Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

JMB

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

JMB
Well, ICE can arrest and begin whatever process is necessary,  the NG cannot. ICE is the main agency for immigration control,  or did you get a bit flustered for a sec?
JMB

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

JMB
If we decide to use troops for every dayum thing, ie wars, search action, humanitarian efforts, etc. then yes, we do so to the tune of trillions. We do all realize how much just one missile, one fighter jet, one tank, one artillery battery, a real humvee, and one M14/16 costs yes? Now calculate by thousands and over a decade of continuous military actions plus parts, maintenance,  and personnel costs.

Its not cheap.

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

I did say those comments were born from ignorance and dangerous imagination (I was being polite)

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

1966tinman
The only thing broken about the current federal immigration laws ALREADY on the books is the lack of enforcement by the federal government . There are already laws dealing with hiring illegals , processing asylum seekers , deporting visa violators and criminal aliens , ect .  If the government would enforce  the law there would be no illegal workers with jobs and money to pay off human traffickers to bring over their children .  Seems that the lack of enforcement and inconsistent policies by the federal government has caused  this present crisis .  All of this left-wing liberal and right-wing rhetoric does nothing to solve the problem . It is only when the rule of law is followed and enforced that we will solve the immigration dilemma .

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

deelucky1
This is a goodtime to ask the U.S where is all that money from illegal employment that my amigos use like fake socials to work and can't claim there taxes. maybe they can use that money to help these people out in there country so they don't flood the u.s.how about them apples.no use keeping all that money in the lost and found account.

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

Nuttz

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

deelucky1
That's peanuts that acc. Has enough to go around .medical  should be free for all like in Europe they take it off your hard earn check and you don't even know it.you must like getting screwd !

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

Nuttz

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

deelucky1
Canadiana your up!

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

2% of the total funding per year
far less than the overpayment of income tax paid by migrants, not to mention employers gain of unpaid wages when deported.

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

The only thing Canadians are good at  is making moosehead beer!

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

ArmChairIntellect
Politics as usual, Perry is a douche however....

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

La Flama Blanca
@nuttz..

Is that chapo or mayo in your avi pic? Or is it just photo shopped?

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

Mexico-Watcher
DD wrote
Much of the noise about the children is political rhetoric from both Rep. and Dems.

The logic just doesn't add up.  People that say that ""most of these so called kids are 16 and 17 years old and are MS13" and that "dems are accomodating" them so that "they will become citizens  and dems" are ignoring reality.

How many MS13 members are likely to go through years of qualifying to become citizens?  If it is true that "most...are MS13" and if it were true that most of them will be granted asylum or refugee status, the dems would be committing political suicide.  Long before they could be granted citizenship and become dems the dems would be crucified for allowing them in followed by the crimes they would likely commit after gaining legal status.

This week the President warned Latin American leaders that most of those "children" would not be allowed to stay.

"In a White House meeting with the leaders of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, Obama had a tough-love message: his administration had compassion for the children, but not many would qualify for humanitarian relief or refugee status. "
DD: Good post, amigo.

I'd like to add that the Democrat Party's long-term planning is based on projected demographics and PANDERING to LATINOS.  This ill advised thinking may actually backfire when many Latinos realize they are being "played" for ulterior motives and that the outcomes will be dependent enslavement as in Mexico.

Especially today, with the corrupt machinations of political parties in Mexico, many Latinos (mainly Mexican) understand political pandering.  Of course the Democrats will use Latino politicians to "sell" the Democrat party to Latinos.

These Latino "vendidos" or Judas' Goats are already in the political machinery primed and ready to "use" Latino voters to advance their own fortunes (like in Mexico) by promising mana from Heaven and demonizing conservatives.  We know the drill... but this time the people's BS detectors might surprise everyone.  Why would Latinos want to become like ghetto Blacks who blindly worship Democrats?

IMO, the Democrats are way too obvious to fool a Latino people that is basically conservative in values and in thinking ... and also too wise (trucha) from experiences with Mexican politician models.

The GOP, must stay the course and avoid pandering to Latinos, Blacks, and Asians .... It must be colorblind aand avoid defining people as "victims" of class or race.  Latinos have come a long way and don't need pandering snake oils from "shuck and jive" artists like Obama and his Party.

 What do you think?

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

Slappy
Stupid.

They have no power to do anything, they cant arrest or shoot.  Given three shifts a day, it will be one dude every six miles.

Stupid.

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

spike151
Yeah i agree totally , its a waste of time and resources. I think Perry is doing this to prove a point and raise press awareness of whats happening on the border. He obviously think there is little press coverage and believes that texas is soon going to enter the next phase where cartels are commonly doing cross border raids in to the USA , to kidnap , kill with impunity like they do in Mexico.
I don't think he thinks it will achieve anything from a boots on the ground standpoint, as you point out one man every six miles is nothing , and as they have jurisdiction , whats the point of using soldiers. I presume that law enforcement doesn't have the man power to totally police the border.

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

Pinchegringo
JMB wrote
Well, ICE can arrest and begin whatever process is necessary,  the NG cannot. ICE is the main agency for immigration control,  or did you get a bit flustered for a sec?
Re-read the post....or just learn to read period

Once again since you apparently missed it the first time:

"This isn't the first time people have questioned the wisdom of sending National Guard troops to the border. In 2010, President Obama sent over 1,000 troops to the border. They weren't allowed to pursue or detain immigrants, "or investigate crimes, make arrests, stop and search vehicles, or seize drugs," The Washington Post reported in 2011. "Nor do they check Mexico-bound vehicles for bulk cash or smuggled weapons headed to the drug cartels." Basically, they keep watch and radio in any suspicious activity. Critics also argued that the National Guard's help cost an estimated $6,271 per person caught."

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

katattx
Its rare that a real illegal alien will voluntarily seek medical attention in an ER. They generally stay as far away from any official-ish situation for fear they will be asked for "papers" and discovered and deported.

Re: Texas Governor Rick Perry to deploy 1000 troops to US/Mexico Border

romatx
hello,i am new in here with this user name i used to post in a cdg thread by the user name of cdg y zetas misma popo.well why i am here is that i keep on reading of all this misinformation that is spread in the news by mr. perry.also,he has send alot of dps troopers supposedly to fight the cartels but they are not respecting the ordinary citizens constitutional rights.they stop almost everybody without having a good probable cause to do a legal stop.the problem is that we the people of the rio grande valley are not united to stand together and make them stop this illegal practices.                                                                well let me inform all the people that are not from here why i think this way.first of all the only ones benefitting from the immigrant crisis are the very ones perry wants to stop.the cartels charge immigrants from 3000 to 5000 dollars to smuggle them from el rio cuchiate to the american part of the rio grande.imagine lets say $3000 per head at a rate of at least 1000 per day,that is over 3million dollars.that is why not that much weed is being seized by border patrol cus with immigrants they don"t have to invest.well i have things to do at a later time will explain.personnaly i think perry is campaigning for his second presidential bid at the expense of us the rio grande valley citizens.bye
12