Son of "El Señor de los Cielos" sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison

Son of "El Señor de los Cielos" sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison

stevectpa
http://www.proceso.com.mx/449732/imponen-siete-anos-carcel-al-hijo-senor-los-cielos

August 3, 2016

MEXICO CITY (approved) .- A federal judge sentenced to seven years and six months in prison Vicente Carrillo Leyva, son of Amado Carrillo Fuentes, the late leader of the Juarez Cartel nicknamed "El Señor de los Cielos" .

The judge of the First Criminal Court Unit, Luis Perez de la Fuente, confirmed in all terms the first instance judgment issued last December by the fourteenth district judge in Federal Criminal Proceedings, Ruben Dario Noguer.

Vicente Carrillo will remain detained until 2018, said the newspaper  Reforma , because the judicial authorities decided to enforce the sentence since 2011, when PGR investigated him for money laundering, despite having been arrested in 2009. The capo was convicted washing 1,930,357 pesos in bank deposits.

Re: Son of "El Señor de los Cielos" sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison

Mica
Where is he imprisoned?

I have always wondered about him.  Does anyone have a bio or profile?  I remember he got caught exercising in a fancy neighborhood in Mexico City.  His arrest photo made him seem nerdy and this was really the only other photo that I have seen of him.

Re: Son of "El Señor de los Cielos" sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison

These are interesting cases, as you see the kind of bizarre and hopelessly corrupted Mexican justice system, but they offer insight into what may become of the dozens, if not hundreds, of imprisoned top to mid tier guys in the system.  Mostly it's about money and influence.  I think 'Ingeniero' and his family lawyers kept on this case, until they beat it into a manageable place.

Now, will he come out and reign over the Juarez Cartel?  I don't know, I think it's fairly unlikely.  But, he will be out.  Now, you have guys like Muletas, Teo, etc etc, who were arrested too quickly to get an indictment in the US against, but I have little doubt they will end up eventually getting 100 year sentences.  Or similar.  I think their influence and money, relatively minor to begin with, just evaporates.

So, someone like Inge (De Tijuana) could easily be walking out in 10 or 15 years, if his family keeps applying the money and pressure.

Re: Son of "El Señor de los Cielos" sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison

stevectpa
@Mica

another story said he was being held in the Penal de Occidente “Puente Grande”, en Jalisco. He's 40 yrs old, but doesn't look it.