Thoughts on ML turning himself in

Mica
I am curious what the group thinks about ML turning himself in (or captured not 100% sure)?

- If he turned himself in, obviously there was a coordinated plan.  Was his dad part of the deal or
  coordinator?
- Death sentence in Mexico, yes but was he also running out of funds?
- I keep laughing how most news sites/blogs are showing a picture of his cousin, El Liebre.  That guy is
  fucked and all of the other loyal guys to him.

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

Tully
El heredero del Cartel de Los Dámaso, el que disputaba el control del Cartel de Sinaloa a los hijos de Joaquín Guzmán Loera, Dámaso López Serrano “El Mini Lic”, se entregó de manera voluntaria a agentes de la DEA, en lo que apunta a un acuerdo entre autoridades de Estados Unidos y Dámaso López Núñez, “El Lic”, quien enfrenta un proceso de extradición.

Hasta ayer Dámaso López Serrano, quien a través del grupo armado Fuerzas Especiales de Dámaso (FED) había confrontado violentamente a la estructura del Cartel de Sinaloa encabezada por Aureliano Guzmán Loera, era señalado como uno de los principales actores que habían ocasionado el repunte de la violencia en los estados de Sinaloa y Baja California Sur.

Hoy, según confirmaron fuentes extraoficiales de la PGR, “El Mini Lic” se entregó de manera voluntaria ante funcionarios de la DEA en el estado de California, luego de pactar su ingreso a Estados Unidos con ese fin, en donde se presume que la decisión de la entrega fue dictada por el padre del aludido, Dámaso López Núñez, quien estaría en negociaciones con la autoridad federal de Estados Unidos para alcanzar una reducción de sentencia, una vez que sea extraditado.

http://www.reporteindigo.com/reporte/mexico/damasoi-lopez-entrega-dea-estados-unidos-cartel-sinaloa

Basically it says that Mini Lic surrendered to DEA in USA to reduce any possible sentence his Dad will get once his Dad is extradited to the US.  Says El Lic is behind these negotiations.  I'm sure there's more, but that's a start.

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

What real value is the son, if they have the father?  His Dad probably told him to do this to save his life.  There's no assurance he will be extradited with or without his son.

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

Thanks Tully.

@J, I agree on no assurance, Mexico will do what ever it wants (especially with the political jousting with the US).  I am certain the US does not need it, but ML and or his father would be probably the top witness against Chapo.  Plus the DEA has a hard on for this Chapitos.  Imagine making an average DEA salary on the dedicated CDS team and Chapitos are advertising riches for the world to see!

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

Anasazi
If there was a deal, I'd assume it would be something like Damaso doesn't implicate certain people in Mexico if/when he's extradited to the U.S. and in return his son's life is spared and Mexican authorities let him go to the U.S. instead of killing him or turning him over to CDS/Chapitos. That and/or something related to what happens to his money.

Even if Mini Lic had tens of millions to throw around, I don't think he has it in him to mount a real effort to retain territory in Sinaloa and B.C. and wage war against the Chapitos. He probably wants to retire to a quiet life in suburban middle America in the Witness Protection Program rather than life the narco life.

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

hes wanted in san diego together with el 15

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

Many Sinaloa factions came to an end in the Narco Polo indictment, I think Los Lics were next after those cases, based on debriefing by the cooperators.

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

deelucky1
they have lots of property in mexicali and calexico

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

huero minuto
So maybe the CIA will get a tunnel or two.  Only for valid intelligence puposes of course. LOL!
Jstanothercoyo

Re: Thoughts on ML turning himself in

According to the Mexican Authorities (take with a grain of salt) this article in the Houston Chronicle says Mini Lic is a protected witness?Also this article has lots of pics (81) of Mini Lic and other narcos living the 'high'life of excess.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/son-of-a-mexican-cartel-boss-flaunts-life-of-wealth-guns-drugs-on-instagram/ar-AAphAOa?li=AAggFp5