Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Char
#DuctoPemex
🚨🚨 The attempt to steal fuel from a #Pemex pipeline caused a severe fire in #Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, #Jalisco. @PCJalisco reported a fully burned out truck. So far there is no report of victims. After midnight the fire was put down.

Something that I have noticed about all the cartels now is they are starting to focus more on stealing fuel whether it’s the gulf cartel, Sinaloas, Cjng. I was once told fuel is a quicker way to make money 💰 because you can sell the fuel way faster than shipping drugs to another country.
Pictures José Luis Escamilla

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Chava
I believe that I read somewhere a few days ago, where it was ruled that Pemex isn't responsible for the damages/injuries caused by illegal pipe taps......there are many bad incidents that happen which aren't reported, especially in small communities where the people line up to buy the stolen fuel.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Plus you don't have to pay for product and DEA on your tail smuggling so it's pure profit except for the bribes but you have that anyway with drug smuggling.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Chava
http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2018/02/09/1219196

Huachicoleros "cheapen" gasoline; the liter at $ 12.50
The route and offer of the milkers crosses the highways of Puebla, Edomex and Guanajuato

The fuel stolen from Pemex is sold in Hidalgo, Puebla, Guanajuato and the State of Mexico at five pesos below the average price of a liter of gasoline.

Pemex sells, on average, the Magna at 16.30 pesos, and the Premium at 18.24, but the huachicoleros offer it at 12.50 pesos.

In Hidalgo, the huachicol can be accessed through WhatsApp instant messaging, confirmed federal public security sources.

"They take the stolen fuel to your home, they agree with the buyer and the trafficker for the place where it will be collected," they say.

The Hidalgo entity is one of the most affected; during 2017 it ranked fourth in the detection of perforations and at least 27 confrontations with huachicoleros originated.

The State of Mexico is not exempt from this problem either; At night, small bonfires along the Texcoco-Lechería highway warn drivers about the sale of huachicol.

In Texcoco- Calpulalpan, buckets or people with rags are observed signaling cargo trucks that circulate in the area despite the fact that the authorities have already carried out operations.

In Tepetlaoxtoc, also in the State of Mexico, the inhabitants are afraid to speak, since it is estimated that 25% of its population are huachicoleros and murders have been registered for the control of the sale of fuel, which is sold five pesos below its normal price.

They dress up as little stores

"Gasoline is sold," says the sign of a wooden store on the highway to Huehuetlán El Grande. Thus, between soft drinks and sweets, gasoline sells for around 12 pesos per liter. A plastic hose and a funnel help dispatch the few customers in the area, where there is no nearby service station.

At kilometer 223 of the Puebla-Córdoba highway, the Federal Police found buried drums full of diesel. This point was already a reference for carriers. Stopping the unit allowed filling the tank at 10 pesos per liter.

50 kilometers away, in the municipality of Los Reyes, the huachicoleros stand out for the red flannels in their hands, which waved to offer their service. The fuel was stored nearby.

The problem in Salamanca, Guanajuato, was controlled due to the arrival of more than three thousand elements of the Mexican Army to the streets.

The stalls that sold "cheap" gasoline on local roads during the day and some federal roads that cross the state have either changed their headquarters or disappeared.

It was common to see stalls in Salamanca, especially on the road that leads to Juventino Rosas, between the rural communities of Cerro Gordo and Santa Rita, San Rafael de Cerro Gordo, El Divisador and Zapote de Palomas.

In addition to illegal gasoline shops disguised as vulcanizadoras or inns, on the state highway between Irapuato and Romita.

With information from Emmanuel Rincón, Ángeles Velasco, Andrés Guardiola, Fernando Pérez, Jesús Bustamante and Marcos Muedano

google translate, not cleaned up

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

mmd604
Global oil business makes drug trafficking profits look like peanuts

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Siskiyou_Kid
That is definitely not true.

While it is difficult to measure the annual revenue and profits from illegal narcotics accurately, the market is routinely ranked alongside the the oil industry and small arms sales. One estimate put global narcotics market at $4 trillion and that was in 1997. In 2014 the global petroleum market was put at around $1.5 trillion, although this doesn't account for another $3 trillion or more in exploration, transportation, and marketing revenues.

4 trillion thats hilarous!! hahaha no way.
Ray

The oil sector is one of the largest sector in the world.The Saudis maintain that the state-owned company is worth at least US$2 trillion.(Saudi Aramco)
Ray

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Ray
@canadiana $1bn of oil is stolen in Mexico each year, while EU loses massive revenues,
Mexican cartels can earn $90,000 (£72,000) in seven minutes from tapping a pipeline of refined oil.

says the Atlantic Council thinktank

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Obviously, estimates of receipts by producers are much lower, with cannabis, cocaine, heroin, and meth thought to bring in $400-$800 billion. However, even these high numbers are known to be based an assumption that more loads are stopped by interdiction than those that slip through. Many people know this is way off the mark, with most loads getting to their final destination.

The real story is that retail sales produce the bulk of profits and when wholesale prices fall users are the last ones to see any relief. For years US marijuana sales were grossly underestimated and this has come to light with the huge increase in legal sales in only a few years.

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/drug-addiction/drug-trafficking-by-the-numbers/#gref
https://www.rt.com/business/252057-global-drug-market-size/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/01/03/the-grass-is-only-going-to-get-greener-for-the-u-s-marijuana-market-infographic/#497aaa77265f

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

mmd604
As someone who has cultivated marijuana legally for 5 years.  I always found it funny when police busted a illegal op and the numbers where way off.  I know theres alot of money in drug trafficking but I dont think anything will come close to oil its been a 100 year scam.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Those are interesting stats Kid.Shows the busts by drugs but it's easy to confuse that it's percentages of market use like MJ being 50% of market use or something like that.Its what the police go after and MJ is probably not their priority.Whats interesting to me as Is they use anhydrous ammonia as a substitute chemical to make meth.I live near a Plant that makes anhydrous ammonia for fertilizers meant for the farmers fields and is also used to make dynamite which the Plant next door makes.Farmers are taught they have to dilute that chemical in a safe way or risk freezing your lungs and keeling over dead.Also that chemical is extremely corrosive and explosive.The pipes in the whole plant have to be replaced every few years and have exrays.They have their own fire department and if ever there is a leak all the nearby towns would be evacuated.Now you know what the chemical fertilizers they put on the crops to grow you are indirectly eating and that's why I prefer Mexican produce over north of the border products not only because the chemical fertilizers but it affects the flavour as well as in lacking in flavour.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Legal weed alone is expected to bring in $25 billion annually within five years, and the US narcotics market on the street is estimated to be anywhere from $80 billion to $800 billion a year, but $500 billion is very reasonable. The Rand Corp. and the Office of National Drug Control Policy state the number as $34 billion and $100 billion, respectively, but there is ample evidence to completely refute the the Rand Corporation's study and to doubt the estimate from the ONDCP.

That would leave anywhere from $1 trillion to $3.5 trillion spent on illicit mind altering substances for the other 95% of the global population, which is also a reasonable estimate.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

leChef
Market value is one thing, but the real question is profit. Not that I know for certain, but it seems to me there is a lot more profit in illegal drugs.

Now, oil is very profitable, but due to it's lucrative market, there are heavy duties to be paid to governments in taxes and additional fees. I guess that is what would happen if drugs became legal too. Governments can't keep their hands off possible income, and like with the illegal taps in Mexico, a black market would occur if a trade is taxed too intense.

There are black markets on all kinds of commodities and services around the world, but I don't think anything come near the drug trade. Perhaps rare earth metals...

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

I don't know about the US or Mexico anybody if someone wants to weigh in but black market cigarettes are big business.Tobacco is smuggled here from US,China,Pakistan and Mafia involved and some Native Reserves sell as they are exempt from tax and taxes are big.It costs $15 a pack so sometimes packs are smuggled across the Great Lakes by boat as they are cheaper in the US.The Gov would like to tax smokes at $20 a pack but they know how lucrative it would then be in the Black market.Already 40 % of all cigs in Ontario people buy on the black market so the Gov loses billions in revenue but because of the cost the smoking rate is down to around 15 %.i know I had to quit as it was costing me $500 a month.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

elranarene
It seems that huachicoleros attacking pipelines arent enought, they are attacking even the oil rigs and ships itself.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gulf-of-mexico-pirates-new-pemex-challenge/

Men posing as Fishermen tried to board oil platforms and ships in the Bay of Campeche area. They not only steal the oil, they also took pipeworks, motors, metal and electric wiring, computer and communication equipment and o course money.

Fuel theft is causing US$ 1 billion per year in lost revenue.

I hope the next president is willing and able to help the mexican people and we see a significant decrease in all these daily atrocities.

elranarene

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Kye0001
This used to happen in Azerbaijan when my dad was working there, another friend was in nigeria and that was regulary attacked.  The nigeria one had people killed in gunfight too but it was often covered over.

Candida tobacco and cigarettes that are fake or tax free are on sale here too, its really easy to get as well and tobacco is only £9 a pouch.  We can buy fake designer brands here really easily too for quite cheap, thats a pretty big market over here also.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

It's sure getting to be everything and anything regardless if it's tied down or not.Whats next on the agenda?Quickly sinking to the level of Somalia the criminales.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Kye0001
I dont kno Canadiana, we go to manchester sometimes and you can buy anything and everything all in one area.  Drugs, drones, knives, clothes, cbd (fake 😬) oil, bongs, fake iphones, tools, bb guns (probably real guns if you ask)...its funny as all the shops have secret rooms where they sell their stuff.  If you type in bury road, manchester on youtube you can see it all.

They fight between themselves as well....we met a lovely guy who sold the clothes, we talked to him for ages and he was telling my kids about the reality of living under isis (his parents were murdered and aunts, uncles).  He even invited us all in for a curry, he was really nice.  Next time we went there his shop had been firebombed and he'd vanished, he was undercutting the rest of the shopowners 😱 The only thing that was reported in the local press was an arson attack.  What im trying to say is i think its everywhere, its just not widely reported.

The Azerbaijan/nigeria attacks were about 13/14 years ago as my kids were only little, armed security would just disappear anyone they caught...its never been reported yet and yet ive seen official letters confirming it.

Re: Tlajomulco, Jalisco, PEMEX pipeline severe fire

Char
Wave of murders in Jalisco once again things probably will get heated. A body was found wrapped in plastic along with a message to those who STEAL picture via GDL informa
12