“The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

“The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Char

"My struggle is for the people
There is peace and a lot of party "

On the night of December 27th, on behalf of "Señor de los Gallos", a special greeting was expressed publicly before hundreds of people gathered in the bullring of Tonaya, wishing them happy holidays at the end of the year.

That night in the Sierra de Amula region, the indestructible H3H bulls of La Garita, Jalisco, were played in the jaripeo, which threw most of the riders to the ground, leaving one seriously injured in the penultimate mountain.

The group Alto Mando and the band Puro Grullo played some corridos dedicated to "El Mencho" as it is known as Nemesio Oceguera Cervantes, known in the Sierra de Amula region as "El Señor de los Gallos".

Singer Rocke Martinez came to this mezcal town that in one of the corridos mentioned:

"It's my brave and noble land
These men are rights
The one born in Michoacán
He has to grow with talent
All bring the hard rod
Today I sing to Mencho. "

Standing on stage accompanied by Los Hijos de Lucas, Rocke Martínez took off his hat when he started singing the corridos of "La Batalla", "El Señor de la Sierra" and "Yo soy El Mencho".

La Banda Puro Grullo, known as the new musical force of Jalisco, performed several songs alluding to the famous Nemesio Oceguera, "El Señor de los Gallos".

"Behind fear, control
The way out of your problems
And another run for the lord
Mencho Oceguera.

Followed
There is a party in war
A live band
It reverberates in the mountains

With your good horses
Fighting cocks
A whiskey on the rocks
That's the way it is "

The party in the bullring lasted until two in the morning, without there being a single lawsuit between those present. Everything passed in calm, while dozens of bottles of tequila, cognac and whiskey were consumed, making men and women happy.

One of the most famous taqueros of the town, remembers: "Years ago when they began to come those people arrived here and they sat down, they asked for tacos and orders of roasted meat. Yes, well legal, everything paid. They never left without stopping to pay me and we did very well when they arrived in a group. "

Those were the days when caravans of dozens of trucks passed through the town towards the mountainous area that borders the municipalities of Tapalpa and Chiquilistlán.

In a low voice, he relates: "One day I asked one of them: Good and who is the famous Mencho? -Then, they pointed it out to me and I recognized him because he always ate little meat. Of course, always to every mother, respectful. I do not forget that one day they hired me for a roast beef in a ranch and the pure Llegon the Lord gave me a bottle of good and even told some of the boys not to disturb me.

On August 25, 2012 there was a confrontation in the Sierra de Tonaya, between the Federal Preventive Police and the Jalisco New Generation Cartel. The story published in the national newspapers relates the attack with Black Hawk helicopters.

Some tonayenses remember that for several years they continued to see the "Lord of the Roosters" walking quietly in the streets during the holidays.

After May 1, 2015, after another confrontation between federal forces and the CJNG. Since then they have not looked at the "Man" in the traditional parties, where he came to walk in good horses and surround himself with beautiful females, having fun with his people.

"Tonaya is a quiet town, here since" The Lord "arrived, robberies, chaos and even lawsuits are over. Everything is well controlled, very quiet, "said a young man who walks carefree, accompanied by his girlfriend to leave the square.

(Pedro Silva / CANAL235.COM)

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Hola Char...where can i see the spanish version of this post? the link didn't work for me

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Char

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Uday
Char bro  Do you know about guanajauto news?

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

El17
Why do they say he ate little meat?  Is that a cultural thing in Mexico?  I remember in Ivan G's interview in jail he said his father ate little meat as well.

Edit:  I found the link.  "I think my father rarely ... "eats meat"" is the exact wording.

Source:
https://www.sinembargo.mx/14-07-2015/1412958

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

El17
No one else found this strange? When someone asks about your father you respond with his meat consumption?

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Something probably didn't come out in the translation from Spanish to English.Not everything can be translated literally word for word or it comes out ridiculous sounding.

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

El17
I understand.  I'm not a native Spanish speaker.  I was wondering what they meant.  I've never heard that phrase in English.

Re: “The Lord of the Roosters” greets the people of Tonaya

Ciro
I also find that strange.  Maybe its a sign of good health.