They find almost 1 million poppy plants

TNL

They find almost 1 million poppy plants

TNL
They find almost 1 million poppy plants

The finding came after a clash on Tuesday. Photo: Special

Jesus Guerrero
Chilpancingo, Mexico (25 August 2017) .- State police and police have destroyed almost one million poppy plants for three days in the vicinity of the community of Polixtepec, in the Municipality of Leonardo Bravo, reported the Spokesman of the Guerrero Coordination Group , Roberto Álvarez.

"The actions of the security forces are derived from the acts of violence recorded last Tuesday in this mountain community, where one person was killed and another was injured when groups of armed civilians were confronted," the statement said.

After controlling the situation, he added, from the air were located large tracts of land with fields of poppy

"From Wednesday to Friday have been destroyed almost 20 hectares or 200 thousand square meters in the vicinity of Polixtepec," said the official.

In the last month, the State Police and the Army have intensified their presence in that Municipality of the Central region after last July 29, residents of Chichihualco, municipal head of Leonardo Bravo, held more than 100 federal police, who Accused of committing abuses and arbitrary detentions.

Intelligence reports from state authorities indicate that the criminal group of the Cartel de la Sierra operates in that locality. Two people were killed in Acapulco

Two people were killed this Friday in different events in Acapulco.

In Pie de la Cuesta was found the corpse of a taxi driver, who since last Wednesday was missing.

Meanwhile, between Sinaloa and Durango streets, in Colonia Progreso, an individual was shot dead. On one side of the body were several cards with a narcomensaje.

Google translated from: http://www.reforma.com/aplicaciones/articulo/default.aspx?id=1194381

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

stevectpa
won't fentanyl eventually replace poppy growing/heroin?   less overhead, more potent...or will heroin users stay fixed on heroin and not consider fentanyl a substitute regardless of cost?

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

Fentanyl is more addictive and because of the potency addicts don't get the same rush when they inject heroin.

However, because it's short acting users are forced to redose every hour or so. This coupled with potency, has users lining up to buy more, redoubling the addictive nature.

I'm sure there are many users who still want 'the real thing', but as a street drug it appears that fentanyl and related analogues will supersede poppy-derived opiates, much as methamphetamine has supplanted cocaine in many US cities.

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

huero minuto
Poppy makes money though.  If the cartels moved completely to fenatayl production i cant imagine what the campesinos would grow to make some cash.  Pot is becoming less profitable since its becoming legal in the US.  Vegetable crops cant compare especially since NAFTA eliminated any subsidies that those farmers got from growing corn.  I think Poppy is gonna be around for a while, all you need is seed and land.   Most junkies probably would prefer to have some good clean heroin than to die over some fenatayl laced junk.
Jstanothercoyo

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

el Jesse James
This exactly. Many a yall BIG time underestimate how difficult it is to synthesize fent and its various higher/lower potency, longer/shorter duration analogues.. IME most fent analogues feel similarly enough that ain't noone gone really be able to distinguish parafluoro-butyr fentanyl vs isobutyr fentanyl vs OG plain vanilla fent. You can get slightly longer durations, and  in sufentanil for example a much shorter duration with much potency. It's an interesting chemical/group of opioids for sure!

Back to my point, fent synthesis is a SERIOUS undertaking! Very very serious, for noone but the extremely determined. LSD is profitable enough, especially $/weight..!!! But you don't really see cartels messing with it. From what I've seen, LSD for example has been described as likely a 9/10 in difficulty of synthesis. Fentanyl would be atleast a 8 if not 9/10 as well. There's easier access to fent precursors in Mx so that's one factor for seeing production happening there but not USA. I've seen a theoretical one-pot method for fentanyl synthesis written by an acquaintance but it was purely theoretical. Fentanyl is lucrative enough that those with the resources will invest in learning how to make it/hiring those who can. Yet it ain't popular enough, simple enough, old enough, etc for it to become as popular as meth production for the time being..atleast not IMO. Fentanyl synthesis is a solid level up in difficulty from meth, along with not having as many people experienced in making it or as many established methods/formulas/etc..

And unless the heroin in a given area is garbage or particular user in question has a massive tolerance..most customers by and large will prefer H. And most times they will know once they're sick a couple hours after a hit.

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

el Jesse James
This post was updated on .
I can tell ya that if you had a particular batch of dope you received and it was a might bit weaker than what you usually get/what folks are accustomed to getting,.. customers wouldn't mind a bit of fent being thrown in to bring it back up or slightly above equipotent with what they're used to. Most/all wouldn't notice it contains big bad fentanyl and would be happy. Obviously precautions have to be taken to ensure its homogeneous with no hot spots..
What very few if any want, is solo fentanyl that's been chopped down, with no diamorphine in the mixture at all. Like I said, may provide just as good if not better rush yet sends one into withdrawal hell after 1-2 hours AND always carries higher risk of OD...
Even dumber than that, solo fentanyl with no diamorphine in mixture that's been chopped down so very much that users can't hardly feel it. Yes it is possible and actually happens sometimes. Literally defeating the original purpose of the crap when the corner boys do that.
For some odd reason, from what I hear from some folks in a certain west coast area: if the dealers have some knowledge and are selling it as fentanyl (instead of passing it off as h) they are charging a higher price for it than the same weight of boy...regardless of how cut it is. This is ridiculous because 1g street dope will be much more expensive all way from producer -> consumer than an equipotent gram of imitation dope.

Sorry for the novella..just some thoughts. Have a good one yall

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

ENDTHEWAR
I just fell off wagon for heroin and  ended up going on a six day bender. I take buprenorphine regularly and in the past I'd be able to go on a run and jump back on bupe no problem. This time I was dogshit dope sick for 3 fucking days even while dosing with bupe. Missed a lot of work. I believe  its from all the fent dudes are throwing on their dope to make it kick harder. Think I'm done with dope for a long time after that. Didn't even enjoy it beyond the first night.

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

el Jesse James
Bupe absolutely sucks. May sound like nonsense to anyone who aint tried it but lope truly honestly does work better than bupe! If you do it right, it'll make a believer out of you. And there is a safe way to detox or even maintain with lope if ya ain't retarded about it. 40-48mg 1x a day.. or some may need 40-48mg 2x/day... but NO MORE than that. Never ever ever go over 96mg per 24 hrs. The folks you hear about with heart issues are idiots who are taking upwards of 150 up to even 300+mg/day for extended periods of time. My brother and best friend in the world was one of those idiots and nearly died from heart failure for his recklessness despite my repeated warnings and pleas to drastically lower his doses. He finally wised up.
It'll be a sad day when lope is restricted due to reckless fools because it is such a lifesaver the likes of which we ain't seen before...

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

dcm90
el Jesse James wrote
what is lope? and yes bupe sucks. i even think suboxone is worse than methadone in terms of  fucking your body/brain.
and well.. at least methadone can ge you really high if you get pills to shoot them...

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

ENDTHEWAR
Was just gonna ask the same as dcm90...what is lope?

I've never been on methadone, got so shook by the stories about it. Plus daily trips to the clinic sealed the deal for me. I go once a month for my subutex. Subutex works for me. Deep down I feel like I won't ever be able to live a normal life without an opiate subsitute. I flushed the last 10 years of my life down the toilet riding around the hood chasing dope.

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

stevectpa
Loperamide ?

https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/more-on-the-loperamide-thing/

There's a lot more about it in a search.

Other countries don't use the clinic method. A doctor will give you a script of 100 pills of 40 mg every couple of months.

Re: They find almost 1 million poppy plants

ENDTHEWAR
Ohhhh imodium. If i recall...its an opiate but doesnt cross the blood brain barrier or something. I remember buying a couple boxes of it when I tried to cold turkey heroin and that shit definately helped. It took the edge off and made my stomach ease up a lot.