Six cartels in Chiapas

leChef
The Sinaloa Cartel, Beltrán Leyva, Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel, San Juan Chamula and Los Zetas maintain a presence within different areas of Chiapas, in which their coverage grows through gangs such as Mara Salvatrucha 13, Barrio 18 and five other subgroups.

The circulating newspaper detailed that it accessed a federal government intelligence report that details the sector presence of each of the 6 posters mentioned.

Sinaloa and Jalisco Nueva Generación maintain a presence and a dispute over the control of municipalities near the Pacific coast and on the border with Guatemala.

Gilberto Zavala Páramo “Don Gil” is mentioned by the Sinaloa Cartel and José Inés Landero Barrero “El Apestoso” by Jalisco Nuevo Generación, who remain in dispute for control of the Arriaga, Tonalá, Cintalapa, Pijijiapan, Mapastepec, Acapetahua, Villa Comaltitlán, Mazatán, Tapachula, Ciudad Hidalgo, Frontera Comalapa, Motozintla, Siltepec and Ángel Albino Corzo.

According to this information, “Don Gil” has the backing of Faustino Damián Castro “El Patrón”, one of the lieutenants in charge of illicit operations in Huehuetán, Mazatán, Acapetahua, Suchiate, Frontera Hidalgo and Tapachula.

Los Zetas dominate the Metropolitan Area and its surroundings, while Los Beltrán Leyva, del Golfo and San Juan Chamula are scattered in 15 regions where they keep the state divided for its illegal activities.

Said information indicates that Los Zetas are headed by Adán Juárez Gómez “El Pelón”, who dominates the metropolitan region, Mezcalapa, Norte, Soconusco and Selva Lacandona, that is, their coverage involves mayors of Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapa de Corzo, Berriozábal , Comitán de Domínguez, Las Margaritas Palenque and Ocosingo.

The Beltran Leyvas are controlled by Marco Antonio Zetina Ricardez "El Zetina", in the municipality of Palenque, adjacent to Tabasco, considered one of the passage routes for migrants to the United States.

"El Caracol" is the name of the leader who controls the San Juan Chamula Cartel, who operates in the community of the same name.

The Gulf Cartel operates in border areas of Veracruz and Tabasco.

Source:
https://www.chiapasparalelo.com/noticias/chiapas/2020/06/documento-de-inteligencia-revela-presencia-de-6-carteles-en-chiapas/

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

El_Bujo
LOL @ “El Apestoso”

Next to La Fea Betty, this has to be one of the most ridiculously hilarious names.

I guess despite things getting worse, to say the least, the nicknames sure do get better...

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

Anon
El “Whinny Poo” was the weirdest nickname.
MX

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

MX
Yeah, Winnie Pooh and El Erotico (The Erotic One) for my two favorites.

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

Sky98
 Chocotorro or El Colchón are somewhat interesting nicknames.

Do you know what B / I El Erótico was in?

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

And "El Estupido' from Mexico City!

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

Have you seen pictures of Winnie the pooh though? The nickname suited him for sure

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

MaxiMillian2k19

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

Cuidado
El Brad Pitt was a good one.
MX

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

MX
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/06/six-drug-cartels-operate-in-chiapas.html

Thank you for the translation, leChef. I used the original source from El Universal, which included more info on the paramilitary and "subversive" groups in Chiapas. You are in the credit line at the top of the article. Cheers.

Re: Six cartels in Chiapas

leChef
Thank you, MX. I wish we had a current situation map for all of Mexico, but it seems authorities are better at giving an accurate picture now than previously.