Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

It was through Nabble the host site for this blog that I found those statistics by country H39.I was fooling around with it 1 day and came across it.Now I don't know if being 1 of the Administrators I have more access to stuff or if anyone can.I should go back and play if I can remember where I found it and see what I can find.

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

nabble is not mainpage.  and yes you can see stuff followers can't

you made it in POPULAR POSTS climbing towards 40k.  yesterday we had 115k views on mainpage i can't keep up with comments.  it has become a problem

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

How millennial mobsters are changing the face of organized crime
By PETER EDWARDS STAFF REPORTER
Thu., Aug. 22, 2019
A new generation is reshaping the underworld with its profound sense of entitlement, impatience and computer skills, a noted organized crime writer says.

Millennials are the changing the face of organized crime, Luis Najera said in an interview Wednesday. “They have a different sense of entitlement. They have a different vision.”

Police officers remove a gun from the scene of the shooting of Paolo Caputo, 64, outside his Roncesvalles restaurant.
Police officers remove a gun from the scene of the shooting of Paolo Caputo, 64, outside his Roncesvalles restaurant. (COLE BURSTON / THE CANADIAN PRESS)
Najera, a Mexican investigative journalist who fled to Canada more than a decade ago after his life was threatened for his reporting on drug cartels, made the comments after the daylight killing of a Roncesvalles wine bar owner last week.

Paolo Caputo, 64, was killed in a shooting that police and underworld sources linked to an earlier Toronto murder involving a mostly millennial, multi-ethnic, pan-Canadian gang called The Wolfpack Alliance.

Caputo’s brother, Martino Caputo, was connected to The Wolfpack Alliance and is serving a life sentence as one of four men convicted of first-degree for killing John Raposo, 35, while he was watching Euro Cup soccer on TV on a crowded patio at the Sicilian Sidewalk Café on College St. in 2012.

Article Continued Below

At the trial of the four men, prosecutors said Raposo was killed in a plot to steal his share of a 200-kilogram cocaine shipment.

According to police and underworld sources, the Mexican cartel out of Chicago that fronted the drugs to Raposo, Martino Caputo and the others was never fully paid and had grown frustrated with repeated attempts to collect on the $5-million debt.

Paolo Caputo may have been shot over his proximity to the debt, the sources said.

Just a couple decades ago, an outstanding drug debt might have led to a kidnapping to force a payment but there’s less patience for such tactics now, Najera said.

“They are really impatient,” Najera said. “They don’t have a lot of respect for the rules. You either pay or die.”

In part, that’s because old-school leaders like Canada’s Vito Rizzuto are no longer holding things together, he said.

Rizzuto died suddenly in December 2013, officially of natural causes.

Article Continued Below

“This new generation is growing up without fear” as rigid old criminal structures are being replaced by looser, wider ranging associations like the Wolfpack Alliance, which includes Mafiosi, a Hells Angel and criminals in their 20s and 30s from a wide range of ethnic groups, Najera said.

The new generation’s profound sense of impatience is reflected by rapid change within Mexico’s cocaine cartels, Najera said. There were seven cartels in the country in 2000, but today there are 12 major cartels and 50 smaller ones, he said.

“Every three to five months there’s a new group emerging,” Najera said. “They betray. They split.”

Other unsolved GTA murders the sources connect to millennial mobsters include the July 2018 murders of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso, 33, of Woodbridge and Chantelle Almedia, 26, of Toronto.

Commisso was related to Cosimo (The Quail) Commisso of Siderno, Italy, considered by police there to be an ’Ndrangheta organized crime boss.

A Star investigation found some of his Canadian relatives had clashed with The Wolfpack Alliance.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if more incidents like (the Caputo killing) don’t happen in Canada,” said Najera, who has been awarded the Canadian Journalists for Free Expression International Press Freedom Award. “The new generation is changing everything.”

Peter Edwards is a Toronto-based reporter primarily covering crime. Reach him by email at pedwards@thestar.ca

REPORT AN ERROR

JOURNALISTIC STANDARDS

ABOUT
THE STAR
TOP STORIES, DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX.
NEW NEWSLETTER HEADLINES
SIGN UP
More from News
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/08/22/how-millennial-mobsters-are-changing-the-face-of-organized-crime.html

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

Ciro
 was reading local paper Canadiana the local police(british columvia) and American border patrol. busted some one flying a helicopter from canada to usa to pick up drugs and back to canada. 200 kilos of meth.  Funny thing is they had mexican currency so i would bet cartel related.  Anybody know why they dont fly helicopters across mexican usa border they have been doing that on the canadian usa border since the 90s.  I would post article but dont have time its on vancouversun.com

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

Ciro
 Dont know how to post article so here is link. Also would like to point out that if a website blocks you from reading a article.  open up a tab in secret or private mode this will bypass security implimented by most news related websites. https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/cross-border-drug-bust-near-princeton-involved-helicopter-chase

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

ElGrandeRojo
American Air Space, especially on the southern border is highly regulated, and monitored. They're gonna start looking North allot more. Used to be way back, pot and heroin would come south from canada, money guns, and coke went North. Since Mexico has taken the trade over, and the southern border is so hot, they're using the northern border to traffic both ways. That border is 2-3x as long so harder to monitor. Also big Lakes to ship across.
ElGrandeRojo

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

Tokz
There is a lot more border patrol along the Detroit/Windsor river to stop the flow of drugs.

Re: Suspected Mexican Cartel hit on a Mafia crime family in Toronto Canada over a 'ripped off' cocaine load

Ciro posting a link only is fine in a reply to a post.(Besides you made it on mainboard)! If you notice the headline story at the top has to have a texted story with the link.Since I'm in a reply mode I am going to post a link only regarding how the middle and upper class B.C.(mostly Vancouver) gangs differ from Chicago ones and how the last 10 years have evolved the gangs north of the border.(yes they are splintering too like Mexico's).

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/middle-class-gang-violence-in-bc-breaks-from-history-with-higher-stakes/ar-AAGoppH?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp
12