Today's update On Yesterday's Drug Tunnel W/ Manana's Photos

Today's update On Yesterday's Drug Tunnel W/ Manana's Photos

Havana
This post was updated on .

Photos:John Gibbins
Photos:  Excelsior

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15965437

Tijuana drug tunnel linked Mexico to US

Mexican security forces surrounded the Tijuana entrance of the tunnel
Continue reading the main story
MEXICO'S DRUGS WAR

US police have found one of the most sophisticated drug-smuggling tunnels to date on the border with Mexico.

The tunnel was discovered on Tuesday and links warehouses in Tijuana, Mexico, with San Diego.

"It is clearly the most sophisticated tunnel that we have found in the last five years, perhaps ever," a US police spokeswoman in San Diego said.

A similar tunnel was discovered in the area two weeks ago, adding to dozens that have been found in recent years.

Local media describe Otay Mesa as a busy area containing many warehouses, making it easier for smugglers.

The tunnel is 15ft (4.5m) deep and contains both lighting and transport carts, AFP news agency reports.

The tunnel extends twice as far into the US as it does into Mexico
Mexican security forces found the entrance in a Tijuana warehouse after being alerted to the discovery by the US authorities.

The warehouse is near Tijuana airport, and also stands close to the local headquarters of the federal police.

Mexican security forces seized three tonnes of marijuana at the tunnel's entrance, which they suspect had only recently been put into use.

The use of underground tunnels for smuggling has increased in recent years as the US authorities have clamped down on overland smuggling activity.

http://www.animalpolitico.com/2011/11/descubren-nuevo-tunel-del-narco-entre-mexico-y-eu/

U.S. officials on Tuesday discovered another tunnel presumably used to transport suspected drugs between Mexico and San Diego.

The tunnel was found was found in a warehouse in Otay Mesa City said  ICE information spokesman, Lauren Mack, who did not yet provide details.

The discovery of these structures is not the first in the region.  Another tunnel was discovered last week in the same area and authorities seized 17 tons of Marijuana.

On Monday, A Mexican truck driver was sentenced to nearly 16 years in prison for his role in an organization that transported more than 50 tons of marijuana by two tunnels that connected stores in San Diego and Tijuana.

Both tunnels were discovered last year, had lights, ventilation and even carts that moved on tracks

record seizure of drugs from tunnel-36 tons

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/30/drug-tunnel-yields-record-seizure-of-36-tons-or-ma/

Re: Today's New Tunnel Between Mexico and San Diego

I thought that sentence for the driver was much too harsh, 15 years?  And I saw this story today, those guys in tj have to be losing it, so many lines and product lost in the last month.

Re: Today's New Tunnel Between Mexico and San Diego

Havana
I'm sure the driver thinks the same but can see light at the end of the tunnel.  That being, if he's lucky, he'll go to the right prison, where he may be able to walk out through a hole in the wall, escape in a laundry basket, or at least be let out at night to do executions.

It's been a good month for those in the white hats. And those in black are losing loads and their tempers to boot.

Re: Today's New Tunnel Between Mexico and San Diego

Guerro
Chapo is taking some big hits jaja. Ive lost count to how many tunnels he lost this year alone jaja.

This whole year, Chapo's been taking huge losses all over. Does seem especially bad this last month.  Not shedding too many tears about it though.
Tex

Re: Today's New Tunnel Between Mexico and San Diego

Tex

Re: Today's New Tunnel Between Mexico and San Diego

They pulled 36 tons out of there, not a great month for anyone in tj.

Re: Today's update On Yesterday's Drug Tunnel

Great stuff Wen!  Thanks...lots of great posts from you but slow down I am getting dizzy!  Jk

Re: Today's update On Yesterday's Drug Tunnel

Havana
I know Chivis- es ridiculo!

I'm a posting maniac today-My head is spinning. I'm about to head back to EDOMEX to see what is up with those Kidnapping Dannys.  Sounds like a band. I might need to be slapped?

Re: Today's update On Yesterday's Drug Tunnel

jajajajaja....well i just posted the latest on the Spillunder you are prob passed out with exhaustion and i am up ordering 1000 santa hats and jingle bell necklaces  Buenos Noches - Sweet Suenos