UPDATE-RECINDS CANCELLATION-Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

UPDATE-RECINDS CANCELLATION-Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

and this update 11/31/11 after floods of twitter support changes/recinds cancellation.....videos follow update, the Milenio interview referred to is the orginal post below this update...Paz, Buela

10/31/2011

Much has been made in recent hours about the so-called # OpCartel, which involves the disclosure of sensitive data about criminal organizations, particularly those engaged in drug trafficking and its relationships with governments, especially the government of Mexico and other countries and anti-drug agencies of the United States.

It is a controversial operation, certainly the highest risk, and in which we prefer not to intervene, and in fact was announced in an interview with the newspaper Milenio. We as managers of Latin America Anonymous said we would not do it thinking, first of all, in the newest members of Anonymous, those who cannot properly protect their identity, or that lack the expertise to carry out operations of the complexity of this one.

However, when the content of the interview was released, we received many expressions of support and solidarity as well as the voices of people crying for help. We must remember that we are on the side of the people, and we cannot let down the people, especially in critical moments like the one they currently live in.

Also, if someone performs an action on behalf of Anonymous, criminals will not have the insight to tell who denied or who refused. All this was seen coming and is inevitable. We’re all on the same ship, and will float or sink together.

However, we recommend to everyone who does not trust enough in their ability, to refrain from participating in this operation. We encourage anyone who is not properly protected, to immediately disassociate from this operation and make it public, since this is an extremely risky operation in which there is an imminent and probable loss of human life in quantity. Nobody will ridicule you as cowards, or accuse you of abandoning anonymous brothers in the bloodiest battle. We know that many are eager to participate, but we ask you to reconsider.

Are we afraid? Sure. Are we afraid for our lives? Obviously. However, we believe it is time to say enough to the terrible situation caused by the falsehood of governments and the ruthlessness of people who don’t mind the well-being of their fellow human beings and has resulted in a deplorable state of ruin and disappointment in places like Mexico, a country that is on the verge of collapse, just steps from total annihilation by the folly of government in attacking the symptoms of the problem and not its causes, in the interests of the oligarchy situation that people annoy.

We will go forward with the operation, as we have been requested. To this end, we will form a special task force dedicated to this issue. However, we require support. How do you support?

• If you are not properly protected, abstain from participating, no matter how exciting you think this is. THIS IS NOT A VIDEOGAME. IT’S A RISKY OPERATION WHERE YOU LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY’S IS IN DANGER.

• Do not identify yourself as Anonymous. You should never do, but at this point less. Do not use side pictures of Guy Fawkes mask, nor use it in a public place where you can be identified.

• Do not buy V masks for the moment, especially in the mail.

• Do not attend public demonstrations with Anonymous mask or talk about Anonymous to anyone.

• Until further notice, all Citystorms Paperstorms are suspended.

• Do not compromise. Send us any information relating to drug trafficking in an anonymous way. To this end, we have enabled a widget for this purpose. Send your complaint and our dedicated team will be in charge to disseminate it. Do not try to make yourself a hero.

• There is no way to apply to the specialized task force, so do not push. This is only by invitation.

Do not forget to follow the safety instructions. We will be on the lookout for this operation and we recommend keeping a low profile. Do not risk it. We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6MbBzhK34&feature=feedu   ENGLISH  (thanks Birria)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=eiFW3see2Ec&vq=medium#t=18  SPANISH

neglected war
twitter

another:

AnonKitsu OYE! pueblo de México! Por favor, tener fe en que OpCartel está aquí para ayudar. A la Anons de México es el momento! #opcartelUPDATE:

  Just tweeted:

anonopshispanoAnonymous Hispano
#OpCartel - The dice are already rolling. It's not possible -even for us- to stop them. The first strike will be made within the few hours.

 before the great risks involved in leaking information and to safeguard the integrity of those hackers group decided to cancel all operation.... Someone did not think there would be danger???  Stupido!  Paz, Buela

Anonymous Hispano #OpCartel Anonymous cancela operación contra cártel mexicano - http://ow.ly/7dFtH No podemos arriesgar a nuestros compañeros. RT plz!  viaHootSite

Mexico City • The Anonymous group canceled announced reprisals against the Zetas cartel for being a very risky operation, and was informed through a press and social networks for different users.

After the alleged disappearance of one of its members in Veracruz, one of the members announced reprisals against the drug cartel "Los Zetas" with "Operation Cartel."

However, because of the great risks involved in leaking information and to safeguard the integrity of persons adhering to the collective group of hackers decided to cancel the whole operation.

"Destroying # OpCartel because the lives of people who are not participating n can be at risk," was published in the first text of the cancellation of the transaction, through Twitter account @ Sm0k34n0n.

Before this action the company and strategic intelligence analysis, Stratfor published an article about the "serious risk" involving actions of leakage of information about members of Los Zetas.

"Last October 6 Anonymous posted that inform on those who are members of Los Zetas ... if Anonymous carries out its threat, it will almost certainly lead to death of the persons named as members of the cartel, whether or not the information published is accurate, "says the article by Stratfor.

In an interview with MILLENNIUM, two members of Anonymous, and Skill3r GlynissParoubek be contacted to explain the circumstances:

Why was decided to cancel the operation?

We can not be a reckless administrators to condemn to death those who participate, we have talked and discussed extensively by all and it was decided to remove it.

So why issue threats?

"It's very easy to make a video on behalf of Anonymous and launch air threats, but to think, plan and evaluate the pros and cons is another story," they said.

What's next?

"They continue other operations, but for now we hope to make clear that the cartel operation is false."

Anonymous released a statement which is bounded on pages published names of officials involved in the cartel Los Zetas.

"Dear followers and supporters of this page (Anonymous). I hereby disclaims Mexico Anonymous entirely the responsibility of the news of hacking a page that is linked to alleged cartel zest ", is detailed in the text circulated.

"Our struggle is not of this type and our ideals do not go with that operation. The article published by various electronic means is completely false. We ask for your support to spread this news "ending means denying others published the page.

Finally hacktivists expressed what their official media to avoid rumors speaking:

"All our operations out through twitter @ IberoAnon AnonymousMexi @ and @ @ anonopshispano mexicanh; on Youtube have no official count this time" detailed.

The mission continues to Anglophone members

One of the representative members of Anonymous on Twitter, @ anonymouSabu, reported that the operation would continue:

"# OpCartel is more alive than ever and as I told others in private, the war against corruption is on both sides of the spectrum. We are going to WAR!" published.

Given this fact and other Twitterers @ Sm0k34n0n erased their tweets about the operation canceled and that the operation would continue to circulate:

"Stop # OpCartel with such enthusiasm is to be in complicity with the Zetas," said @ Sm0k34n0n hours later.

Ricardo Davila / @ Tweetrrorist
Milenio

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

SmootheDaHustler
Ay, estos nerds.

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

jajajajaja! "nerditos"  perhaps they were shown fotos de BDN-BB-Mundo???

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

El Regio
lol that didn't last long....

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Havana
"Ah,  Nevermind, forget we said anything!"

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

I am following this, and they are saying the operation is not completely over just different...????!!??

The thing that pisses me off, now the Zetas look even greater badasses than before, so in effect these nerditos accomplished the opposite than they ventured out to accomplished.

PS...they put up the crashed site of gustavo on twitter...so I wonder what happened from then to now.
all the previous info was on their 4 main twitter feeds....something stinks..

their claim of this not being their thing...wrong, it is eactly what they have done  exposing bad people by hacking.

don't know

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Rocio

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Just posted a updated tweet for OPCARTEL .....so weird...2 groups?  a split?

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

For sure Rosario everyone in Mx knows...that was not the point I think they were making.
If it was them.....

EEE

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

EEE
I'm thinking someone in the zetas I.t. Dept (lol) tracked down some head anonymous members and let them know they aren't so anonymous after all, hence, the change of heart. Too bad, this could've been interesting
"I'm a man who believed that i died 20 years ago and i live like a man who is dead already. I have no fear whatsoever of anybody or anything."
Tex

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Tex

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Birria De Chivo
 Are there any other links to the story, or is it all on Twitter?

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Birria De Chivo
 Message from anonymous ( in English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6MbBzhK34&feature=feedu

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Pinchegringo
So let me get this straight - they'll release tons of documents outting US soliders' identities, protecting the dumbass Assange, expose millions of private information for Sony Playstation users - yet when one of their OWN gets abducted, they cower?

Am I missing something here?  From the look of it, it appears they are cowering, however, I'm sure there is much more to this story than is being told.  Very disappointing nonetheless.  Just think about how many countless lives would be saved if 1. they actually had that info and 2. they got those assholes off the street.

Could it be that they accepted blood money from Los Z's? Afterall, it's a crap economy worldwide and everyone needs to eat.

So much for the Robin Hood theory.

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

There is conflicting information.  But it looks like they do intend to do it.  I will post as over info comes in

Re: Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Thank you!  I now have time for the update....

Re: UPDATE-RECINDS CANCELLATION-Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Just posted an update...

.Anon has recinded cancellation after a deluge of support from Mx
they have posted instructions to send info
and to keep safe

there is a video accompanying the message

Re: UPDATE-RECINDS CANCELLATION-Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: UPDATE-RECINDS CANCELLATION-Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Pinchegringo
No chance the Z's were able to locate them.  Those guys in the underworld of computer hacking take every precaution to protect their identity.  Unless one of them had loose lips, there is no chance those Anonymous guys are "found out" by Los Z's.

Just think of all of the Government resources worldwide who were trying to track them down during the Sony debacle.  Finally one of the British counter terrorism groups was able to track down 1 or 2 - after several months and he was a kid who wasn't protecting his steps.

Although I could be wrong here obviously, I highly doubt they have the capability nor the know-how to do so.

@Buela - so what is the status now? Are they (Anony) going through with their threat of exposing the taxi drivers and politicians who are complicit or not?  It's hard to understand.

Re: UPDATE-RECINDS CANCELLATION-Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel (ZETAS)

Yes they are moving forward in a very organized manner.  I know my posts of 24 hours was a little disorganzied but i thought it more important to get the breaking facts to you rather than making it pretty.  Sometime today, i will reorganize this information.  and I am checking my blackberry for breaking tweets.

This twitter stuff is so valuable for breaking news from all media sources in one place, but it is a lot of work, and frankly viejas should stay away because it makes us dizzy, like a fast merry go round but fearsome of jumping off and missing something  lol... but everything breaks there in real time....

They did give specific dates of attack I believe one is November 5