Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

buggs
Administrator
E-mail from Ghost

Well, theres a word that, CDG and Z clashed in the Buena Vista 2 days ago leaving more than 30 dead (witnesses who heard cattle in the area told us, we believe them because we known them from always and we know they dont lie),this is in Los Aldamas N.L Area, though it hasnt been passed to any news paper agency, many people from the area who live there because they own ranches, informed us not to go, that there was alot of movement from both groups.

One of the ranchers even told us, that he was forced out of his ranch, because one of the groups (not sure whichone, he didnt specify) was lodging in his ranch, by force. More than 30 trucks have been rumored to be in the area, not even two weeks ago Los Herreras N.L was struck by one of the groups, killing 3 officers, and The whole Police force from Cerralvo N.L resigned next day, for fear of the groups.

In the China and General Bravo Area, similar things are happening, many people who live in the area have witnessed it, and no authorities are present, really i guess many of this stuff is not been covered by media, for fears or already been threat by the groups, but the people arent staying quiet....

This is believed to be the war been waged by the CDG and Z, in the North Eastern part of Nuevo Leon State.

Ghost
Borderland Beat

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Zorro
Hello - can you confirm anything about ranches north of Laredo being taken over by Zetas on the 23rd of July?

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

WORRIED CITIZEN
This place seems so close all thats going on is just to close to home. I went to Acuna an alot of people there have no idea whats going on whats being said is this normal reaction? If so why OMG I'm so worried about family an friends I keep saying we have nothing to do with them the cartel we should be ok, but the truth is were not are we......? There, here any where it's just all gotten so out of hand.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Anonymous
There are lots of shootouts happening in the Miguel Aleman, Tamaulipas area. There is word that the cartels are in the outskirts of town, keeping the zetas from coming back in and taking over the town. A friends father that has a wrecker service  and his workers were kidnapped and are probably dead. Many similar incidents are occurring on a daily basis. This is a horrible way to try to live.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

buggs
None of the information were able to be confirmed. Some of the information was denied by authorities, it appeares to be a hoax, why it was not published on BB, but I posted here the info to get more feedback from the ground.
Borderland Beat

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

concerned about the drive from TX through MX
What is the safest crossing from Texas into Mexico with the recent increase in violence around NL? I've heard the road from the Colombia Solidarity Bridge is not safe and there was a recent US warning. I know there have been recent gun battles near the international bridges in NL too. There has also been increased activity in Monterrey and the NL crossing would take us that route. Is Eagle Pass safer through Saltillo? What about crossings further south? Those crossings would take us by Ciudad Victoria and there was a Canadian warning on that highway. The interrior route would take us near Mexico City and San Louis Potosi.

Are there certain types of vehicle or colors that are targeted for carjackings or are they that picky? How worried should I be if we drive a desired vehicle during the day and stay on the toll roads?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

ovemex
Things are not as horrific as they sound, but there is no reason to take chances either: Things can change on a daily, sometimes hourly basis in the border states)

I would suggest the new Anzaldua international bridge (Mission, Texas crossing). It'll keep you out of the heart of Reynosa and connect you directly to the pay road to Monterrey and beyond. (I don't know what your final destination is)

Travel by day (between 9 and 6 p.m.)

Gas up, etc before you cross

As for carjackings, trucks and SUV seem to be the preferred target.

These are just cautionary suggestions, I know alot of people who travel back and forth between NL and Tamps, sometimes daily basis, in trucks, SUV, etc and they have never had any problem.

Ayo

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Ayo
If you're going to go as far as Mission, might as well just cross through Progreso. Thats the safest city out of the eastern Texas/Mexican border.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Ariel
You cannot travel through nuevo progreso right now.  With the recent floods the main road of Benito Juarez that connects Nuevo Progreso to the autopista (pay highway) has a large section under water.  I live in the area and the residents their have no way out of the town.  I would suggest going through Mission.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Rick Michaels
Can anyone tell me if it is safe to cross Bridge 1 in Nuevo Laredo?  I have a girlfried that I meet at the La Mina Bar on Guerrero street but she can't give me any information.

the drive through coahuila......

montse
I recently traveled to a wedding in Piedras Negras.  Though I have traveled there from Houston all my life, since my grandmother passed away, in '08, I have had serious anxiety about returning to visit the Eagle Pass area.  Simply because she's not there anymore, no other reason.  That's not like me, I love my family which I have on both sides of the border, but it was just too difficult for me.   With the exception of my mother and father and their children, who settled here since '71, my entire family lives there.  Anyway, the point is that we all traveled to the wedding, not a big deal, we'd been looking forward to it for months.  Come to find out the ones who live nearest chose not to go because of the violence!!   They warned us, and tried to convince us not to go.  Insisting, that it was our choice if we wanted to take risks, but as for them they were staying put.  Unbelievable, I thought!  Never in my life did I imagine something like that.  How can this be happening? Against there well-intended wishes, we were determined to support the family.  This was my mom's closest sister whose daughter was getting married and I was also the photographer, they were counting on me.  There was no way I could miss my dear cousin's wedding.
I said my prayers and put my life in God's hands.  Talk about risky?  I'm a single mom and I traveled alone with my 3 kids in a fairly nice SUV, we were dressed for a special occasion and I was literally carrying about $8,000 worth of camera and computer equipment and I suddenly began to fear the obvious.  And with much reason, I was extremely shocked to see how desolate the town has become.  No-one on the bridge that day, I got a straight shot through, when does that happen?  The streets were quiet and abandoned, businesses shut down, in part because of the recession, I'm sure, but the violence and the threats they are real, they are present - even there.  It was so sad, little was as I remembered and it's only been a couple of years, my God!  Some in my family are affluent and high profile, I admit I underestimated the danger, as we drove up to the reception hall after the religious ceremony I couldn't help notice how guarded the parking lot was, not military-like but yes, keenly watched by many hired security guards.  Half of the guests they expected did not attend, I suspect due to fear of leaving their homes like the others.  Anyway, everyone was having a good time and I was at ease.  The party was over at 4 a.m. and at that time I left to return to E.P. where I had accommodations with a relative.  My parents had offered to take my kids earlier in the night but they stayed behind with me.  Before we left, my uncle asked me to be very cautious, to drive speedily and avoid any stops if I could help it.  Of course, i forgot that the bridge I most commonly crossed through closes at midnight or something like that and to make matters worse, I got a little lost finding my way to the new international bridge which remains open 24/7.  I found myself driving through very dark areas, not a body in sight, to save me if something happened. ¡Ay Dios! I thought I was going to have a heart attack my heart was pounding so hard and rapidly.  I finally found el Puente II, though I had a good idea where I was going, I was just so nervous I kept taking wrong turns.  I was so grateful when I found it and finally made it home.  The next day I returned to Houston, I felt like I'd woken up from a nightmare, that's what it felt like to live in such fear just for a weekend, I can't imagine how the citizens are coping.  That was my experience, to give you an idea.  An E.P. police officer I know said to me, when I asked "so how bad are things, really?" "Nada pasa aqui, nada pasa" entre comillas.  In other words, "nothing happens here, nothing happens here" (wink,wink)  Also, a neighbor here in Houston is from Saltillo, he travels there often and he said it's pretty bad.  He also said to me that if he had known I was going, just me and my kids, he would have talked me out of it.  Well, thanks to God it's behind me, as for the rest of our people, all we can do is pray.

Re: the drive through coahuila......

Abuela Chivis
It sure has changed...verdad?
I would NOT drive the drive to Saltillo or Monterrey any longer I fly from Houston.  Up until 18 months ago I drove.

If I did drive I would not drive in a newer SUV or Truck or even a van.

I was driving a 1 yr old surburban last trip and was pulled over by men in uniforms at a temporary check point.  One stop tore my car apart, found nothing but educational supplies and ask for "money for "a fine" for speeding.  of course I was not and am always careful.  7 times I was pulled over so that was my last trip.,  You can fly into Saltillo to their little airport, it is efficent and have car rentals at the airport.  I love Saltillo & Monterrey and mis the nice dirve thru Torreon, Monclova and other places.

Re: the drive through coahuila......

curioso
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience
dk

Re: the drive through coahuila......

dk
You must be very lucky or have excellent tunnel vision?

Well, \^^/, I'm sorry you don't agree.  If you are cognizant of the trends it is not a secret that the z's are desperate and they will soon be rivaling for that beautiful land we know is a coveted 'plaza' that is beneficial to CDG and Sinaloa or Juarez.  As they gain power over the Z they are going to force them out from either direction.  Piedras/E.P. border is not as heavily monitored and so it is in their best interest.  Sooner or later, if this phenomena of crime isn't stopped it will be our destiny, it will be tragic but it is evident in some recent activity and can't possibly be so  far-fetched.  My huge family has roots going back generations.  They are occupied in many different areas on both sides of the border and know many people.  I'm not making things up nor are they.  I know what I know, some stories are even posted here and blogdelnarco.com and countless ones are protected by the media.  I am nevertheless, glad that you are so confident in your safety.  I do wish this was a dream and it wasn't really happening....but look what is happening, all around, are you kidding?  Valle, Monterry, Acapulco, Tampico, Cuernavaca, Pachuca, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Durango, Merida, Queretaro, Torreon, Cd. Victoria, Panuco?  Please, places that some hardly knew were on the map have fallen victim to the bloodshed, some of these were retreats flourishing with beauty and culture what could make Piedras any different?  A bordertown?  As long as those monsters are out there, we cannot predict.

Re: the drive through coahuila......

curioso
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: the drive through coahuila......

Abuela Chivis
If it can happen in Monterrey it can happen anywhere.  Remember that Acuña and PN & Matamoros are the 3 remaining border towns controlled by Zs.  Do you recall the short burst of conflict a couple months back?  PN and Acuña both...building burned, commander killed his body left w/narcomessage, etc.A family of candy distributors for Torreon, had huge warehouses (30K sq ft) burned to the ground, and their home also burned, supposedly he is Z.  & he runs extortions.  All I know is I never liked the guy from the day I met him, a creepy dude.  He has dissapeared and folklore says his daughter was kidnapped in the surge but I cannot confirm that.  Hell it took 3 days before the print news in the area even ran a story of the commander's murder.  The flyers that were left on vehicles announced the pending arrival to rid the city of vermin.  Citizens were warned to stay in doors do not wear black etc.  It was scary, but then things returned to the "normal" Zeta control.

However, the 3 cities are in great contention and there will be ugly violence I predict until Zs lose those corridors, I am thinking soon...within 6 months.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Universal Soldier
this seems true, lately there has been alot of activity in that area of Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas, the area most affected is the Cerralvo,Los Aldamas N.L, Los Herrera N.L, General Trevino N.L area along with Mier, Miguel Aleman, Camargo Tamulipas area.

(Mexican Marines have placed a base of operation in Los Herrera, Since its in the middle of Cerralvo, Los Aldama, Los Ramones, China, a very precise strategic town)

Many shootouts with soldiers have occuered their, i give this person credit for what he discribed in his post.

Ive also heard rumors that in Los Ramones, Nuevo Leon, County (Municipios in Spanish)and its smaller towns in that area  theres a high concentration of Zeta hideouts. Thats one place where it hasnt been really hit by any shootout. Communities in Los Ramones N.L like Los Angeles, El Peine, Pueblo de Oriente and other nearby towns, are known to have hideouts or safe heavens for fleeing gunmen.
(I hope Mexican Marines Start an operation in that area specially in the mountain "Papagayos")

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

Universal Soldier
Why do you think its a Hoax what that dude said? Authorities not confirming it? Well its easy, things that go down in outskirts or solitary towns out in the middle of no where, reporters arent there to cover it. Plus those Zones mentioned on that note provided by ghost, many of the pueblitos down their are desserted, and only people who work in that area in ranching know the truth.

Anyone who lives in the Rio Grande Valley, who has family members living in that area or pueblitos should give vital info on how things are going down there.

Just saying buggs, dont believe the authorities, its sometimes best for people not to know the truth.

but we still have some brave who share it.

Re: Some info coming from the NL Tamps Region

anonymous
I want to come to Monterrey and have a surgery done. The doctor has a service to pick me up at the airport take me to  his office then they get me back the following day. With these precautions I should be fine right? It sucks Mexico usued to be one my favorite places to be exspecialy Ixtapa, Cancun etc now its ruined for the time being.
12