brownsville college student who was shot while traveling by bus in southern Tamaulipas is not an isolated case, say recent travelers to Mexico.

The hijacking of buses has become more common as the violence has increased, they say.

Jonathon William Torres Casares, 18, died last week while returning from Ciudad Mante where he visited relatives, said officials at the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College.

Torres is believed to be one of two people killed when the bus he was riding in was hijacked, according to a U.S. official who declined to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the media

WHY WAS THE WARNING PULLED FOR AMERICANS ON BUS TRAVEL IN TAMPS?  HOW MANY HAVE TO DIE OR BE KIDNAPPED? IS THIS WHY THE SECRECY?  here is full article:

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/articles/common-81802-hijackings-tamaulipas.html

Update:  Five Missing Americans Among the Dead?
Missing in Mata Arturo Aviles Jeremy Rodriguez and mother John Parks Missing

Missing in Mexico (mata)
1. Mysterous Man on bus which is confirmed dead but no name!
2. John Parks  Home town Mc Allen Texas  Nove 2010 (during Tony Tormenta take down)
3.  Arturo Aviles Huston Tx November 2010 (during Tony ormenta)
4.  Fernando Salzar  no other data available

another that I do not have a name  just that he is a male....Missing in Mata since May 2010.  A cousin took her DNA to Mata but was advised they needed DNA from mother (for mitochondrial)-father or sibs in that order of preference.  I was stunned to discover there are what I call many Americans missing in Mexico, 100.  I have access data from relatives posting on blogs there does not seem to be a list which surprised me...if anyone knows of such a list please send to me.  DNA was requested on April 11th from the families.

there is another but I am not thinking his dissapearance is related.  From OC California his mom reports him going to Mexico and vanishing since November 2010  hsi name is Jeremy Rodriguez.

sorry this is so sketchy but there is nothing out there about these missing americans.  that sucks.
the familes report no asisstance from us state department other than asking them from DNA last monday, and that Mexico seems friendly and concerned but does nothing.......................Chivis

I researched Mata and misiing Americans and I was blow away to find there are 4-5 missing americans that may be among the dead in Tamps.  One has been confirmed dead  and reported last night.  I also found other americans missing in Mexico including one from my hometown!  I am in contact with his mother.
 I have the rough data...names-dates etc but have not had too much time today to construct it in a little post. I will though meanwhile wanted to post this update....

 I have photos of the missing.. the only one I canot find any info for is the man taken in The Bus-Jacking...

This is foto of 2nd american suspected to be among the tamps dead.  His Mother was asked for DNA on Monday.  He has been missing since Nov 6 when the Tony Tormenta blow up went down.  He is a father of 3

 link:  http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=554836

iT IS CONFIRMED THAT THE AMERICAN KIDNAPPED IN THE BUS-JACKING IN SAN FERNANDO MAY BE IN GRAVES AND DNA HAS BEEN SENT FOR MATCHING...120 FOUND

jazeera.net/news/americas/2011/04/201141311948623111.html

After not reporting a single incident of mass kidnappings of its passengers, the foreign bus lines are suspending their routes to San Fernando Tamaulipas, indefinately until safety can be assured. (?)
 The suspension will run until the federal and state authorities can ensure a hundred percent safety of travelers... remember the promises after August?  Same bus route.  read the story from La Verdad De Tamaulipas;

Suspended bus runs to the border
La Verdad De Tamaulipas

By: Hugo Reyna
Date: 08/04/2011

The foreign bus lines indefinitely suspended their runs on the roads and Reynosa Matamoros-Victoria-Victoria, as leverage to require federal and state guarantees for its employees and users.
 In the lockers of the bus station in Reynosa, the bus lines announced the suspension of all runs to destinations that have to cross bound for San Fernando, while the runs were normally to Matamoros and the center of the country via Monterrey. It is worth mentioning that the situation affected thousands of passengers in Reynosa, Matamoros, Rio Bravo and Valle Hermoso, who had to travel to destinations such as Tampico, Ciudad Victoria, San Luis Potosi and Veracruz.
 This as the routes to those destinations that must cross the stretch of San Fernando that so far has left a trail of dead and missing from attacks by organized crime.
 The suspension will run indefinitely,  until the federal and state authorities to ensure a hundred percent safety of travelers.

B E L O W....R E P O R T....O F....US CITIZEN FORCIBLY REMOVED BY ARMED MEN AND MISSING

WARDEN MESSAGE FROM STATE DEPARTMENT RELEASED ON FRIDAY INCLUDES:

From late March to early April, the Consulate received three reports from American Citizens or their families regarding inter-city buses being boarded by criminals.  In at least one instance, male bus passengers, including an American citizen, were forcibly removed from those buses and have yet to be located.

READ IN FULL WARNING OF DANGERS OF BUS TRAVEL:

https://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=10803

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

I have searched in vain to find info on the american kidnapped in Tamps off the bus with other men.  It happen last week of March or First week of April.

I was reaaly taken back by how the department of state just threw it in with one MESSAGE released on Friday but not the one Ovemex posted.

Does anyone have the mans name, where from, or any other personal info?

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

AllseeingI
Banned User
This is very bad news. One more documented case to be set as a reason for unilateral action. These guys have no idea how bad things will get if the US military becomes involved. They can not be bought. They can not be out-gunned. They have no fear of these untrained sicarios. They patrol 24 hours a day and engage immediately. This will end up being a bloodbath. I say within the next two years, the US invades and takes down the Mexican government and the cartels. If they begin a series of attacks against US citizens, the only thing the US can do is to come in and protect them themselves. Mexico as a country is about to get another taste of the gringo boot on the neck.

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

The thing is I found the Warden message accidently.  There were two warden messages from the department of state  released on Friday, one Ovemex posted but it referred to  the incidents of the Americans (3 incidents in 2 weeks) but stop short of reporting about the Ameircan actually kidnapped  of the bus and never seen again.

I noticed right now the news is finally breaking on AP about the kidnapped American.  But I found the realease yesterday and posted here on BB.  I wonder why they kept this info confidential?  Notice Ovemex's post then notice mine from the Warden...essentially the same except the part of the kidnapped American...I just don't understand it.  I found it on the OSAC website by punching in Matamoros Bus Warning..and Bam...it popped up.  I could not believe it.  possibly/probably the american is one of the bodies exhumed

There is no personal info as of yet.

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

AMERICAN IS AMONG THE KIDNAPPED OFF BUS
Here is the AP story that just broke a couple hrs ago:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110410/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_drug_war_mexico

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

El Regio
What bus line was this? A Mexican line or American line?

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

Mexican passenger buses

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

MetalGear

Re: BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

But there was no warning from our state department until last Friday!

and I know it is frustrating when one seems to have made a ridiculous decision, but no one deserves
what these people kiddnapped off the bus got.  Most folks take the bus because it is so much cheaper
than other forms of tranportation.  SOme Mexican airlines are developing a low cost flight program into certain high violence, high risk areas, it won't be the end all solution, but will help a bit.

Migrants from CA have always hid in the shadows, but Mx inacted new laws that should help, which essentially allows them to seek help in safety and a temp visa for a short perios of time.  I am working on a report and think it would be good to post here.  perhaps i will.

Re: DNA OF AMERICAN SENT TO MATCH ID ..BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

HERE IS LINK..UDATED INFO HOWEVER TOTAL IS 120 AND EXPECT TO GO HIGHER

jazeera.net/news/americas/2011/04/201141311948623111.html

Re: DNA OF AMERICAN SENT TO MATCH ID ..BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

I found a second american suspected of being in the graves.  His mother was called yesterday and asked for DNA.  I had no clue.  that is two and I found both completely accidently.  The American on the bus still has not been identified...John Parks is the other american, he went missing when the upsurge of violence hit in november.

  here is link:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=554836

Re: DNA OF AMERICAN SENT TO MATCH ID ..BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

Update:  Five Missing Americans Among the Dead?

I researched Mata and misiing Americans and I was blow away to find there are 4-5 missing americans that may be among the dead in Tamps.  One has been confirmed and reported last night.  I also found other americans missing in Mexico including one from my hometown!  I am in contact with his mother.
I have the rough data...names-dates etc but have not had too much time today to construct it in a little post.  I will though and just wanted to post this update

Re: UPDATE: Info and Pics of 5 US Missing in TAMPS.. DNA OF AMERICANS SENT TO MATCH ID ..BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

I have found the very first news article about "several" missing americans who may be among the dead and the US Consulate is heading the investigation.  Very strange article...oh BTW  it was ina MEXICAN PAPER!

The strange thing is the interview Mexican reporters tried to conduct with the consulate.  and the tons of Mexican Federal Police guarding his office.  He did say "several" so there must be much more than the 5 I found.  He gave NO NAMES...I would hate to update in this format but may have to....I will wait a bit

  This is a pic of the consulates office in Mata from today

Re: UPDATE: Info and Pics of 5 US Missing in TAMPS.. DNA OF AMERICANS SENT TO MATCH ID ..BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

 removing bodies from graves US CONSULATE OFFICE IN MATA WHERE INVESTIGATION FOR MISSING AMERICAN IS HEADQUATERED

US SEEKING AMERICANS AMONG VICTIMS
...from el manana online today 4/16/11

The U.S. government seeks-among the victims of the slaughter in San Fernando-bodies of American citizens have been reported missing, and found that officials of that country are in Matamoros, , the Consulate Michael Barkin confirmed yesterday that several are missing.
 Interviewed Tuesday morning, the official said "we received complaints from some Americans who have lost people in recent weeks, so we are working with authorities to resolve this problem."

 Asked if there are a number of American citizens who have disappeared, and said it would be announced in due course.  At the urging said he would not discuss specific cases, but reiterates that claims "we have received some, I can not talk more about that."   (Buela says WTF?)

[...]

ovemex
Administrator
Guanajuato, Queretaro and San Luis Potosi said they have been denouncing "disappearances" along  Tamps highways since 2009 and they were ignored....

Re: UPDATE: Info and Pics of 5 US Missing in TAMPS.. DNA OF AMERICANS SENT TO MATCH ID ..BUS SUSPENSION IN TAMPS-US CITIZEN TAKEN FROM BUS..MISSING

Ove...

I have the other article from before Ton Tormenta saying just that!  So There must be 100s more bodies out there.

BOTh US and Mex are at fault, lots of culpa...including the human rights watch groups, I don't know whose human rights they have been watching in Tamps sinc August when the Tamps-72 were found, but cleary not those of these poor people.  The announced that these are not drug related people.

The things is...the US USUALLY when a disater strikes outside the US, say an earthquake or plane crash, quickly the say how many americans were involved and give the names.  Not here it has taken a week for them to acknowledge there are several...and nothing more.  very hush-hush.  I also think the consulate has bee threatened...directly.  He is skiddish and has fed police protection...see the Mx article

Re: UPDATE: US CONSULATE FINALLY ADMITS "SEVERAL AMERICANS ARE MISSING IN MATA" Info and Pics OF AMERICANS..CONSULATE HEAVILY GUARDED BY MX FEDS

THE LATEST UPDATE IS NOW POSTED AT TOP AS WELL AS THE ARTICLE FROM TX IN OCT WARNING OF AMERICANS BEING KILLED IN MATA AND BUS-JACKINGS

Re: UPDATE: US CONSULATE FINALLY ADMITS "SEVERAL AMERICANS ARE MISSING IN MATA" Info and Pics OF AMERICANS..CONSULATE HEAVILY GUARDED BY MX FEDS

queremos-paz
i remember seeing this article in valley central right before the violence in mier

Re: UPDATE: US CONSULATE FINALLY ADMITS "SEVERAL"AMERICANS MISSING IN MATA..AM CONSULATE HEAVILY GUARDED BY MX FEDS

could be a different one, seems in so tx they pick up stories from across the border news there is news for the US border cities.

does not look like ANY of the US press even Brownsville is running this sotry of several americans assumed to be with the dead.  I cannot believe the hush-hush about this.  In both articles the Tx and Tamps media article one from oct and one current both themes are present:

 "not authorized to give info" says the consulate..so who is?