TARGET WAS THE SOCCER GAME-QUICK ACTION BY TORREON STADIUM SAVED LIVES-Natl Audience Watched- Shootout

TARGET WAS THE SOCCER GAME-QUICK ACTION BY TORREON STADIUM SAVED LIVES-Natl Audience Watched- Shootout

UPDATE 8/23/11:
Story below: The convoy tried to enter the stadium...was stopped preventing many deaths/here is a link to highway maps...

  http://www.mexicool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mexico-map-of-mexico.jpg

Gunfight at a Soccer Match in Torreon

 A gunfight erupted in Torreon, Coahuila state, at around 8 p.m. on Aug. 20, after a three-vehicle convoy of gunmen reportedly crashed through a security checkpoint outside the Territorio Santos Modelo soccer stadium. No one was killed or seriously injured during the shootout. Security forces closed the doors of the stadium — likely preventing the deaths of fans who might have panicked and run out into the gunfight — and established a security cordon around the facility.

Adelaido Flores Diaz, the director general of public security in Torreon, confirmed that the gunmen were targeting a Public Security Patrol, rather than the stadium or the fans therein. Stray bullets did enter the stadium. The gunmen evaded arrest by using caltrops (small, four-pointed spikes used to deflate vehicle tires) to slow pursuing authorities. Their truck was found abandoned and containing three high-caliber weapons and two grenades.

The shootout in Torreon illustrates the role geography plays in Mexico’s drug trafficking operations — a role of which cartel leaders keenly understand the importance. Cartels must not only move contraband into and out of the country, but also across it. Situated in central Mexico at the intersection of a couple of major highways, Torreon is a critical hub for cartels moving product to northern Mexico and, eventually, into the United States. Control of Torreon helps facilitate the movement of product from Mexico’s Pacific coast across the country to smuggling corridors, such as Nuevo Laredo and Ciudad Juarez, on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Because cartels understand the importance and vulnerability of their own supply routes, such gateway cities have become hotly disputed territory. Los Zetas and the Sinaloa Federation have been fighting for control of Torreon for some time, and members of one or both of those groups were very likely among those involved in the shootout. We can expect to see continual violence in the city as the Zetas and Sinaloa continue to vie for unfettered control of transit routes. Unfortunately for Torreon, its geographic location predisposes it to such violence and increases the psychological impact of “terror,” which STRATFOR has previously addressed.

Indeed, aside from the geographic issue, there is also a notable psychological component to the incident in Torreon. Soccer is by far the most popular sport in Mexico, often used as a means to escape the realities of daily life. In a country where the populace does not often have much reason for optimism — corruption is rampant and violence, often grotesque and public, is commonplace — fans can always cheer for their home team and take pride in their city when victorious. While Torreon is unlikely to stop hosting soccer matches altogether, the psychological impact of the Aug. 20 gunfight is an affront to a cherished pastime. It signifies a permeation of violence into every aspect of Mexican life and robs Torreon’s citizens of a respite from news of prolific violence, making a return to normalcy seem all the more remote.

Moreover, the game was a high-profile event, airing not only in Mexico but also the United States, and a number of fans documented the episode on cameras and phones. (None of the fans actually recorded anything but the sounds of the gunfire. During the live telecast, the game’s announcers discussed what was happening, who was responsible and how to escape.) Such publicity serves as a reminder that while Mexico’s war on drugs directly affects comparatively few — those in cities such as Torreon — the violence it causes can be seen by anyone with an Internet connection.

Stratfor-

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BALACERA AT CORONA STADIUM CAUSING PANIC...

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ORONv4MPM&feature=player_embedded#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4bg5ciIpgI&feature=player_embedded#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eivzjEC521k&feature=player_embedded#!

As a national audience of million watched live on Azetca TV a soccer game in Torreon, a shootout rang out during the game causing panic among the fans in attendance.  The game was played at the Corona Stadium between the local team “Santos Laguna” and the visiting “Monarcas Morelia”

At the 38 minute of the game shots rang out, which on the video it appears the players were the first to react running off the field into the locker room for safety.  Initially the sports announcers were confused by the action.

As would be expected panic  spread through the stadium as fans searched for cover or fled to the exits, as it was unclear if the shots and explosions they heard were within the stadium or outside.  Ironically, after the players fled the field many fans ran onto the field looking for safety.
In the video shots and explosions can be heard for several minutes.  Later it was reported they shootout occurred just outside the stadium and  “elements of the police were injured” .

In the usual uninformative reports from Coahuila’s prosecutors office on the twitter account was posted ; there has been a “confrontation “around the stadium…  (gee thanks)

Former Mexican soccer star, and player of the Santos Jared Borjuetti lamented the shooting and expressed his dismay and regret that such situations occur in Mexico.

Alejandro Irrarragorri, president of the Santos apologized to the Monarcas team and to the fans for what happened at the game.   He encouraged the fans to stay and watch the game or wait until it was safe to leave but fans fled and the game was suspended.......Paz, Buela

Re: Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

 once again a story was mailed to me from the ground, that is how I first heard of what happened.  A person in Saltillo while 2 family members were in Torreon to see the game.  She also said the exits were locked at first, which  why fans took to the field looking for other exits.  At that time exits were opened most likely to avoid fans from being trampled.

I searched on and off for a couple hours to get further info until stories began breaking with pics.  Mostly I was led where to find the best pics on Mexican social networks from Coahuila.

I wrote the story myself and I wonder if it is better to simply post a breaking news line and then maybe follow it up with info if time permits.  Myself I want details.  For those of you that speak enough spanish to follow a conversation, twitter and social networks is much more timely for news, and at times I have gleaned great pics off networks.  Like my Guate posts about the ranch zeta slaughter.

& in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Jeeze...guess we must admit we have our own issues at stadiums.  Possibly more so than Mexico, albeit perhaps stemming from a different source.

First know that there is a vicious rivalry between the SF 49ers and the team across the bay Oakland Raiders..this violence happened yesterday at a pre-season game.  FIghts in the stands, a man shot in the restroom and two shootings outside the stadium.

At a recent Doger game in Los Angeles against the SF giants violence also erupted and a man brutally attacked wearing a giants jersey.  The man is a paramedic and father of two and remains in a coma.

The violence yesterday was determined to be not with the team rivalry but between gangs
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2011/8/20/2375421/candlestick-park-shooting-49ers-raiders

video:
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/2011/08/violence-erupts-at-49ers-vs-raiders-pre-season-game-video/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/21/san-francisco-49ers-shooting_n_932355.html

and this is of the more mild of all the violence incidents at the game.  One fan wore a shirt saying F the opposing team.  that is plain stupid.  I was at the NBA in Boston season before last.  I wore my Laker shirt and people were vocal but not threatening to any of us 8 laker fans.  But inside a jerk had a fuck the celtics shirt and was causing a scene saw us and came over to join in...we shooed him away having no part of it.  later the guy got into with some celtic fans and was hauled off to jail.

gotta be smart.  but in most the cases yesterday it was not about the fans...it was about the gangs.

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

El Nayaloense
Hey Buela,
I thought I would add a little more. The guy in the bathroom was beaten down really bad but not shot. He's still in serious condition. One of the guys was shot in the face. The other guy who was shot, a Raider fan, the one wearing a "F*** the Niners" shirt he was actually shot by another Raider fan. Word is that it the shootings were between Sureños and Norteños. But all throughout the game there were fights everywhere in the stadium. It was pretty bad.

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Thank you for this info!!  I did hear the bathroom guy was not shot, thanks for the correction.  It was horrible, you are right I heard fights broke out all over the stadium.  It usually is gang related and most likely the norteños involved.

 I would not go to a Raider/niner game for nothing.  EVen if I was young, but really the thing about wearing a"f" a team shirt to a game is asking for it.  WHen I was at the game in Boston the guy from LA wearing F the celtics was there to provoke and maybe get on national TV.  he was in the aisle standing shouting shit.  He was a black guy, and if you have not been to Boston Gardens for a celts game...well it is the white sea.  It was strange.  But tough white guys.  They saw our Lakers shirts and the guys in front of us decided to stand the entire game.  I watched the game on the staduim screens, 1200 per ticket to watch the screen.  My son is a big guy, a fire captain, I told him not to say a thing.  I honestly was scared.  and we lost huge to top it all.  and of course got heckled as we left and we left a little early, even when walking down the streets.  jaja...thats ok...look what happened when they returned to LA.....jejejejeje  sweet revenge...I was at the staples center when lakers won a championship and the huge riot ensued.  that was brutal.  mexican press pointed out about US' problems and violence at sporting events when they reported on the Torreon incident.

thanks for adding the info~!

Re: TARGET WAS THE SOCCER GAME-QUICK ACTION BY TORREON STADIUM SAVED LIVES-Natl Audience Watched- Shootout

As it turned out a convoy rode to the stadium and tried to enter but was stopped.  That and stadium doors being locked immediately saved the lives of many...

I just posted the report on the main post...Paz, Buela

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

El Regio
How sad that this fighting in California still continues to this day. All over territory that neither one of the groups even owns! lol pitiful.

Kab

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Kab
I heard about the shootings at the 49ers vs Raiders game from some of my customer, and now I'm hearing that all pre-season 49ers vs Raiders games aren't happening no more.

Amazing how a couple of low life retards can ruin it for everyone =/

But the 49ers won, so hopefully the 49ers will have a decent season this year. =)

Go Niners!

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Cuete
It was a fight between south side locos from 57th St and the homies (Norteños) from UNT and East 15th in East Oakland which is why one raider fan shot another and why the fights on the news look so stupid... niners fans hittin raider fans then another niner fan it was a mess jajajaja the niners fans fighting each other was Norteños from The Mission in Frisco fighting the surenos from the Lower Mission....Fuckin ridiculous thing is the whole stadium was damn near empty and hella fights broke out grown men acting like kids

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Cuete
El Regio wrote
I feel what you are saying and your partially right and the murders and fighting isnt even over money or territory its because these kids go out of their way to drive into the others barrio like they want to be shot down over dumb shit....Im in East Oakland and its getting old quick...However there is a lot of money even in the pinta thats what it is over but all the money in the world would not make me wanna go back to Pelican Bay for the third strike...SO yes neither the eme or us (Nuestra Familia) "owns the Califas" but the fighting wont ever stop on the streets nor the pinta it didnt work with my generation and this younger generation (I call it the crack baby epidemic) mos defiantly will not ever stop fighting....It is pitiful now that I look back on how much we coulda got done and controlled if we worked together

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

El Regio
Cuete wrote
I feel what you are saying and your partially right and the murders and fighting isnt even over money or territory its because these kids go out of their way to drive into the others barrio like they want to be shot down over dumb shit....Im in East Oakland and its getting old quick...However there is a lot of money even in the pinta thats what it is over but all the money in the world would not make me wanna go back to Pelican Bay for the third strike...SO yes neither the eme or us (Nuestra Familia) "owns the Califas" but the fighting wont ever stop on the streets nor the pinta it didnt work with my generation and this younger generation (I call it the crack baby epidemic) mos defiantly will not ever stop fighting....It is pitiful now that I look back on how much we coulda got done and controlled if we worked together
Well that is very unfortunate. Luckily here in Texas all that crap stopped for the most part. You still have a few idiots that are a bit on the retarded side but they keep it at a minimum. California is crap because of all this stupid cholo shit, it always has been and always will be.
I was in the music business here in Houston and I met a few California artists that left Cali and started doing music here in Houston, now they are worldwide!!! They said our own people held them down over there, just because where they were from. Unbelievable!

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

wow...Cuete I just had an epiphany after reading your comments.  I grew up in LBC, can't lie was on the eastside land of ivory snow but spent most my time with familia on "the other side".  That was 6+ decades ago and things were the same as far as gang  terrritory and then color. Same game, better weapons.   Stupidly, gangs killing for "trespass", killing for corners they did not own.  I was in college during  the first LA/LB riots working in So Central 30 hrs a week finding myself smack stuck in the riots.  The end result was "busing" kids into Ivory-Snowville  the eastside.  The theory was to force kids to know each other and blend cultures and live happy ever after. Well that sure didn't work out worth shit.  But if you saw the movie Freedom Writers with Hillary Swank, that is my HS in the movie.  The beginning of the movie tells how brown and black kids were treated at my school.  that was not my experience.  but I grew up with white people and dressed, spoke and acted like them.  I was not plucked from the colonia or barrio and bused to a strange culture.

Back to the epiphany...
I thought the gangs were still fighting the same war for land that neither of them owned.  Territory.  I have been in Mx so long I realize I don't know shit about my home.  If it has a greater financial relevance then the premise isn't much different than MDC, territory and finance.  The kids in the states don't realize there is better and I do not know how that changes I am guilty of acquiescence working with kids in SoCal and thinking..always was and always will be.  I am ashamed of my feelings.  Me, with a bro killed, and nephew in WS Longos with 2 stikes his dad on death row.  WHile my nephew was "in" last time, he earned his masters degree, he is brilliant.  and unemployable. They call him "Danger" I call him Mijo.  and so telling was some files I was going through from the time he spent in YA, and one asshole noted something on Mijo's standarized national tests in which he scored in the top 3% of the nation.  the man who was there with the duty to help change my nephews life wrote on the test results "surprising, had to reverify" then went on on 2 pages saying my mijo was a waste and in essense a lost cause.  I cried for days.

4years ago I was a jury foreperson on a trial of a OC gang member SA 5th St..  2 strikes.  He never looked at us but on the first day I looked at the audience seats and there was one little lady there, no doubt his mother.  She sat looking beyond heartbroken, sitting in total dispair and totally spent.  Long braid, dark skin she was the only one there for him.  I thought, wow there was a time she, against all odds, came to the US in search for a better life of hope and possibilties for her children.  and here she sits waiting to hear if her son has his 3rd strike and imprisioned for life.  That feeling struck me and stayed with me.  I thought, a few different choices by my grandparents,  parents and me and that could be me.  Her story could very well be mine.

here is an old list of cal gangs.  (latino)  it is woefully outdated but if one looks at the list you realize it is such a short list, and then there are the asian and black gangs.  and I wonder, I know SInaloa is in So Cal, but I wonder what effect they have had on the very structure of gangs.  I know in socal they have permeated gangs now working for them.

http://sanpedrocalifornia.blogspot.com/

sorry this is so long, but you stirred up thoughts and feelings of long ago.

Paz...Buela

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Cuete
I cant speak on SoCal I know the surenos there fighting each other and the only time they see a Northerner is in the pinta but they got these "upstate surenos" here in The Bay I dont even thing half of them been to SoCal they only on one street here in Oakland and they aint ever out then they in some other areas around the bay then we used to have Border Brothers who I know worked with CDS they were on 98th and 96th in Deep East Oakland but ever since they aired that Oakland Gang Wars thing on discovery channel they got ran out....The rest of Oakland (North, East and West) is Turf gangs and Norte usually working together only peaceful part of the Town is the Hills....Im on 38th Street (38 Loco) East Oakland been active too long fighting too many cases since i was a youngsta did the CYA thing which I wouldnt ever wish on anyone you got kids addicted to violence because thats all they know because some "man" sends kids to do shit they would never do themselves and thats how they are taught to be a "man"... did many county bullets in Santa Rita and North County...been to hella prisons (San Quentin, Old Folsom, New Folsom, Jamestown, High Desert, Solano, Pelican Bay) just finished a sentence in Pelican Bay on the Level 4 yard and Im done with the shit well atleast Im done putting myself in fucked up predicaments just to have nice shit when you know that shit can disappear once you on that San Quentin bus...but I aint no fool in knowing I been in the hood too long in and out the system everyone knows me I know them and It wont matter if Im 100 years old if the wrong one sees me its a wrap

The shitty thing is the young homies just like the youngstas in SoCal fuck their lives up doin dumb shit gettin on paper tryin so hard to make it to the pinta to become either eme or NF I know I did it then but now although Ill always be down for my hood I let them know the shit they heading in too once they hit the level 3 and 4 yard u may think u a bad ass but you really hoeing up in a way stabbing people some youʻve called homie because the men sitting in the SHU tell u too....and I try an tell em theres a difference between defending the hood and going out and shooting the shit outta another barrio (which aint gonna do u no good when you know they gonna come back n do it to you) I fought a murder case at 17 and I dont care how hard you are when your 17 and all you can think about is whether you should plea or ride it out or strive to get the death penalty for a bigger fuckin area better living hoping you will die before California kills you (which half the time they wont get around to it)...n when I was aquitted I promised myself I wouldnt be stupid n repeat myself (which I sorta did by making money instead of being a terrorist)....See now Im babbling but when you think about shit it dont make sense either...to sum it all up Crack started the shit in Oakland now Crystal and yay is finishing off whats left of Oakland....

As for the other part you were talking about Ive been to Mexico for reasons I can leave to your imagination and as bad as California is it could be another Juarez or Reynosa Mexico if America didnt attempt to do shit to solve the murders and lock kats up like they do...I dunno bout now in Mexico but when I went I didnt worry about being killed and if I did I guess I knew the reason the fucked up thing in the East Bay here is now people are popping  kats in the head because they look at u wrong (even if they squint cause the sun n happen to look at u funny) which when your 20 years older damn  near over dosing on Ramen noodles in a cell u gonna feel like a dumbass for....It may be organized here in the pinta and even in the hood at the top levels but the youngstas here are so fucking outta control its sick banging on each other cause of colors and the block your family just happend to move into when I was active active so to speak it was over money and connections from Mexico (even though in the Bay Area the cartels will deal with both sides as long as the products moving and the moneys comin in)....and as for your Mijo jut cause they end up fucked up in the street life dont mean they aint smart you know? just young and dumb and impressionable around the wrong people to be impressionable around...It sounds so good when your young and the people u tryin to get respect from shoot you in the wrong direction sayin its for the right reasons when it is only doin them some good not you but as you work ur way up if you live thru it you realize its no longer about raza or the neighborhood you from its mostly based on the fucked up agenda the generals get in their heads from sitting in a cell 23 hours a day for decades....but even so I woulda never dropped out or told on my homies under any circumstance what so ever thats how i was brought up and the youngsters today may be wild and reckless but the majority of them end up snitching or dropping out....and as much as I understand now I shouldnt fuck up and I should do right I still keep a pistol on me and a rifle in the car because as they say rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.....

Sorry this is hella long and probably rambling at times hope it made sense jajajajaja....and Ill end it by saying the cartels the gangs whatever u think is gonna get you driving a Rolls Royce wearing a rolex and having all the money you could ever want in the world and although it may in some cases in damn near every case you will die before you get a chance to enjoy the shit you got.....

Arrriba Califa jajajajaja

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Cuete
and to Regio I got familia in Houston and in Laredo but I aint been outta the Califas in so long due to either being on parole and the weird fact that as much pain as The Bay Area has put me in it is my home and when I leave it I start to miss certain things.....Ima keep it real on another note Califas got the weed on lock lmao well NorCal jajajaja canʻt be smokin no bammer weed....but you are right about the situation here being unfortunate infact a homegirl of mine shes older now she got a car club with a lot of older Norte and South Siders in it together which is a site to see without all the gun play but as much as I was brought up on hating it now that I think about it and Im older I realize if we were united weʻd be unstoppable...

And to Buela I almost forgot they should take Fresno Bulldogs off that XIV list (although u did say it was an old list) Fresno Bulldogs (used to be F14) split off from XIV awhile back although they big in Fresno they really aint doin much and I aint sayin that because im a Northerner they aint got no backing in the pinta unless they try an snuggle up to the Eme again which I dont see happening...

and they left off hella other clickas there is so many here in East Oakland alone which as a whole is united as ESO (East Side Oakland) UNT (Untouchables from the 60s), Mitchell Street, 11-500 Locos (Sobrante Park), V23 and E15 (and the rest of the Murder Dubbs Norte), 34th, 38th and 36th Locos to name a few and i know they got Varrio Grande Decoto from Union City but they mostly locked up or dead if not just not active anymore now they got LGD (Little Decoto Gangstas) like I said I could go on but its getting rediculous now new ones pop up and shit some die off some join together its gettin crazy

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Cuete...

I read your post three times. Not because it did not make sense, the opposite it made perfect sense it is riveting and I did not want to miss anything before I reply.

but now I took too long and have to go to the doc for treatment so I will post later comment.

But for now...I know EME is alligned/recruited by Sinaloa, but do you know of any gangs in Cali either SoCal or NoCal that ar with Zetas or LFM or any MDCs?

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

_The Magician_

@Buela Ive never heard of Zetas being here it wouldnt be of any use to them NF wouldnt deal with em because they got a reputation for being reckless and more of a problem then anything plus that would bring so many more agencies on NF it wouldnt be profitable...and as far as im even gonna speak on whos doing what here I know CDS is the main one that is worked with in this area and in Salas (Salinas) because they got their shit together as far as the shit making it where its suppose to get with no problems more business then bullshit so to speak...I know alot of people from Michocan but as much as their known for bringing in crystal they dont here CDS does only time I heard of any LFM in Norcal was when one brought 100 pounds of crystal and had half of it in MSM Ill look for it later dunno how far back it would be on the news online but they handcuffed his hands to his feet and threw him in the water.....

@Magician yeah that documentary was a trip  see how scared they get when they try to be hard for a white dude with a camera in a piece of shit van they just got lucky the homie from Mitchell Street XIV that shot at their ass on camera tuggs the fuck outta the trigger lmao otherwise he woulda been fucked but they ended up gettin the one dude at a Sideshow off of 102 and Macarthur Blvd. then the rest later on the only one i know of that may still be alive is the youngest one but they got ran out by Norte and the black dudes from the 80s and 90s all the v98 and v96 Fastlife border bitches are gone some of them are trying to set up in San Leandro and Hayward but it aint gonna do em no good.... and in the pinta they aint shit in county jail here they PC up only put with other BBs and in the pinta they mostly either claim they just paisas otherwise they are fucked either way they look at it fighting both Northerners and Southsiders aint gonna do u no good anyway

Re: & in the US violence breaks out at 49ers/raiders game- Fans flee in Terror as Natl Audience Watched.. Shootout at Torreon Soccer Game

Cuete
Jajajaja I almost forgot when I was in New Folsom waiting for the bus to take me to Pelican Bay CDC was trying to get hella convicts to apply to go to private prisons or to be shipped off to another prison outta state cause of the over crowding I know at least 5 of the border bitches were the first to sign up for that shit....They were a mess to begin with the first ones to start that shit here in the Town actually were movin hella mean makin money but they arent around no more and the rest of the idiots wernt doin shit they even started to heist taco trucks jajajajaja shooting people for $200 and theres a Wells Fargo down the street SMH