Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Bjeff
...and the rest of the world. No surprise I guess?

Source (Bigger map):
http://vinepair.com/features/external/beer-world-map-3000-full-web.jpg

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Siskiyou_Kid
I bunch of the hipsters I know drink Tecate, which was enormously popular with Mexicans when I was growing up, and is still very popular in Western Mexico.

I've never been able to drink Tecate. It is like a Mexican version of Bud in my opinion.

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Bjeff
And what is your favorite, Sisk?

This is mine:
http://www.erdinger.de/en/erdinger-weissbier-products/beer/pikantuy.html

Btw, this is an interesting article on how Mexican microbreweries are taking on the big ones:
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/mexican-microbreweries-confront-beer-giants-2014822104118658132.html

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Bajadrone-2

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

I have been ridiculed since college for drinking Heineken.

When visiting guests bring a half rack, I'm never sure if they're making fun of me or not, because I live in an area with soooooo many fantastic microbreweries.

When I visit Mexico I like Bohemia dark.

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

1966tinman
Growing up in both the U.S. and Mexico I would say gave me a chance to try a wide variety of cervezas . In Mexico drinking Carta Blanca , Modelo , Superior , and Dos Xs was common at most parties and at gatherings on street corners in the northern states and the border areas  .  Here, in the U.S. , I would attend parties where kegs were usually the norm and Budweiser was king . I remember living in Houston in the late 80's and early nineties and buying six packs and quarts of Miller , Schiltz , and Stroh's beer .

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

El"H"
Corona as gay as that is

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

LadyDragon

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

eljalisquillo
Corona, Bohemia, Victoria and Dos Equis Amber

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Pepe

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

easier to see

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Since Pepe has crowned me the biggest lush in the universe, (?)

and since I have lived in more than a dozen countries in the world I can generalize a bit.

Best beer in the world  MEXICO

The worse beers in the world  ASIA except Japan and Vietnam, but sometimes beer is easier to find than bottle water so we have tasted a range.  YUKKKKKKKKKKKKK

and no it is not what one is used to, shitty beer is shitty beer, many Asian countries nationalize beer production, so there is little competition.  With china's Tsingtao or "Taiwan Beer"  (yup that is the name)
around there is no need for Ipecac.  Hospitals and medical offices should just have a bottle of beer to do the trick.  Most people say the beers have a chemical taste.  prob because they use mixers universally for all products, fertilizer to food.

in 2003 or so Taiwan opened the beer trade a bit.  Vietnam has excellent beer.  Hanoi beer is our American gang's fave.

Singapore has some great beer, they were the first Asian country to have a huge market of microbreweries.  Feedback I get there is a brew to please any taste.  Plus Singapore is the cleanest country I have ever been in, (I lived in KL Malaysia across the water way)  in Singapore you can drink tap water, awesome country, my fave to visit.

Australia favorite is coopers.  although I dumped my first bottle because I saw "stuff" in it.  Then someone explained the sediment is suppose to be there

As for US beers, I don't really know, I never tried many because we can be so selective.  In Mexico I always order Tecate light in a bottle, but it is becoming difficult to find the light in a bottle only in a can which I hate canned beer.  YUKKKKKKKKKKKK  so I will switch to one of the others or just reg tecate.

Best beer I ever drank was from a micro brewery owned by two fire captains, but then again maybe it was because my son is one of the fire captain brew masters and I may be a little prejudice.

There proof Pepe is right although 1 beer is my usual limit unless I feel wild and I will have a second.

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Pepe

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

Moros

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

jajaja  I had to tease you about it.

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

S.Y.F

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

That's more like it.

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

BERTY
The best beer in the world is Newcastle brown ale or broon dog, 6 bottles and your comatose lol
The more I see the less I understand

Re: Something else: Most popular beer in Mexico

_Jack