Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13..Why are rehabs targeted?

Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13..Why are rehabs targeted?

 How ironic is it that when the Poet Javier Sicilia rolled his caravan of peace into Torreon that another slaughter would commence?  Or was it ironic?  Perhaps planned?  I am waiting to exhale because of the brutality that may occur during these marches.  I have added a video of the poet in Coahuila where he toured Torreon and Saltillo with Bishop Raul Vega.  Coahuila is heating up with violence.  People are admitting being fearful of travel on hwy's and visiting certain cities.  The massive find of weapons last week, and the Narcotank discovered this week on a ranch between Monclova and Piedras Negras did
nothing to eleviate those fears.  Saltillo has had a steady onslaught of violence since Humberto left his Governorship in favor of the PRI National Presidency.  While he was partying at his celebration party the violence began.  Read the Torreon story below. photo at right..woman moved to tears while holding her peace sig, as she spots the peace caravan rolling into Saltillo..  below the poet in coahuila.

and  from INSIGHT of why cartels target drug rehabs..http://insightcrime.org/insight-latest-news/item/1056-no-exit-why-mexicos-drug-gangs-target-rehab-clinics

On a seemingly quiet day in the city of Torreon, it has become the bloodiest episode so far this 2011.
The incident occurred around 17:45 pm when, to the gates of Centre BC Victoria, in the center of Torreon, was a convoy of five trucks in which hooded and heavily armed subjects who exited the vehicles and entered the premises while opening fire.

The rapid entry into the rehab gave no time for the young people to escape killing at least 13.
Chaos ensued within minutes as terror overtook the rehabilitation center and neighborhood.
 According to the first eyewitness, the gunmen allegedly carried out the operation in minutes after which,  they had fled in an unknown direction.

 The witnessesreported emergency help was accessed immediately and response was within minutes by the municipal police and military.

 This is the fourth slaughter occurred in Torreon in the past 16 months, leaving a total of 48 killed.  The revious attacks were at; El Ferrie Bar, La Juanas Bar, Italian Inn..

Link to another rehab story

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_18229676

VIDEO OF SICILIA IN COAHUILA

http://www.zocalo.com.mx/seccion/articulo/video-llega-caravana-por-la-paz-a-saltillo/

Re: Silicia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13

El Regio
lol ironic.

Perhaps Silicia should do something useful. Rather than parade around in a bunch of useless marches they should begin to enact real change in their country. He should try supporting his President/Government and use his influence to get people to help out as well. They must fight this together as a country, not divided.

Re: Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13

Here is my POV...

I do not hate Calderon.  Nor do I think he is a bad person nor mal-intended. But he does not care about the poor and suffering in Mx, and there are those that surround him that are very bad people.  That aside...Sicilia's words and direction were misinterpreted.  WHy I liked him and was hopeful, is that he stated no that Calderon was bad but his plan is horrible.  and that he refuses to aler a losing plan of action.

I could not agree more.

That said, as often happens with peace movements they wander to pastures of unicorns.  To la-la land of peace, love and no war.  If Calderon would completely stop his fight the fight between cartels would continue unabated.

Calderon is a jerk.  Notice how quickly he called for a meeting with Silicia but would not make time for Marisela Escobedo?  The "why" is glaring.

I think Sicilia is going in a different direction than I was hoping for, but it has only been apx 2 mos so it is young.  I was thinking of organizing a march on DC to create awareness of the violence in Mx.  It is not dificult to do and I have some good connections, but I have to see that I am on the same page of Sicilia.

Re: Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13

Frontera
Buela "I was thinking of organizing a march on DC to create awareness of the violence in Mx."

Now that is a thought to be expanded upon and implemented!!

INTERVIEW-W/ Sicilia "US IS KILLING US"- Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13..Why are rehabs targeted?

Blame the US...of course...just Like Mx politians..blaming the drug users is as stupid as if we blame Mx for allowing the drugs to be trafficked into the US.  without drugs...no drug users..

WHen will Mexico take blame for their ills?  WHen will they stop biting the hand that is helping?  They made a deal with the devil long ago.  That deal was to look the other way as drugs WERE TRAFFICKED INTO THE US.  They did not care about our drug users then, they did not care about americans then...just looked the other way and said " use these routes and don't cause problems as you haul this shit to the US"..  imagine if they would have fought the devil when the devil was small?  Think about his, they did not care about americans then at all, as long as Mx was not hurt.  They created this hell, for both countries.

here is the interview;

http://americasmexico.blogspot.com/2011/06/interview-with-javier-sicilia-us-must.html

Re: INTERVIEW-W/ Sicilia "US IS KILLING US"- Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13..Why are rehabs targeted?

DURANGO1
buela ,

interesting thread on sicilia being a voice that is what mexico needs. AS much as marches here in the U.S. the thought is noble and valiant to even begin to fathom the amount of work. As with all marches it comes down to what can be done by the people over there. Weve seen with Immigration marches it does nothing but rile up the nest (arizona,Georgia) I remember piolin doing this and that for naught. I know immigrants we dont have much rights so we are at the mercy. The mexican people can put an end but the terror is truly great. They fear revenge attacks and so on....

Hopefully sicilia does not abandon the cause or get eliminated, as we have seen all great leaders are assasinated. I havent kept up with him but does he have a couple bodyguards? He is really brave for standing up against the Cartels and the worst one the government. Why is the government the worst? I see as they have a contract with the devil? just depending on the location is where they have their agreement. Does sicilia take donations? or if you have any info for this peace movement let me know. i for one could contribute a bit and i know more people would contribute.  Just as a side note do you think if there were plenty of marches similar to those in the middle east the u.s. and the U.N. would step in? or would they stand on the sideline much the like the u.s. does in saudi arabia? fYI im going to visit a couple of relatives that just came from DGO so hopefully ill get info from boots on the ground lol

Re: INTERVIEW-W/ Sicilia "US IS KILLING US"- Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13..Why are rehabs targeted?

Frontera
Buela “They made a deal with the devil long ago.  That deal was to look the other way as drugs WERE TRAFFICKED INTO THE US.”

So true, but the big added, and growing, problem now is with the intent of increasing drug consumption in MX....makes it far worse, just because there was easy money for Politicos to get money.

Re: Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13

El Regio
Buela what would you like him to do for the poor in Mexico? What ideas do you propose? I am a firm believer that a government can only do so much for their people, then we must do the rest.
Also what direction would you like him to take, since you seem to believe the current one isn't working? I don't think his plan is great but it has managed to break up many of the cartels. Look what he has done to the Beltran Leyvas, Golfas, Arrellano Felix, Indios Michoacanos, Zetas, and all the other criminal groups. They are all getting hit hard and when their leaders are killed they begin to disband into smaller groups and fight each other. The downside is an increase in violence however, this will not and cannot continue forever. It will eventually die down because they are losing foot soldiers by the thousands. They are also making the job easier for soldiers by eliminating themselves, that is how stupid they are! lol
Just look at the Zetas and Golfas, they are eliminating each other then the military jumps in and helps them out. lol
I believe Calderon could step up the heat and flood them with troops, intelligence, equipment, etc. etc. and begin hunting these animals down.

What is up with that comment? The one about immigrants and not having rights?

PRESIDENT BUELA SPEAKS ON THE NARCO WAR.... Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13

J-Z

Thats a loaded question.  I wrote a piece I titled " Culpa" I will try to find it, but bottom line the culpa is the government and social structure that cultivated a class of people they considered attrition...calcuable attrition so that resources would be for the upper class of people and there would always be a supply of people in poverty to work for pitiful wage. Corruption permeated every level of government.  WHen El Padrino sought an agreement to traffic drugs to the US Mx did not think that was a bad idea, because they did ot care that in the US were children that would use these drugs, and some would die, and parents would grieve all of their lives.  Like my brother.  Mx did not care about this and allowed this to happen.  SO if our drug problem is the culpa of Mx problems...pay back is hell because it is of their creation.  Where is the apology for allowing all those drugs in to our children?

I wrote an entire piece of the drug cartel structure and beginning, I was almost finished when I shared coffee with my computer.  My hard drive was not destroyed but damaged and my back up was lost at dell.  A mess.  The thought of re doing 50 hours of work is not appealing to me, but it is a powerful story and I think it should be told in context of today.  I will think about it.

Now more specifically answering your question.  WHat should Calderon do?  OMG!  If I were in command?   Or just about the narco war?  Lets keep it simple, the narco war.  There is millions of things I could write such as -protecting important/industrial cities such as Mty in the same way they protect the maquilas of Juarez-  control traffic in/out impose curfew/sourround the city...just like juarez.  How ironic is it that is the most violent city there is a pocket of safety?  why was that not imposed in the enitre city?

but as for the narco plan.....(drum-roll please)  QUIT FUCKING WITH THE CATCH THE CAPO-AND PERP WALKS OF THE BOTTOM FEEDER ATTRITION.  Go after the contractors...middle layer...in mass round up p with capos even better.  the cartel will not be crippled until that layer is affected.

start there.  protect cities, agressive, pro active, be smart, " if it ain't working stop doing it, and it ain't working"  which is why the people are not supporting Calderon.

The US..(i know you did n't ask this is a freeby)  our culpa is not the drug use, which is actually down by 50% since the 80s only rise is mota.  60% drug use is mota in the the US...lets say that is hype...lets say 40 or 50...if we legalize pot we chop the cartels at their knees.  NO ONE EVER DIED FROM POT OVERDOSE.  Is this a good time for me to write an article about it?  and repubs would be surprised which conservatives favor this.  I do not support legalization of other drugs, just MJ.  and no I am not a Buela Bonger, I have never experimented with drugs in my life, because of my beloved bro may he RIP.

Next, the US must make the banks like Wells Fargo pay for their alliance with cartels, and that is what it is, by allowing money laundrying to flow without impunity.  Fines are too low...time for massive fines, and prison time or better yet after multiple infractions they lose their right to do business.  time to get tough.

There ya go.  BTY  I am president of Mx, just ask my granddaughter.  SHe knows a little spanish.  she was 7 years old and saw some news clippings of me from Mx press.  Several were when I was formally recognized by the Mx Gov for my work and the headline was huge and said the words Presidente...and my name..and honored etc.  She picked up the paper and screamed at me " YOU'RE THE PRESIDENT OF MEXICO???????"  jajajajajaja...so from now on its madam president..

Re: INTERVIEW-W/ Sicilia "US IS KILLING US"- Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13..Why are rehabs targeted?

Hola La Negra!

When Sicilia made his plea to everyone of other nations to please join the cause and have marches etc in our indiviual homeland I thought it would be awesome, because few people know what is happening in Mx.  So I made calls and sent emails seeing if their would be interest.  Including a couple BB reporters.  Everone was very excited.  I thought we could contact Sicilia to join in and have it in Washington DC.  Surprisingly it is a very easy process to get a venue in DC, but to make it work it must have PR and recognizable people as a draw.    I don't think that will be an issue. But then I began hearing the poet changing his stance a bit, and from saying the plan was ineffective and needed is another plan, to more of anti war feeling of no confortations against the cartels.  That I cannot support. That will not work, MDCs will then have an environment whereas they can become more powerful and the fighting against each other will still result in great violence.

So I am in a holding pattern to see what the poet does.

Re: PRESIDENT BUELA SPEAKS ON THE NARCO WAR.... Sicilia's Caravan of Peace in Torreon as Rehab attack kills 13

El Regio
Thanks for the Essay Buela! lol sorry for taking so long to reply but I started a new job and have been swamped with work! =D

I like how you say that Mexico didn't have a problem with sending drugs up here to poison our youth, now all of a sudden they develop a conscience and see the wrong in their actions, too late!

I also agree with your take on the narco war. I read a book titled "Los Senors del Narco"  by Anabel Hernandez, you should read it. She explains in detail and by name, those who help the narcos because without them these narcos wouldn't be anything. She explains most of the Capos are uneducated, middle school drop outs who are not capable of running these multi-billion dollar businesses without the help of high ranking politicians, bankers, etc. If Mexico would go after them as well, they would stop the cash flow, protection, etc. they could literally solve the problem over night. Without protection these idiots cannot move their product to market, without money they have no cash to pay their idiot sicarios or buy new product. Its a great book you should read it.