Tijuana: What's the current situation?

elSarapero
Hi all,

Going to Tijuana in a few weeks. Not worried about my own safety or anything like that, been dozens of times, but I'm pretty curious what the situation is now vis-a-vis the cartels that operate in the area.

For one, is it still pretty much locked down by El Mayo? Will Chapo's capture mean anything?

I ask, specifically, because of the comments on the recent story about those 5-6 people that were dropped in Rosarito....many of the comments were along the lines of "shit's about to be on in TJ" etc etc.

So amigos, que onda?

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

deelucky1
Its never been locked down by el mayo  the cells that join CDS have splinterd out of AFO

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

deelucky1
113 homicides from Jan 1 and counting 47 in month of march

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

elSarapero
Thanks for the replies guys.

If that's the case, do you think that the AFO will try re-assert itself from CDS to try become the dominant force in the city again?

Did Chapo's capture interrupt the flow of drugs through San Ysidro? Or is it business as usual?

Do those murders represent an uptick?

Sorry, so many questions.

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

Hola!  good to "see you"

there has been a great increase in kidnappings in TJ....paz

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

nacho

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

ToPHeR
Supposedly CDG lost control of Cancun to a local group called Los Pelones

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

it is still safe....as of today :)

Re: Tijuana: What's the current situation?

Only way AFO can take over tj again  calling a truce and making friends with people that split dont see it happening