The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

leChef

by LILIANA PADILLA

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel ( CJNG ) displaced the Sinaloa cartel after the fall of Joaquín, El Chapo Guzmán and los Guerreros Unidos in control of the third largest city in the United States : Chicago , which due to its population and commercial importance in the Northeast American, today has become the logistics center of the criminal organization directed by Nemesio Oseguera , El Mencho.

According to the report prepared by the Field Division of the Drug Control Administration ( DEA ) in Chicago, Mexican drug cartels represent "the greatest threat" to this government agency and the CJNG is the group with the highest increase in his power and influence has had in the last two years.

The report details that Mexican criminal groups mainly traffic heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as fentanyl with a purity of less than 10 percent.

In addition, Mexican cartels such as Jalisco Nueva Generación, Guerreros Unidos, del Golfo, Sinaloa and Beltrán Leyva brothers use a series of intermediaries to supervise the shipment of drugs across the southern border of the country and thus facilitate sales to wholesale and middle-level customers in the main distribution centers located throughout the North American territory.

Key intermediaries are generally established in the United States but maintain close relationships with relatives or criminal partners in Mexico.

According to the DEA, these people are critical in cartel operations, both for their ability to negotiate drug deals, to coordinate smuggling operations and to help isolate members of the high-level cartel in Mexico assuming great part of the risk, thus preventing the authority from achieving its containment.

The report details that the fentanyl that comes from China is often purchased online and sent by mail, while the one produced by Mexican cartels is smuggled from the border.

It recognizes that the availability and abuse of these drugs is high and opioids are consumed mainly in cities, while in rural areas methamphetamines are used.

The DEA noted that the large volume of legitimate commerce and the vast infrastructure of the Chicago area , including an extensive highway, as well as train and air transport networks, along with hundreds of warehouses and facilities, make that city one of the centers of the most important drug trafficking in the country.

Drugs are transferred from Mexico to the United States through a wide range of means of transportation, especially tractors, commercial buses, and personal vehicles.

The city of Chicago also serves as an important collection point, which is generally smuggled back to the southern border to Mexico in bulk, or, sometimes, washed by the same criminal organizations.

Until 2015, when Guerreros Unidos and Los Rojos were designated as responsible for the disappearance of the 43 normalists of Ayotzinapa , Guerreros was at the center of the distribution of narcotics in Chicago, through different transport routes from Mexico to that nerve center.

Source:
https://www.milenio.com/internacional/cartel-de-jalisco-desplaza-al-de-sinaloa-en-chicago
https://twitter.com/DEAHQ/status/1215057597482590209

Re: The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

Wow I head this from DEA recent DEA reports but thought it was in error

Re: The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

leChef
At least the murder rate is down in Windy City:
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/31/us/chicago-murders-drop-2019/index.html

Re: The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

The indictments handed down between 2012 and 2015, really hurt the Sinaloa's crews there.  El Trebol, Mini Lic's crew, the Chapo Guzman close associates, I can't remember the names.

But, I would say there was really a shift when the Flores Twins flipped. That set back Sinaloa assets back a generation.

Re: The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

Good points J...especially after the chapo trial.  many of the important witnesses stemmed from chicago prosecution.

What about GU?  that is surprising.  have they made an alliance or agreement with Mencho?  I can see him allowing them to be in Chicago if he has merged in the forefront.  GU and CJNG never really went at each other as long as each respected their territory in Gro.  But IDK about this.  I smell an agreement of sorts.  which is CJNG's specialty

Re: The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

They hit GU's operation in 2014 and 2015, and basically finished them in Chicago.

Re: The Jalisco cartel displaces Sinaloa in Chicago

Parras
Anyone notices how they are presenting a new cartel map?
https://twitter.com/DEAHQ/status/1215057597482590209

It apparently is from 2018, but I dont remember ever seeing it before (2015 last one published by the DEA). Does anyone know ehre I can see a full size image of it