Twisted Betty Crocker... Woman Attempts Smuggling Cocaine in Cake Mix....

Twisted Betty Crocker... Woman Attempts Smuggling Cocaine in Cake Mix....

An 18-year-old woman who was arrested after nearly 30 pounds of cocaine was found hidden in cake mix boxes in her suitcase will be charged as an adult, according to a Florida state attorney's office.

Ayesha Niles, who lives in London, was traveling from Jamaica to London with a stopover at Miami International Airport on Friday when she went through a routine luggage check.

"Twenty-four boxes of cake mix in your luggage," Ed Griffith, spokesperson Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, told CNN. "It just seemed extremely unusual."

It was unusual enough that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agent sent Niles to the inspection area for a second screening.

According to the arrest affidavit the boxes of cake mix contained a total of "+/- 29.30 pounds of powder cocaine." According to the state attorney's office the estimated street value of the cocaine in London is $650,000.00.

The affidavit says Niles told law enforcement that the boxes were placed in her luggage in Jamaica but she was not aware of what the boxes contained.

Niles was arrested on charges of trafficking of cocaine and transporting of a control substance. Niles turned 18-years-old this week and because of her age of majority and the seriousness of the crime the state attorney's office has filed notice that she will be charged as an adult. Niles, who is still in the juvenile system currently, could not be reached for comment.

"This is an extremely serious charge," Griffith said. "She is looking at minimum mandatory prison time upon a conviction."

If convicted Niles could be sentences up to 15 years in prison for each count.

CNN

Tex

Re: Twisted Betty Crocker... Woman Attempts Smuggling Cocaine in Cake Mix....

Tex

Re: Twisted Betty Crocker... Woman Attempts Smuggling Cocaine in Cake Mix....

exactly why she got caught....jajajaja...dumb ass, too greedy