Trump backtracks on designation of cartels as terrorist groups

Trump backtracks on designation of cartels as terrorist groups

Feynman
Trump has backtracked on his plan to designate Mexican cartels as terrorist groups. I originally assumed he would actually make the designation, wait for 10 million people to call him Jesus (see BB post: http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Thank-you-President-Trump-td4109953.html), then do nothing about the cartels except say he's defeated them. But this is the other approach: say he's going to do something when he knows there will be backlash, brag about how he's personally destroyed the cartels, then back out of the deal when he knows it will fly under the radar. Tweet a fake economic statistic to keep everyone distracted.

Original article: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50697635

Re: Trump backtracks on designation of cartels as terrorist groups

Mica
He wasn’t going to actually go through with it at this point.  Instead he used it as leverage and AMLO gave up something when Pompeo visited on Thursday.  I would imagine that AMLO agreed to provide more bodies on the border so everyone wins.

Re: Trump backtracks on designation of cartels as terrorist groups

IVAN CHESNOKOV
Not very smart to designate your own agent provocateurs  as terrorist... I guess the noble bankers like HSBC and Deutsche Bank told him to stay away from opening that can of worms.

I mean how can you call the cartels terrorist while selling billions worth of weapons to the Wahabbi Saudis (the ones who did 9-11, used ISIs/DAESH as proxy and Alquaeda but for some reason the USA government likes to pretend is the Iranians/Shiia and secular governments as the bad guys who fund terrorists, not their moderate fundamentalist Sunnis who like to blow themselves up) and supporting Osama's cousins (the royal Saudi house) fighting Houthis in Yemen who are defending their lands from the terrorist zionists and Saudis?

I gues you keep America great by contradicting yourself .

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2019/12/intel-state-department-saudi-war-yemen-justification.html

Re: Trump backtracks on designation of cartels as terrorist groups

blanco puro
IVAN - couldn't have said it better myself!

Re: Trump backtracks on designation of cartels as terrorist groups

MaxiMillian2k19

21 text lines of the Truth