Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

Sua Sponte
This is not to disrespect current honorable members of the Mexican Special Operations Forces.

The Gafes are supposed to be the elite of the Mex Armed Forces. Supposedly some former members have chosen to dishonor the brotherhood of sec-ops worlwide by utilizing their acquired skill set to promote criminality and create chaos against the populace and civilians of the country of Mexico. Many discriptions are used to describe their skill set. I can confirm what they can and cannot do.

1. Reconnaisance
2. Jungle Operations
3.Communications both LOS and BLOS
4.Urban Operations which has morphed into what is called FISH and CHIPS (Fighting In Someones House and Causing Havoc In Peoples Streets)
5.Military Intelligence and Analysis
6. Small unit Operations (Patrolling-Ambush-Counter Ambush Mostly Balanced and Combined)
7. Airborne and Air Assault
8. General Weapons Familiarization

These are the basic skillsets as taught to their officers and senior NCO's. The purpose for this instruction is not only for their own National defense, but also to allow some sort of standard for integration in a major conflict with other NATO forces.

As it stands from investigation and information gleaned from various sources including this website, it apears that very few GAFE trained ZETAS remain. The bulk of the work is being accomplished by untrained or poorly trained individuals who have the basic rudiments of warefare but are very clearly not well rehearsed. It's very easy to overwhelm an enemy with numbers or terrorize an unarmed poulation with a show of force. It is another when met with equal numbers or a smaller highly trained unit as evidenced by the news stories of the DTO's being thrashed rather soundly by Mexico's heroic Marine Infantry and on occasion Mexico's Army Infantry units. These are the "non-elite" units but with sound fundamentals, fire and manuever,good communication and field leadership the good guys typically prevail.

That being said, here in the US many of us in my particular military unit keep our finger on the pulse of whats going on down in Mexico. You have no idea how many of us are just itching at the chance to avenge the deaths of all those innocent people and childeren, to restore peace and hope in the people of Mexico and to end the scourge of the indiscrimate assaults,shakedowns and kidnappings on the population. We consistently and independantly prepare daily sitreps on the happenings and truly pray that we are given the green light soon. Not one more citizen Mexican or American should live in fear of these amateurs. We live and train to fight every day perfecting our craft and I would gladly give my life to ensure true freedom and prosperity to the REAL honest hardworking citizens of Mexico. I took an oath several years ago to defend my country from ALL enemies foreign and domestic and right now every DTO member is a foreign enemy to me and my unit. Godspeed to the people of Mexico and you are not alone.

Anxiously awaiting the greenlight.

Sua Sponte
SSG M. Dietrich
3rd Bn 75th Ranger Regiment

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

El Regio
I agree these guys have to be taken out and soon. Not only Zetas though, please include the others too, such as CDG, CDS, BL, CAF, CDJ, etc. etc.
All of these people are beyond the point of no return, they can never function as ordinary citizens anymore.

ZOG

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

ZOG
as much as i would like to see these bastards terrorizing the good people of Mexico go down hard..unless i see a petition signed by 90 percent of the Mexican people ...and a big fat load of gold to pay for it ....i cannot support American intervention....

Mexico has shit in it's own pants by being so greedy and colusive with the criminal element ..the ricos de Mexico need to finance the diaper change ...not our blood and treasure..the best thing we can do is secure our borders..no contraband in ..no contraband out...

and mucho respeto for the ranger who made the original post...these stupid culeros doing the shit in Mexico better hope the US rangers are never released on them..they might be tough against unarmed people or halfass trained otra sicarios...but in reality when the US army descends on them ..they will all die ..and the ones who don't will be duck walking in some place like gitmo with a boot hanging out of their ass

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

AMEN Sua! ...thank you!

Thanks to Sr. Chivo  for recommending this post to read

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

griefer
What does GAFEs mean? i agree with ZOG, USA should let Mexico fend for itself.

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

kylesam
While I do respect the fact that you want to help out Mexico and my people, the question of US intervention is out of the question. Why? Because to help Mexico's combat drug cartels we need a better local and state law enforcement agencies, build them from the ground up. Reform the entire judicial system and so forth and so forth. The reason the Mexican military is not helping the situation or has it under control is because they are not trained to investigate, arrest these individuals. I would welcome the FBI or DEA help because they have investigative experience where the US army doesn't. All the US army or Marines or whatever would do is create is a bigger mess. The American and Mexican military are trained to kill and kill only. These problems are more complex just a full blown invasion.

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

kylesam
GAFE means Grupo Aeromóvil de Fuerzas Especiales or Special Forces Airmobile Group.

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

While you all were taking a siesta in Mexico, there has been talk among members of the US house to intervene with US arms.  I don't think we should, Mexico is capable just needs the training and equipment etc.  that is what we should do like yesterday....if we did go in I would favor a coalition with other countries and Mex....... paz
 org comment below:

Of course we can not bully-in it must be at the request of Mexico.  as for the petition EVERY mexican I know is in complete favor and thinks only US can win the war for them and have zero faith the Mx Gov can.  There was a rumour about 5 or 6 months ago that the US was sending troops in, then again 3 mos ago, so many of my friends, and staff etc in Mexico called me, texted or emailed all excited and wanted to know when it would happen.  the last time was when I think it was Perry of Tx stating we should go in.

Not all want it of course but I am sure as can be the majority would welcome that action.  I think Mexico is capable of taking care of it, they need training, expert advisors on the ground, and lots, and equipment.  that is happening but to a very samll extent compared to what we gave Columbia.  And it should be other countries in addition to the US>

just my dos centavos

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

Mexico likes to blame The US for the drug consumption. They fail to realize they have created their own demons from POLITICIANS taking bribes to "look the other way". It's wrong for the poor to be innocent victims of Wealthy Drug lords and Greedy Politicians/Police forces...With a larger presence of U.S intelligence and military forces things will get done more efficiently. The Corrupt should be targets as well as Cartels. Mexico can no longer accept U.S money and still come here and "bark" about how bad the U.S is.

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

El Refe Ree
I don't write very much on this forum except for when I see particularly awful things that are happening in Mx. I would like to reply to the soldier who posted.

Sir, first and foremost thank you for your service. As much as I agree with many on this board that a military option is not feasible, I have to agree with your assessment of fight fire with fire. One poster stated that perhaps the FBI or DEA would be more effective. I strongly disagree.

When the last shootout occurred in Veracruz it was known that a high level Commandante was enjoying a few drinks at a certain Bar or restaurant. The reports indicated the establishment was surrounded by as many as 30 vehicles with armed cartel guards. The Marina fought a running gun battle with them but did not
secure the establishment, and kill or capture the Commandante. The FBI or DEA is not capable of engaging a group as large as this. Possibly 120 armed killers, if you estimate 4 gunmen per vehicle armed with AK-47's, grenades and possibly an RPG or 2. This is no longer a law enforcement scenario, but more in line with the type of raids and tactics the US Army Rangers and Marine Recon do. Perhaps utilizing the investigative assets of the OGA's with the muscle coming from the US military. The Mexican military has done an admiral job at times, but the allegations of corruption within those agencies are prolific. An uncorrupted, unbiased, no nonsense "seek and destroy" mentality utilizing the assets and investigative properties of the FBI, DEA and the Intelligence assets of the CID and CIA backed up with the muscle of the US Army Rangers/USMC Recon is a very interesting concept. Of course credit would be given to the Mexican Armed Forces and local police to promote confidence in the public. I'm at a loss and lose it more every time another innocent citizen or child is targeted and killed. I too am praying for you guys to get the veritable "green light".

Thank You for caring about my people.

Lord Hear Our Prayer

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

AllseeingI
Banned User
Recon would not be used on such a high scale assault.

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

EL Gordo
As much as I like to see a US intervention I don't see it. Mexico can handle it on their own, they are just playing it stupid. Once the US gets very serious and gives the light to end this bloodshed, you will see how effective the Mexican government and military can be.

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

So nicely stated, and exactly what I posted that every Mexican I know wants us to go in.

Sir, if I may suggest something to think about?  If you could write an open letter to Americans (US) stating what you just said and post on forum with a good subject hook..so more folks can read what we know.  There is little confidence in Mexico that their government can win the drug war.  I feel confidence is not strengthened by capturing capos and per walks...that has little effect and causes more violence as cartels scramble for territories left vulnerable by the compromised cartel.

The only way confidence can exist is to overhaul the socio-judicial-educational-and prison systems.  A new way=a new day in Mexico

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

curioso
I believe many of you are missing one thing here. It's very possible that the US Government doesn't want this war to ever end.
I think there are too many people making too too much money in all of this, all the way up to the top.

Think about it, why is it that after 40 years of this "war on drugs" has there not been the slightest dent put in it? That's impossible right?

I think most people have way too much blind faith in the government. I don't think their agenda is the same as Joe Public's.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

Fewer Americans Are Using Illegal Drugs

 An estimated 12.8 million Americans,  (5.8 percent) of the household population aged twelve and older, use illegal drugs on a current basis (withint 30 days).  This number of  "past month" drug users has declines almost 50 percent from the 1979 high of twenty-five million - a decrease that represents an extraordinary change in behavior.  Despite the dramactic drop, more than a third of all americans twelve and older have tried an illicit drug, Marijuana, whcih makes up sixty percent of all drug use in the US

ncjrs.gov

world and drug report 2000-2011

PBS

congressional review

etc etc etc

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

curioso
Buelita,

We could go back and forth all day with stats and "facts" from all kinds of sources. I am pretty sure that drugs are just as easy if not easier to obtain today then they were 40 years ago, and that's the bottom line isn't it really...availability? Are we effectively stopping drugs from enering the US and becoming available to our children.............and guys like Swanka?

http://www.drugpolicy.org/library/factsheets/effectivenes/index.cfm

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Truth about ex-GAFES (zetas)

For sure!  You are correct there always is something to back up a claim.  But I use the most acceptable and respectable resources, I wrote a paper last year on the subject and honestly I was very surprised.

I simply put stuff out there if someone wants to use it fine, even debate, fine but nothing more.  Fact is we need to legalize MJ and that will put a big dent in useage...NO source disagrees that MJ is 60% of use.  cocaine is WAAAAY down..all the hard drugs.  but this year a bit higher not a lot but a enough that I look at it and am concerned of a trend.  But we have done well since the 80s..everyone used cocaine at least on weekends and MJ...except Buela..drugs scared the crap out of me, my only brother was an addict and later when clean was murdered, long story, there was a long trial and the bastard got off only to do it again.

but because of my bro...I never tried drugs...just a glass of pinot grigio now and then..

one thing I have learned in my almost 66 years, never shut the door of your mind, always keep it open for no matter how right one thinks they are, someone my prove differently