The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Bjeff
The head of the PGR said Miguel Angel Trevino was perfectly secure and out of respect for his rights there was no need to take excessive measures.

"In order to respect the rights of Miguel Angel Trevino Morales, alias 'Z-40', he was not handcuffed, but also because he was perfectly secured", said the head of the Attorney General the Republic (PGR), Jesús Murillo Karam.

In a radio interview he explained that there was no need of excesses so they were very respectful, and that the provisions were for the care of the respect for the rights.

He explained that within the SEIDO facilities, he was given the treatment that is given to all.

"It was the right decision," he said.

Source:
http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2013/07/17/909358

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

j.ward
This post was updated on .
Mexico is so ass backwards they will never fix there problems with criminals running the country. Talking about Z40 and his "rights" makes me want to puke!

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Mitch Oriso
Thanks for your post Bjeff,

Of course 40 was secure within SEIDO facilities.

My Guess is that by showing 40 being escorted sans cuffs and the marinos saying no shot was fired the marinos were conducting Psyops, making it appear as if 40 was surrendering voluntarily, hoping to demoralize his followers.

Saludos
Mitcho

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Maddy

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Tijuano
NAJ wrote
z40 was the source of mexicos drug war and he gets to walk loose..but chapo, the man who countered all the misery and tried to protect mexico gets handcuffed and has his head faced down by the soldiers hand as a sign that they got the upper hand..

WTF? Chapo countered all the misery and tried to protect Mexico? by causing the war in Juarez? by heating Tijuana killing people who had NOTHING to do so the plaza would heat up for the others there?, by trying to get to Nuevo Laredo and heating that plaza too? How the hell did Chapo tried to help and protect Mexico?

Z40 is a HUGE bastard, but Chapo is AT LEAST the same as Z40, he heated every plaza in Mexico, if the war can be traced to one man it is Chapo, not z40.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

tahquitz
"tried to protect Mexico"???  I haven't laughed that hard in a while thanks for that!

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

choco
Per reality, Chapo was being escorted across an open tarmac. Z-40 was in a closed secured facility.  That is the reason one was handcuffed and one wasn't.  I'm sure Z-40 was hand-cuffed initially.

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Respecting his rights my ass What about all the innocent people wrongfully arrested for a crime they didn't commit to cover someone whos on the dole what about THEIR rights?Authorities are probably afraid of Z40s people if hes handled IMPROPERLY in public and as JWard pointed out the criminals run the country not the authorities read; NARCO STATE

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Does  anybody know how witness protection program works in mexico as far as all the narcos who have been caught like la barbie ,coss,el grande ,z40 , el chango, are considered to be in mexicos witness protection program including their family until extredited kind of answers the question about a thread a little while back about these guys singing like canarys. peña nieto just recently gave witness protection program more money annualy.could also explain why z40 was walking without handcuffs ehhh! Some food for thought!

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Itzli
I don't know how it works but have read that El Grande is a protected witness. Latest addition to the program is Javier "K14" Garza Medrano of the CDG.

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

deelucky1
I never knew witness protection exsited in mexico who can they trust mexico is so screwd up i doubt such a program can work but it does exist.it really didnt make sense to me how these narcos getting caught would give up information easily i thought it was torture

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

yes thank you, much has been made of this and I wondered why, it is not uncommon to be uncuffed once secured.  I think Choco is correct of course at the scene and transfer there must have been cuffs, after that the hell was he going to do?  Inside the PGR building surrounded.  Unarmed.  nice way to get killed, if he wanted that he would have shot it out like a badass when cornered.

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Itzli
I don't blame you at all for being skeptical, but at least in the case of "Jennifer", who was really Roberto López Nájera, the information provided did major damage to the Beltran Leyva Cartel. You can read more about it at La historia de testigo protegido "Jennifer" en su paso por PGR if you read Spanish. But long story short, he had a falling out with La Barbie, his brother got killed, and he provided information out of revenge.

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

I think its a phsycological tactic they use like when being interogated letting the  criminal know he can trust you cops use that they even offer warm meals

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

we have it in English on mainboard

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

Yea i also read  elsewhere witness getting murdered its not like your typical WP you see in the movies like goodfellas as far as crippling a cartel i think its very  effective but protecting is where the program lacks help in mexico

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

They probably confine them to solitary confinement in jail for there own protection and as far as singing like canaries my brother was an interrogator for the RCMP and he says the criminals almost all sing like canaries without involving any torture

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

ElEscocés

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

I don't think it real matters if the criminal snitches or not The other criminals in the organization just assume they do if caught so they kill the family anyway so they have nothing to lose and if the family is gone then they are really going to sing like A CANARY

Re: The reason Z-40 wasn't handcuffed

canadiana wrote
They probably confine them to solitary confinement in jail for there own protection and as far as singing like canaries my brother was an interrogator for the RCMP and he says the criminals almost all sing like canaries without involving any torture
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!RCMP canadian police are you for reals or is there a RCMP in mexico im not aware of i was talking about witness protection program in MEXICO I DIDNT KNOW THEY TAKE THEM TO CANADA TO GET INTEROGATED
12