Truck with 50 cal. machine gun and arsenal found abandoned in Sonora

Truck with 50 cal. machine gun and arsenal found abandoned in Sonora

stevectpa
This post was updated on .
https://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/abandonan-arsenal-y-camioneta-blindada-con-ametralladora-calibre-50/1277700#imagen-1

Soldiers of the Mexican Army found the armored truck and the arsenal in the desert region of the municipality of Caborca, a few kilometers from the border between Sonora and Arizona

11/11/2018 16:51  DANIEL SÁNCHEZ / CORRESPONDENT

Soldiers of the Mexican Army found an armored truck, that in the high part had mounted an enormous rifle caliber 50 and in its interior an arsenal of assault rifles and useful cartridges.

The finding was in the desert region of the municipality of Caborca , a few kilometers from the border between Sonora and Arizona.

Sources from the Secretariat of National Defense (Sedena) confirmed that the finding was finalized on Saturday by troops from the 45th Military Zone who carried out ground reconnaissance work near the Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez Ejido.

The total of the seizure was a pick-up truck, Chevrolet LUV 2600, without plates of circulation nor report of robbery, that in the high part it had mounted a machine gun machine brand caliber 50; plus four AK-47 rifle-type weapons and a 9mm pistol; as well as 317 cartridges caliber 50 and 419 bullets 7.62x39mm.

The weapons and the vehicle were made available to the Agent of the Federal Public Ministry who will open the investigation folder; there are no suspects related to these facts.

Re: Truck with 50 cal. machine gun and arsenal found abandoned in Sonora

I had heard that Caborca is a real bad ass place (nothing that's good is there) and to avoid it.Didn't I read on here that all the local cops work for organized crime and this is where coyotes gather for the border cross of dozens of people along with full 'backpacks' that aren't clothing?

Re: Truck with 50 cal. machine gun and arsenal found abandoned in Sonora

you are correct canadiana, there and near by Altar and Sahuaro are human trafficking staging areas and where they separate those they want to "keep" for sex trade etc
as for municipal police, 100 percent of all border plazas are in collusion