Smugglers in Texas using "Cloned" vehicles to move drugs

Smugglers in Texas using "Cloned" vehicles to move drugs

AztecWarrior13

VICTORIA COUNTY, Texas -- Texas law enforcement agencies report drug smugglers have resorted to "cloning" company and government vehicles to try to avoid detection and protect their illegal cargo.
Images: Cloned Vehicles
"It's making our job a lot harder," said Michael O'Connor, Victoria County sheriff. "We're up against a matrix of deceptive transportation."
O'Connor said his officers have undergone additional training on how to spot the nearly perfect look-alikes.
Photographs provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety show 18-wheelers with duplicate logos of major companies, crammed with bales of marijuana.
Others closely resemble government vehicles, even a school bus that had marijuana bales set up inside so they looked like passenger seats.
Another shows a truck with a Texas Department of Transportation logo spotted in Gonzales County, except it was stuffed with marijuana.
"At one time, you could say there was a certain type of vehicle used. Now, it's everything, everything imaginable," O'Connor said.
He said some have "window-dressing" such as oilfield equipment or soldiers in uniform and a patient in the back of an ambulance, but they were all imposters.

Source:http://www.ksat.com/news/29608456/detail.html

Re: Smugglers in Texas using "Cloned" vehicles to move drugs

Havana
Pretty clever just like the ambulances. Narcos will have to now invest in some new blow-up doll school children (sick) to fill the empty seats because empty school buses will now be deemed suspicious, no?

Re: Smugglers in Texas using "Cloned" vehicles to move drugs

JesusTheMoose
This cloned vehicle business comes up again. Around 2006 they masterfully cloned Wal-Mart trailers except for the height of the back bumper.

Jack, question, is there any truth to the tale that traffickers gutted young children and filled their body cavity with contraband and tried to pass them as sleeping children?
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Smugglers in Texas using "Cloned" vehicles to move drugs

curioso
The first that comes to mind for me when I read this is the Cheech & Chong movie where they cross the border in the truck made out of pot.
That's some funny shit!
As Buela always says...........just my dos centavos.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience