Sinaloa Cartel members accused of conspiring to kill Honduran President

Sinaloa Cartel members accused of conspiring to kill Honduran President

Anasazi
https://www.debate.com.mx/mexico/Caen-dos-miembros-del-Cartel-de-Sinaloa-en-Honduras-20170319-0172.html

Two Sinaloa Cartel members fall in Honduras

The accused will face a sentence of 15 to 20 years imprisonment for illicit association and 2 to 6 years for conspiracy

Tegucigalpa, Honduras - Today two Mexicans and three Hondurans were condemned by the Court of Sentencing, for conspiring to take the life of President Juan Orlando Hernandez.

The people involved are identified as Victor N, aka el Lencho; Hector Antonio, alias El Frontera, and Jose Javier, aka el Diablo, who were already tried with hard evidence against them, and were sentenced for the crimes of illicit association and conspiracy.

The captured Mexicans were identified as Jesus N, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy; Karla N and Everardo N were acquitted of crimes.

Planning

One of the strong pieces of evidence against the accused were phone calls they made, where they planned the attack on the Honduran president.

In one call we hear e, Lencho saying: "Mr. Valle hired me and sent me three Mexicans from Sinaloa to fulfill the mission of killing Mr. President."

The Mexicans he referred to by el Lencho "are part of the Sinaloa Cartel" and referred to Jesus N and Everardo N.

Infiltrate

One of those involved in the plot to assassinate the Honduran president was collaborating with agents of the DEA, who was el Lencho.

Victor, alias Lencho, was aware that he was wanted by the US government, so he decided to cooperate in informing them about the plans of the drug cartel, as well as the planned assassination of the president of Honduras.

Thanks to the infiltrator, they managed to capture the Mexicans and their accomplices to avoid such a tragedy.

All those detained in the event were sent to a maximum security detention center where they will remain in individual cells.

Before the trial that took place today, they pleaded guilty to conspiracy and illicit association to VĂ­ctor "Lencho", Hector "Frontera" and Jose Javier "Diablo".

And culminated the liberation of Karla N and the Mexican Everardo N.

With information from La Prensa

Re: Sinaloa Cartel members accused of conspiring to kill Honduran President

OMG.I'm sure Presidente will make sure Sinaloa will not move goods through his country again.He will  go after them with a vengeance.