Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Anasazi
https://www.univision.com/noticias/desapariciones/investigan-la-desaparicion-de-tres-italianos-en-el-occidente-de-mexico-tras-ser-arrestados-por-policias

Disappearances
Investigation into the disappearance of three Italians in western Mexico after being arrested by police

The disappearance occurred in an area of ​​southern Jalisco that has the presence of organized crime, so an investigation was initiated to find their whereabouts, the Prosecutor General's Office said in a statement.

By: Univision

CITY OF MEXICO.- Three Italians from Naples have been missing since January 31 in the municipality of Tecalitlán, in the western Mexican state of Jalisco, according to the Attorney General of that entity.

The disappearance occurred in an area of ​​southern Jalisco that has the presence of organized crime, so an investigation was initiated to find their whereabouts, the Prosecutor General's Office said in a statement.

Raffaele Russo, 60 years old; his son Antonio Russo, 25; and his nephew Vincenzo Cimmino, 29, were last seen on January 31 in Tecalitlán and their relatives filed a complaint on February 1 in with the missing persons division of the Jalisco attorney general's office .

The agency refused to give more details due to the secrecy of the investigation, although the relatives believe in the possibility that some police officers in the area may be involved.

The Italians, identified by  their country as street vendors, had spent a few months in Mexico working and a been in Ciudad Guzmán, one of the main cities in southern Jalisco, a few cities.

The newspaper 'El Occidental' in Guadalajara quoted Mario De Vita, nephew and cousin of the Italians, who said that the first to disappear was Raffaele, who had traveled from Ciudad Guzmán to Tecalitlán and with whom his son stopped last had communication in the afternoon from January 31.

Relatives consulted the company from which Raffaele had rented a car and told them that according to the satellite locator, the vehicle was on the road from Tecalitlán to Jilotlán de los Dolores, a nearby municipality.

De Vita narrated that Antonio and Vincenzo went to look for Russo without success and when they stopped at a gas station in the town to refuel they were intercepted by municipal police.

When the uniformed officers approached, they sent a voice message to another of Russo's children who were waiting in a hotel to let him know that the policemen were holding them with "a motorcycle ahead and with a car behind them", according to De Vita to El Occidental.

The Italian said that at that time he called Vincenzo again and he answered but could not speak. After that last contact the cell phones of both young people were turned off and they stopped receiving calls.

De Vita said that at first, agents of the municipal presidency of Tecalitlán assured him by telephone that the police officers had arrested the two young people, although they later denied that assertion.

According to local and Italian media, the family has not received any calls to request a ransom, so they have ruled out the possibility of a kidnapping.

The Rome Prosecutor's Office has already contacted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Italy and the Embassy of that country in Mexico, to follow up on the case.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
Copy and paste from a message on a news blog:

The Russo family belongs to an italian mafia gang called Los Magliari, (the merchants)- Rafaelle spent three years in jail for fraud and at the time of his disappearance was selling fake Bosch machinery in Guadalajara. They suspect he sold fake machinery to the Cártel Jalisco Nueva Generación.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

I read this today and thought it was so bizarre

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
Italians missing in Jalisco sold 'pirate' machinery

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2018/02/21/1221768

The disappearance of the three Italian citizens in the municipality of Tecalitlán, Jalisco, could have been due to the commercialization of apocryphal machinery, activity to which they were dedicated. They sold pirate light plants, supposedly of the Bosch brand, making them pass for originals, said Attorney General Raúl Sánchez.

The search protocols were extended to Michoacán and Colima and according to the first investigations, as reported by Imagen Noticias with Ciro Gómez Leyva, in the disappearance the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) would have participated.

However, the suspicion that there are municipal police involved in the case caused the whole police force to be intervened and the Fuerza Única took command of the public security in the region.

In this regard, interviewed by Pascal Beltrán del Río for Imagen Radio , Fausto Mancilla Martínez, regional prosecutor of southern Jalisco, said that some elements of the Tecalitlán municipal police have already been questioned.

Mancilla assured that they already have a second version of the facts, and that is that Italian citizens "were in Ciudad Guzmán staying in a hotel, which we did not know until the investigations were made".

Attorney General Raúl Sánchez Jiménez said that "as a result of the investigations, we realized that they were selling light, welding and different tools apparently altered, they sold them as originals," he said.

The arrest of another Italian in the state of Guanajuato and his possible relationship with the disappeared are also being investigated.

"It is being investigated, today (Tuesday) in Guanajuato another Italian was arrested with welding or light machines, objects and false invoices, so we can not rule out their activity."

It was reported that Interpol Roma issued a yellow card for the disappearance of its nationals.

The flow of information allowed to know that one of the victims had a history in Mexico.

"Crossing the information about the Italians, to their activity they had, where they state that they have knowledge that one of them (Raffaele Russo), the adult, of 60 years, had been arrested in 2014 in Campeche" for bribery.

The Jalisco authorities asked the Italian government not the background of the three of its citizens but of six people traveling together in the south of Jalisco aboard two white vans with license plates from the State of Mexico. They were lost by a locality called El Refugio in the municipality of Tecalitlán, since January 31, there is no knowledge of their whereabouts, nor have the vehicles been located. The complaint for the disappearance was presented on February 1 last.

After the police force of Tecalitlán, Jalisco, was intervened by the Attorney General's Office, and the Sole Force was in charge of the surveillance in the region, the investigation was attracted by the Criminal Investigation Agency of the PGR and by the anti-kidnapping area of the SEIDO.

They are honest, says family

The brother of one of the disappeared states that they are not smugglers and do not do work like drug traffickers.

"They do not do a job like drug trafficking, they are not smugglers, they are honest, good people," assured Gaetano Cimmino from Naples, Italy.

In an interview with Pascal Beltrán del Río for Imagen Radio , Vincenzo's brother, who would have disappeared along with his cousin Antonio Russo, during the search for Raffaelle Russo, Antonio's father, said that the last point that marked the GPS of the car of his family would be located in a gas station in Tecalitlán, Jalisco.

Gaetano explained that the first to disappear was his uncle Rafaelle Russo, with at least four months of residence in Mexico, where he traded electric generators. Antonio and Vincenzo went to the last point that marked the GPS of the car. There, supposedly the two young people "were intercepted by police officers."

Salvatore Cimmino, another brother of Vincenzo, told Imagen Noticias of Ciro Gómez Leyva: "I am sure that the three will return and we will have a great party".

Google translate.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
A thousand pesos. That's what the cops sold the 3 Italians for. "It's a global shame," says family

http://www.sinembargo.mx/25-02-2018/3390173

Emilio "N", Salomón "N", Fernando "N" and Lidia Guadalupe "N" - police from Tecatitlán- would have received a thousand pesos to deliver Vicente Cimmino, Raffaele Russo and Antonio Russo to organized crime. "That is a global shame," lamented the relatives of the missing Italians.

Mexico City, February 25 (However) .- The police officers who arrested the three Italians in Tecatitlán, Jalisco, allegedly received one thousand pesos as payment for handing them over to organized crime, said Danielle Russo, a direct relative of the foreigners who disappeared: " They sold my family for a few pesos. It is a global shame, "he said.

Yesterday, the State Attorney General's Office (FGE) reported on the capture of four municipal police officers related to the disappearance of Vicenzo Cimmino, Raffaele Russo and Antonio Russo, which took place on January 31.

Prosecutor Raúl Sánchez Jiménez told a press conference that the agents had handed over the three Italian citizens to criminal groups.

Daniel Russo, son of Raffaele, brother of Antonio and Vincenzo's cousin, confirmed today however that the Jalisco Prosecutor's Office, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Farnesina) and other Italian authorities have already notified them about some statements offered by the arrested municipal .

"What they told us was that: the four policemen sold for a few pesos  my relatives, that was the declaration of the four policemen," said the young man.

The amount they would have received was one thousand pesos, the family member responded to an express question. "That is a global shame," he insisted.

He added that they have not yet told what criminal group they offered to foreigners, "but for us that is not important to know, the only thing we want to know is that we want them alive, in our country of return because our entire family is waiting for them . We want truth, we want justice, we want to know where our family is, please. "

In a message sent to various media, the family of the disappeared highlighted: "I would like to let you know that I do not bear a grudge against Mexicans because most of them are very good people, my only request is that, now that we know they sold to our relatives for a few pesos, we request that the authorities continue with the investigations to locate this mafioso quickly in order to reach the location of Raffaele, Antonio and Vincenzo. "

The policemen arrested are Emilio "N", Salomón "N", Fernando "N" and Lidia Guadalupe "N", who could reach a penalty of between 40 and 60 years in prison for the crime of forced disappearance, according to Sánchez Jiménez. So far the group is unknown delicito to which foreigners were delivered and if they are still alive.

The Prosecutor's Office informed yesterday that four arrest warrants were completed by the sixth District Judge based in Ciudad Guzmán for the crime of forced disappearance of persons.

Vicenzo Cimmino, Raffaele Russo and Antonio Russo disappeared on January 31 after being detained by police from Tecatitilán, Jalisco.

Raffaele was passing through the municipality of Jalisco when he stopped answering his cell phone. Concerned, his son Antonio and his nephew Vincenzo left in search of the also seller of electric generators

The last thing that was learned about them, is that municipal police allegedly detained Antonio and Vincenzo when both were looking for Raffaele. Antonio sent three audios to his brother in which he reported the arrest.

"Daniele, we were putting gasoline and stopped the police, two police motorcycles and a car told us 'follow us' [...] now we are behind the motorcycles that said 'follow us' [...] and a car goes behind," Antonio said in three audios of whatssapp that he sent to his two brothers, Daniele and Francesco, with whom he maintained communication during the research. These voice notes are the last contact that the family had with them.

The authorities of Jalisco confirmed that the Italians arrived at the municipality of Ciudad Guzmán, near Tecalitlán, days before their disappearance in two white vans that have not been located either.

On February 20, the District Attorney of Jalisco commented that the three men entered the country to carry out commercial and non-tourist activities. In addition, he assured that one of them had been previously arrested in the state of Campeche for the crime of fraud and bribery

The case was announced after family members of the three Italians held a protest in the City of Naples, where they originated, and demanded the appearance of the three men. At the San Paolo stadium, they spread a blanket with the caption: "Free the Neapolitans in Mexico."

Google translate.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
The police chief of Tecalitlan has left town, his destination unknown, and about 30 members of the police force have been reassigned for "training," officials have said.

Another Italian man linked to the three was recently arrested in Guanajuato in central Mexico with "welding machinery ... and false invoices," the attorney general said.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-mexico-missing-italians-20180224-story.html

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

did officials actually confirmed this?  I asked because the family has put out BS as well.

do you know much about the fourth family member who arrived in mexico the day after the last whatsapp?

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

the products change with every article of the first three.  notice that?

i am not sure what exactly is truly transpiring. i don't think they will ever locate the bodies after this length of time.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
I am not sure Chivis, that story was a few days old, so probably more B.S. in that one than the last info that has come out. I do not know anything more than I've read regarding the 4th person.

It sounds like the family is definitely hiding information purposely.

I agree, they will never be found, or will be found piece by piece.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
As of yesterday, I think:

The Secretary of State Government reported that there are still three pending detentions and that they are still looking for foreigners, as there is no indication that they are dead.

In addition to the four police officers detained, the Jalisco Prosecutor's Office is seeking two more elements and the director of the Tecalitlán Police, Hugo Martínez Muñiz, for his alleged participation in the disappearance of three Italian citizens on January 31.

The Secretary General of the State Government, Roberto López Lara, informed on Monday that the leader of the Jalisco Cartel Nueva Generación, a criminal organization that operates in the state, is also being sought.

"We need to make three more arrests on this issue, we will not stop the search for these Italian citizens, there are more police involved," said the official in a conference, according to Milenio.

López Lara pointed out that there are no indications to believe that the three disappeared are dead, so he continues his search.

Raffaele Russo, 60 years old; his son Antonio Russo, 25; and his nephew Vincenzo Cimmino, 29, all from Naples, Italy, disappeared since January 31 in the municipality of Tecalitlán.

On February 25, the Attorney General of Jalisco reported that four elements of the Tecalitlán Municipal Police were detained.

The elements identified as: Emilio 'N', Salomón 'N', Fernando 'N' and Lidia 'N' confessed that they had handed over the three Italians to organized crime, for which arrest warrants were issued and they are accused of enforced disappearance. . If they are guilty, they could reach a penalty of up to 60 years.

In as much, a judge of control dictated to them a year of preventive prison.

Google translate.

https://www.animalpolitico.com/2018/02/director-policia-tecalitlan-desaparicion-italianos/

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
Raffaele Russo swindles the elderly, confirms Italian police
Angelo Pizzotti, research coordinator in the Carabinieri Command of Frosinone, points him out as the alleged mastermind of a criminal network that defrauded 66 seniors

Raffaele Russo , one of the three Italians who disappeared in Jalisco, is a fugitive from the Italian justice system for fraud against elderly people.

From 2015 until 2017 he would have been the mastermind of at least 66 scams, carried out throughout Italy.

And in October last year the Carabinieri command of Frosinone, Italy, would have dismantled the band, arresting 11 people, except for Raffaele Russo who was missing.

Russo Raffaele belonged to a criminal organization that cheated elders that operated throughout Italy, between 2015 and 2017 he was responsible along with his accomplice of 66 scams to the elderly. After our investigations, a precautionary custody order was issued, initially by the judicial authority of Frosinone and then Naples. We had followed the custody order in the prison and Russo Raffaele disappeared. We were looking for him and then we saw that he had taken refuge in Mexico, "said Lieutenant Angelo Pizzotti, coordinator of the investigation in the Carabinieri Command of the city of Frosinone.

Google translate.

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2018/02/26/1222899

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Chava
Italian falls in Guanajuato with 'pirate' tools loaded
It is investigated if this person is related to the three Italians sought in Jalisco since his disappearance on January 31

Guanajuato.- Today, it transpired the arrest of a man of Italian origin who was intercepted by the Federal Police on the Iraputao-Pénjamo highway.

The young man of 24 years who did not give his name was traveling on a Mercedes Benz car model 1017, with Morelos plates, moving, according to what was indicated by the portal NNC inside carrying a load of tools, 3 generating sets of light and 2 of pumping water, of the brand Lincoln Electric apocryphal.

According to the detainee, this matter is sold in ranches, covered with false invoices, the Italian handles a valid tourist permit and, as detailed, Interpol was consulted who determined that this person was arrested in 2011 for the crimes of robbery with violence, carrying illegal weapon and handling of explosive material, crimes that were completed at the time.

The Public Prosecutor's Office of the common jurisdiction in Irapuato took the case and began with the in-depth investigation.

It should be noted that this fact evokes whether this person will have a relationship with the search for three people of Italian origin who disappeared from the January 31st step in the municipality of Tecalitlán in Jalisco, a signal that the authorities have not made official.

It is known that these three people who are looking for were also engaged in the sale of machinery, tools and light plants that they bought in China and marketed them as prestigious brands, as indicated by the Jalisco prosecutor Sánchez Jiménez at a press conference yesterday to give details of the investigation on the disappearance.

The missing Italians ... from the mafia?
During the match between Napoli and SPAL, of Italy's prestigious Serie A soccer league , a giant banner was deployed on the rostrum: "Free the Neapolitans in Mexico."

From the stand of the San Paolo stadium and also by means of a march in southern Naples, the Mexican authorities were required to act effectively after the disappearance of three Italian citizens in Tecalitlán, Jalisco , on January 31. The last thing they told their relatives, according to their testimony, is that several police officers in a vehicle and two motorcycles had stopped and ordered them to follow them.

The missing citizens are Raffaele Russo, 60 years old; his son Antonio, 26, and his nephew Vincenzo Cimmino, 30 . And the main suspicion, which has been published in the media, is that behind this is the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, as Loret de Mola points out today in his column.

According to Mexican authorities consulted for this column, the government of Italy notified the PGR that the Russo family is known in that country for belonging to a criminal organization called Los Magliari (merchants), dedicated to counterfeiting and fraud, and that even Raffaele Russo was imprisoned in Italy for three years for these crimes.

Not only that. According to the same sources, the Italian authorities claimed to have evidence that Raffaele Russo was selling counterfeit machinery and equipment of the German Bosch brand to businessmen and merchants in Jalisco. The Mexican authorities suspect that maybe they sold the pirate equipment "to someone wrong" and the rest was a reprisal.

The Mexico-Italy cooperation has been increasingly fluid since the capture in the European country of former Tamaulipas governor Tomas Yarrington, in the process of extradition shared with the United States.

Intelligence work and field research in our country is being carried out by the Center for Investigation and National Security (CISEN), the Attorney General's Office and the Ministry of National Defense in order to find Italian citizens and capture to those responsible.

The issue is not there because there are still several mysteries to unravel. Even if the Italians are sellers of pirate equipment, which is to be proven, that does not justify that they can disappear, and even less with the apparent collaboration of local authorities. There are municipal and state police in the crosshairs. The mayor of Tecalitlán, Jalisco, PRI Víctor Díaz Contreras, is also under suspicion.

There is still much to be told about this story that seems even bigger than the banner that the fans deployed in the stands of the San Paolo stadium in Naples.

Google translate and changed "blanket (manta) to banner instead.

https://www.debate.com.mx/mexico/Cae-italiano-en-Guanajuato-con-carga-de-herramientas-pirata-20180221-0086.html

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

BajaCheryl
One of the guys in my office just told me he had a friend who bought some REALLY innexpensive brand name tools from some Italians driving a fancy car in La Paz.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Magliari basically means conmen so something got lost in translation between Italy and PGR. I doubt there is any Italian organization called "Los Magliari" as counterfeit products, which is the trade of a magliaro, is a big part of the Camorra income in Naples, and the former big boss before the Camorra wars (which interestingly enough began due to balkanization/fragmentation), Paulo di Lauro, started out as a magliaro and the stories goes that he introduced the trade as a major income source for the organization along with the drug trade, and banned kidnapping, rape, theft and even gambling in his area of control.

He went forever under the radar, and the police only understood who he was after a brawl in one of his kids' school, where a teacher slapped his son, I think, and some "men of honor" thought it was appropriate to pay the teacher a visit to slap him back, which led to di Lauro having to visit the police station to make a statement, and then afterwards they picked up the incident on the wire tap chatter, connecting the dots when they learned that the unknown top boss "Pasquale" had visited the police station.

I have met some of these Italian conmen selling "high end" suits out of their cars, all over Europe. Would not surprise me if they are in Mexico either, and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a short trip from suits to drugs and money laundering. I even bet there is a conspiracy theory already claiming the first intercontinental drug war. CJNG VS the Camorra - who would you put your money on?

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

i found the reference in italian media  reporting on the family

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Yeah, the father is wanted in Italy for a con in Frosinone, although he and his gang practiced it throughout the country.

He was accused being the leader of a group of 11 who would knock on the door of elderly victims and claim to be a lawyer with info about a son who caused a serious accident and is in trouble, but he can return home if the victim pays the damages immediately.

https://internapoli.it/scomparsi-in-messico-raffaele-russo-rischia-larresto-in-italia/

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

and russo has  two convictions he served 3 years

they are well known gangsters and actually had a big show of support in naples.

I relied on italian media, not only current issues but back issues to get info. and fotos

interesting is in italian Mexico is Messico.  A term I use as in a mess

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Siskiyou_Kid
Yeah, I knew a few Italians in Brazil and can communicate and read it fairly well. I get a kick out of Messico as well.

It's a bit amusing the family in Naples say they're not Camorristi, just Magliari. That's saying they're not mafiosi, just con men.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

I think they were Camorristi. They hailed from Case Nuove, which is controlled by the Mazzerella clan, and there is no way they could have operated independently or with their own organization when the magliari trade is one of two most important income sources for the Camorra.

The Mazzarella clan was part of the so-called Scissionisti that broke away from di Lauro.

Re: Three Italian men disappear after being arrested by municipal police in southern Jalisco

Photos have surfaced of two of the Italians.

https://www.vocedinapoli.it/2018/03/03/napoletani-rapiti-in-messico-il-legale-della-famiglia-gli-uomini-in-foto-dei-contadini/