**UPDATE**;CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery (includes photo of Chivis)

**UPDATE**;CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery (includes photo of Chivis)

One benefit that I got from doing this story is maybe getting the BIGGEST SCOOP ever in BB's history.  A real, true to life photo of our Chivis.  Notice she is wearing her Borderland Beat hat and look at that smile.  She had to hide her face a little for security, but you can still see how beautiful she really is.  Doesn't look much like her old avatar of Buela puffing on a cigarette leaning over her 100th birthday cake to blow out the candles.

See her comment responding to all your responses to this thread.  Her surgery is scheduled for 7:45AM tomorrow, Thursday 10/23/2013.

In April of last year Chivis underwent a major surgery.  Fortunately for all of us and all the others who know and love her she came through it successfully and has been as plucky and dedicated as ever.  After the surgery,  I think she may have become even more dedicated to the mission and the causes to which she has given so much of herself.

Here on Borderland Beat she has spent more time researching, investigating and writing.  She has become the premier writer and reporter  on BB.  Even better than before.

I could write a 10,000 word essay describing our Grand Lady.  Each of you could write your own descriptions of Chivis and all of us together still would not be able to capture how amazing and special this woman is.

She is scheduled to go under the knife for another major surgery on Thursday the 24th of this month.

Abuela Chivis, as some of us who have been around here for a while call her, doesn't complain or feel sorry for herself.   The most she has said to me was when she was explaining why she had missed some trivial thing I had asked her about here on BB;  (I normally would never reveal the contents of a private email from Chivis or any of our readers without their permission, but in this case I am making an exception because it shows how selfless Chivis is)

"in this case I have not had much time, trying to get ahead of myself with everything because it is unclear how badly my recovery will be after the surgery"

That is typical of Chivis, doing everything she can for us before her surgery.  Worrying about us on BB rather than what she was facing in the upoming surgery.

When she had the surgery last year I asked the readers of the Forum to all say a prayer for Chivis while she was having the surgery and for her recovery.  Here is an excerpt from that request;

Would all of you join me in praying for her successful surgery and a speedy recovery.  Many studies have shown that concentrated prayer for a person with medical problems can have a positive effect.  Whatever is your faith, or if you are an atheist or agnostic, lets use prayer, the power of positive thoughts, or whatever you want to call it,  to do all we can for our beloved Chivis.

We have readers from around the world who love and respect Chivis and our combined energies might make a difference.  I don't know what time her surgery is scheduled because I knew if I asked her she would know what I am doing and tell me not to do it.   She wouldn't want to worry everybody.  That is just how Chivis is.  The most unselfish person I know.

All of what I posted last year asking for your prayers still applies today (except for the time and date of her surgery).   The link for that plea is below.  You can read the comments from some of the many many people who care for her, and her response to us after the surgery.  Part of her response to everyone was:

"you can not know how it lifted my spirits and jump started my kick ass courage."

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/HELP-CHIVIS-tp3897064.html

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

Dicklick1

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

jlopez
La Sra Chivis is my hero. I will pray for her.

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

K_Mennem
Good luck with surgery and quick recovery Buela. My thoughts will be with you.
AJ

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

AJ

CHIVIS FOREVER
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

Mexico-Watcher
I pray for God to bring Chivis a very successful outcome and a full and happy recovery.

I will daily continue to pray for her throughout her time of need.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

We're here for her in any way we can, and of course we'll pray for her successful recovery.

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

_Jack

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

Tijuano
Chivis has been on my prayers since I knew of this.

Get well Chivis.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers Buela.

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

Bjeff
I hope she gets out well and sound. I place my faith in the surgeon's hands

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN

Pinchegringo
Fantastic woman I agree.  Thoughts are with you!

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

In both posts, I mentioned the studies showing the power of mass prayer or Mass Consciousness.  A very interesting discussion of this subject can be found at ;
http://www.projectdreampeace.com/Page345.html

Mass Consciousness

Although Science may not yet be able to tell us exactly what mass consciousness is, we see evidence of it everywhere. When a school of fish or a flock of birds suddenly changes direction, and each individual's movements are in perfect synchrony with the others, it is as though they share a group mind. Perhaps they do.

   An interesting study done in the 1950's, later dubbed "The 100th Monkey Experiment", gave us a fascinating glimpse of how an idea, after gradually integrating into the minds of some members of a group, can reach critical mass and make an instantaneous leap into the consciousness of the entire group. On the island of Koshima, colonies of Japanese monkeys were being observed by scientists, who were providing them with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand. The monkeys liked the taste of the sweet potatoes, but disliked the sand. One young monkey discovered that she could wash off the sand in a stream, and she showed the behavior to her mother and playmates. Scientists observed as gradually more and more monkeys taught each other to wash their sweet potatoes. At some point, the theoretical 100th monkey learned the behavior and the amazing critical mass had been reached. Suddenly monkeys everywhere somehow knew to wash their sweet potatoes, including colonies on other islands and the mainland!

   This phenomenon is not limited to animals. In a recent study, people were observed as they solved The Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle. It was noted that early in the day people had much more difficulty solving the puzzle than they did later in the day. As Sunday wore on, the subjects were able to figure out the answers with increasing ease and speed. It was theorized that as more and more people solved the puzzle, the answers poured into the collective consciousness making them easier to retrieve for the later puzzle solvers.

   A vast body of documentation has been collected by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Transcendental Meditation practitioners, and has come to be known as The Maharishi Effect. Maharishi believed that when 1% of a given population is meditating, there is an improvement in the quality of life throughout the entire population. This assertion has been repeatedly validated by documentation of lowered crime rates, accidents and illnesses. Some believe that a group of merely 8,000 meditators (approximately the square root of 1% of the world's population) is enough to make a positive impact on global relations.

   At this point, numerous experiments have been conducted whereby groups of hospital patients have been prayed for, and their recoveries compared to groups of patients who have not been prayed for. The results of these experiments have so consistently demonstrated that prayed-for patients recover better and faster, it's starting to gain mainstream acceptance. To take this research one step further, an experiment was done that has truly mind-boggling implications. As before, a group of people was instructed to pray for some hospital patients chosen at random, the outcomes to be compared with other patients who were not prayed for. What the people who were praying had not been told is that these patients had been admitted to the hospital ten years before...they were not currently hospitalized. As with the other studies, the hospital records showed that the prayed-for patients had better recoveries, even though they would not be prayed for until ten years after their illnesses! This remarkable experiment raises tantalizing questions about the nature of time, and whether prayer can help to heal past events.

   Princeton University's Global Consciousness Project has been doing some very exciting research in the field of consciousness. They have placed computers around the world which do nothing but generate random numbers day and night. They are proving that when events occur which cause high degrees of emotion, such as Princess Diana's funeral, the terror attacks of 9/11, and quite interestingly Global Peace Meditations, the random number generators become much less random. These machines actually respond to our collective state of mind. The degree of randomness is plotted on graphs, and the spikes clearly correlate with times of high emotion in the global consciousness. It is fascinating to explore their website and see this research at http://noosphere.princeton.edu

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

Havana
I've been on it and am on it! I'm so hoping she's getting stronger with all our thinking and praying.  I'm having trouble concentrating on much else. Thanks DD

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

brige
Dear Chivis, thoughts and prayers for successful surgery tomorrow and speedy recovery.

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

nacho

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

Friendlygirl
Chivis, que Dios esté con usted.  Cuídese, aquí la esperamos.

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

and I thought I could go quietly in the night....

Hey Guys…
I have a confession to make, I was surprised to see this post on forum and actually asked DD to please remove it, but then I read it all the way through and was impressed by its thoughtfulness and concern my good friend “D” expressed .  I sent another email and said forget it…leave it up and thank you.  It really has brought comfort.

I sorta wanted to fly under the radar this go around.  The tests from last month were not good.  So I am not of my usual confidant mindset.  But you know that’s life, and I only have to think of my kids in Mexico who suffer and those who have died, to put things in perspective, children should not be discarded or deemed unworthy of available medical treatments because of their financial status, or color of skin, or for any reason for that matter.

I have read your comments twice, and I was very touched, brought to tears actually.  Forum is always like going home for me and all of you are my favorite people.

Thank you for your best wishes, good vibes and prayers
Abrazos,
Chivis

Image is Me in my BB Cap...

AJ

Re: CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery

AJ

GOD SPEED
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: **UPDATE**;CHIVIS NEEDS OUR HELP AGAIN; Pray for her speedy recovery (includes photo of Chivis)

LOOK AT THE UPDATE.  IT HAS A REAL PHOTO OF CHIVIS.