Still want to Legalize Heroin?

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

Siskiyou_Kid
Methadone has proved a complete failure at solving heroin addiction problems. It is a toxic drug tied to many overdoses and it's far more difficult to detox from than heroin.

Many users of methadone also use polydrug combos to get high, especially benzodiazapines, and many enter methadone maintenance programs so heroin will have it's old rush.

It's a complex problem, but legal heroin could and would diminish the profitability of street sales and lessen societal harms, especially if it were combined with counseling. Most addicts would like to work toward employment and family issues, but they are too consumed with finding their next fix.  Why on earth would these people pay money to inject black tar, if strong doses of pharmaceutical heroin were readily available in a medical setting?

I'm not saying legalizing heroin would cure the problem of addiction, I'm saying it's one more step toward a multi-pronged approach to harm reduction.

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

ThinkTank

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

katattx
You really have no clue about addiction.

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

ThinkTank

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

Siskiyou_Kid
You want "to reduce the possibility that anyone would ever see a drug like heroin in their lifetimes"?

You had better send them on trip to Mars, and even then I bet there would be one other passenger that would pull a stash out an orifice.

Seriously, humans have been trying to get high since they separated from other primates and became self aware.

Most low and mid-level dealers are users, so basically the best answer for them is court ordered detox, while large volume distributors and importers already face RICO sentences and civil forfeiture of everything they own.

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

katattx
You're right Sisk. Most small time dealers start dealing so they can supply their own habit. That's true for most drugs, in most cases.

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

ThinkTank

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

La Flama Blanca
This post was updated on .
In areas of high H usage, first responsers and paramedics already have and administer naloxone to kick someone out of an OD.  But I agree this is forward thinking for this cop, his community must be mostly white older people whose "good-ole day" neighborhoods are starting to "decline" with drug use and minorities moving in and populating the area more and more.  The opposite of gentrification, I cant think of the word right now, lol.

On a side note, I see Chivis must have set ya straight, with your "nothing is grey" nonsense, lol.  Im glad to finally  see you not arguing/debating anyone and everyone challenging your viewpoints.  It was like debating religion/politics with you, it would have never ended.  And you know what i'm talking about.

Re: Still want to Legalize Heroin?

Mexico-Watcher
Thinktank: Thanks for recommending the article on how heroin works..

Mexico-Watcher
12345