Thank you President Trump!

Locked 37 messages Options
12
Kab

Thank you President Trump!

Kab
Cartels designated as terrorists by our great President Donald Trump!

The US will legally designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist groups, President Donald Trump has said.

Mr Trump told conservative media figure Bill O'Reilly that he had already been working on the designation for 90 days.

It prompted Mexico's foreign ministry to request an urgent meeting with US State Department officials.

This month, Mr Trump said he would "wage WAR on the drug cartels" after an attack on US citizens in Mexico that killed three women and six children.
Media captionTrump tells Bill O'Reilly about his plan to designate cartels as terror groups

The victims, who were Mormons of dual US-Mexican nationality, were killed in an ambush while travelling through a remote area of northern Mexico on 4 November.

Officials said it may have been a case of mistaken identity, but relatives of the victims said the killers must have known whom they were targeting.

The president said on Tuesday: "They will be designated... I have been working on that for the last 90 days. You know, designation is not that easy, you have to go through a process, and we are well into that process."

In a statement released shortly afterwards, Mexico's foreign ministry said: "The foreign minister will establish contact with his counterpart, Michael R Pompeo, in order to discuss this very important issue for the bilateral agenda."

When a group is designated as a terrorist organisation in the US, it becomes illegal for people in the US to to knowingly offer support.

Its members are also banned from entering the US. If they are already in the US, they face being deported.

If financial institutions discover they have funds connected to the group, they are required to block the money and alert the US Treasury Department.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

juris
 What the hell does that even mean? last I checked, cartels and their activities were illegal and subject to sanctions.  Sounds like blowing smoke to me.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Feynman
Re "blowing smoke": this is literally everything I've seen from Trump. Does something that is no different from before, claims it's 'historic' or whatever, finds someone to say "thank you President T", etc etc.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

CartelDeLaPaz
In theory, a terrorist label gives Trump the authority to intervene in Mexico, use drones to target terrorists etc.

In practice we all know it's just pandering to get votes.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Ciro
Yes sir you can thank Trump all you like but nothing will change

Re: Thank you President Trump!

blanco puro
any indications on which cartels will be designated as terrorist organizations?

Re: Thank you President Trump!

such a weak argument.
reality is you can't go to war with one weapon

Re: Thank you President Trump!

i think it is cdn and cdg from what i saw it did not include the biggest threat which is cjng

the bill spells it out

Re: Thank you President Trump!

blanco puro
chivis - if cds is not on the list only cdn and cdg it is because cds has the support of trump lol

Re: Thank you President Trump!

can you post proof of that?  a link?

otherwise you are being absurd.  I do not allow any political garbage against either party.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Guero1990
There’s is great book called The Cobra written bye Frederick Forsyth. Veteran Forsyth (The Day of the Jackal) shows once again he's a master of the political thriller by taking a simple but completely original idea and turning it into a compelling story. The unnamed Obama-like U.S. president, disgusted by the horrors wrought by illegal drug trafficking, decides to bring the entire weight and resources of the federal government against the international cocaine trade. He first declares drug traders and their cartels to be terrorists, subjecting them to new and extensive legal procedures, then he brings in ex-CIA director Paul Devereaux to head the team that will implement the effort. Devereaux, known as the Cobra from his operations days, is old school—smart, ruthless, unrelenting, and bestowed by the president with free rein to call in any arm of the government. Forsyth lays out how it would all work, and readers will follow eagerly along, always thinking, yes, why don't they do this in real life? The answer to that question lies at the heart of this forceful, suspenseful, intelligent novel.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Coconut-K
Funny how america won't drop bombs on those that fund these " terrorists " .  Or even eliminate them. Maybe not using taxpayer dollars for narcan is a start. Let them die just like you would someone funding islamic terrorism.
Kab

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Kab
Everyone saying Trump blowing hot air, but think of the significance this has by announcing it and making it official.

Next time another innocent American dies at the hands of these narco-terrorist animals, it will further galvanize this Narco terrorism rethoric.

As a native from Mexico, I welcome the day I can finally travel safely to my ranchito of Valle de Santiago, Guanajuato.  Fuck these criminals for ruining my beautiful country and sending it back to the stone ages.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

NEW HERE

Re: Thank you President Trump!

They say people who hate Trump will disagree with everything he does just to take the opposing side.

I literally can’t see one valid opposition to adding DTO to list of Terrorist organizations, but then again I am an independent.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

NEW HERE

Re: Thank you President Trump!

blanco puro
Adding names to a list of does nothing. You can change the name of your group and then what, your group is not terrorists anymore?
Silly solutions, without real results. What does adding names to a list do? The bad guys were bad guys long before they were branded as "bigger badguys" and they will continue not caring. Do you think FARC said "oh boy we better disband we've been labeled terrorists"
This list is as stupid and ineffective as building a wall.

Have to agree with you 100% NEW HERE.These thugs don't just change their livelihoods when their boss goes down.They either change Cartels or strike out on their own.Also like you said the criminals have the cops outgunned and there isn't enough resources to go around to fund these underfunded police departments.Also the corruption and culture of 'looking the other way' and 'not getting involved' is another contributing factor I think.I think the main culprit though regardless of these other factors are lack of rule of law although the previously stated factors do contribute to this!From what I have seen and read on here daily for 6 years is that whatever they are doing is not working and the violence and drug use is getting worse therefore I come to the above conclusions.

Re: Thank you President Trump!

blanco puro
NEW HERE - you're right, the american govt funded and trained the syrian rebels who were Al Qaeda aligned. They were on some "list" somewhere too and it didn't stop them from doing business with them. When it suits their agenda they do business with whomever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/world/middleeast/cia-arming-syrian-rebels.html

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/2141729/heres-whos-who-syria-conflict-assad-regime-jihadists-rebels
12