Stratfor dissecting Mexican cartel bombing in Monterrey

Stratfor dissecting Mexican cartel bombing in Monterrey

Havana

Re: Stratfor dissecting Mexican cartel bombing in Monterrey

JesusTheMoose
Got to love Stratfor; it takes them forever to tell you something simple. Damn former intel officers, lol. Something worries me about the Zeta's alleged possesion of C-4. Yes, they could be devolping EIDs and VBIEDs to harrass the Mexican authorities but they can also use bombs as new props for extortion. Such as, "leave us alone or we'll blow this up", or any other variety of the same kind of extortion. The good thing is that the application of C-4 takes a good deal of training, Ive heard (don't have any experience with that stuff but I have a friend that was a demolition expert in the Marines).

First, I would want to know how the Zetas came into possesion of the C-4. Did they specifically seek the stuff out or did they acquire it out of mere opportunity? Did they acquire this from military contacts or contacts in the expansive mexican mining industry or from a construction firm? From my perspective, the Zeta's possesion of C-4 'ups the ante' and they become an even more emergent threat and mexican forces should dedicate even more time and resources to destroy the Zetas.
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin