Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Mexico-Watcher
With respects to the US student demonstrations on the Normalista students massacre that are scheduled for today (11-20-2014) at Mexican Consulates, I  dedicate this thread.

Please post any information (or opinions) that you might have on this topic.
Mexico-Watcher

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

El_Cuatro_Veinte
Ill be there in Los Angeles, Ill post pics later.

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Posting the time would be nice

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

El_Cuatro_Veinte
The Demonstration will be at 6pm if you see me with a red square holla!

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

deelucky1
Take some cuatro 20 then we can hit up alemeda strip after the rally a conosco unas indias that i met in el rodeo

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Walked through it and stood for a few minutes, such a divisive subject for me…it's heartbreaking to watch them and think that maybe nothing really changes, and its equally wrenching to think that they should do nothing…I am glad to see the protests, ultimately, it's frustrating to see people who could never comprehend that kind of reality, as those in Iguala and all over Mex face.

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=388421

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

elcienporcien

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

choco
deelucky1... do you have a link to that photo pls?

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

my link is to the proceso article about the UCLA protest today  here is a foto

http://zetatijuana.com/noticias/generalez/13109/desfile-revolucionario-por-los-43-normalistas-desaparecidos

For some reason they replaced it with the YouTube video. go to any other story scroll down to related news and you will see it but once you click it its not there anymore they updated the story and put the video.

Choco scroll all the way down on this story and there it is
http://zetatijuana.com/noticias/generalez/13097/motociclistas-protestaran-por-ayotzinapa

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Nuttz

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

El_Cuatro_Veinte
You can see my photos here

http://tuer.vsco.co/grid/1

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Mexico-Watcher
Nuttz wrote
I understand the idea of protesting, but not sure why on US soil.  Our president here could fuck up a grilled cheese sandwich.  No disrespect, but there are 99 more important problems the US is worried about.  Do people protesting believe the US government will do something that will help this situation?

Why not protest in Mexico?  The drive to Tijuana from L.A. is an easy 2 hours.

I am one of the fraction of a percent of white Americans who pay attention to the issues across the border.  I support the justice of the deceased, but just trying to understand what the expectation is from .  Sorry in advance, because I am almost certain that this will come off negative to at least 1 person.
My two centavos:  Amigo. We should care about what happens in Mexico.  Why?
Because there are millions of Latinos in the US with various kinds of ties to Mexican gente .... Some of these themselves victims of violence and/or crimes as is reported in Borderland Beat for years.  Worse, some of these Mexican are actual "fugitives" in fear for their lives.  Many Mexicans here suffer from PTSD symptoms.or from secondary mental health "worries" for loved ones in Mexico.  This is a major concern to me for a number of reasons I won't go into here.

Next, many of us Latinos have families, loved ones, friends, and acquaintances in Mexico who we "really" worry about.

Next, Mexico and the USA are economically and culturally "tied-at-the-waist" with each other "whether we like it or not".... So, what happens in Mexico most certainly impacts things in the US in many direct and indirect ways.  The fact the American Mainstream media literally ignores important events in Mexico is, to me, a testament to what I say.... Sort of the 800# gorilla in the room the American MSM insists on ignoring.  Notice how the Ayotzinapa students massacre IS news in many parts of the world?  The silence in the US is deafening!

My friend, I used to have family and friends in Mexico that I used to visit....No more.  I used to love doing tourista things in archaeological or historic sites... No more. I used to love being immersed in the colors, smells, flavors, sounds, and cultural essences of Mejico before the violence and criminal dangers made it way too dangerous to risk visiting.

Another reason, I think we should care deeply about Mexico is that it will force us to see that the US plays an important role in its misery.  For example, the connection between US drug addicts' consumption of illicit drugs by millions of our addicts is mind bogging.  All that money we see in busts represents misery in people.  Just one American addict can wreak havoc on his/her family that is incalculable... ask any family who has lost a loved one to chiva, cristal, coca, or whatever if Mexico is not important.  Ask barrio gangbangers, pintos, or parolees if Mexico is important or not.  Ask a cop, social worker, crack whore or mortician if illicit drugs from Mexico are a problem.  Listen to the lyrics of narco-corridos and tell me Mexico is not important to Americans.

Anyway, to me, Mexico is on fire and the embers of this fire are most certainly landing all over the USA....  Will these embers set fires that burn out of control here.  Who knows, but I smell smoke here and there.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Nuttz

Re: Student Demonstrations at Mexican Consulates?

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Nuttz wrote
Mexico-watcher,
Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I agree people Americans should care, but look at the shit that occurred here yesterday.  It's remind me how every day, week and month it is national "fill in the blank" day here in the US.  It's information overload and stories like this in Mexico can't fit into the headlines.

Again, thank for the response!
De nada.

Point well taken.  Yes, "Information overload" with the so-called "news" items selected by entities whose inner workings are mysterious to outsiders.  What "news" is selected to be "fed" to the masses is decided by people controlled by set criteria, scripts, points of view, and even agendas; from this, a "news" product  is crafted and packaged for your consumption.

Case in point, I once knew a Chicano T.V. reporter in Phoenix who gave me inside information on how "news" stories are crafted and end up on the 6 O'clock news. I learned of blatant censorship of news items (they don't call it that , of course) and filled the time with the rescue of a kitten in a tree type stories.  As you can tell, I am frustrated and even cynical about things "fed" to me by any conventional "news" sources.

Having read George Orwell's novel, 1984   I can see how far ahead of his time this genius was....Especially with his description of the Ministry of Truth and its "doublespeak" concept where, to me, the control of language such as in political correctness (PC) is eerily suggestive in our own times.

I've said it before,  "Thank God for the internet" and web sites like Borderland Beat MB and its Forum.  Of course the WWW has many faults, so one must be careful in selecting out what is true from the false.  I have my own BS detector that I am sure fails me sometimes.  But, at least, "I" feel that I have some control.... nothing is perfect.

 Amigo, trust me, what is NOT on the news should concern you very much!  Like in medicine, what we don't know can kill us.

So, in closing, Mexico has been producing mountains of newsworthy events for years.  Strange how so little of this is ever shared with Americans.  Why is that? "Ignorance is Power".

Hasta luego, my friend.

Mexico-Watcher

12