Should We Consolidate These Piedras Negras Stories Into 1 Thread?

Should We Consolidate These Piedras Negras Stories Into 1 Thread?

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: Should We Consolidate These Piedras Negras Stories Into 1 Thread?

DD
@Chivo.  I think that in whatever manner the information can be presented is what is important.  However, I think it less clear by simply combining the 3 threads.

AJ's story has more detail about the events in PN, but if I were looking for info on events in PN, his thread would not be the first one I went to.  The attention grabber on his title is "Possible capture of Z-42".  "Shootings in Coahuila" would not draw me (I would assume it was probably Saltillo where most of the balaceros take place).

Curioso's is more of a personal experience account where he was in the middle of it and couldn't know what was going on in a bigger scale.

Mine, "War Zone in Piedras Negras" would tend to draw attention to those familiar with Mx because violence in PN is relatively rare and usually draws little attention..  But my source, El Diario de Coahuila, lacked the detail that AJ's had.

So, taking those factors into account, and it they can be combined in a way that addresses those factors, as far as I am concerned, have at it if AJ and Curioso agree.

AJ

Re: Should We Consolidate These Piedras Negras Stories Into 1 Thread?

AJ
This post was updated on .
I agree with DD. The Taliban stories were the same but the Piedras Negras stories are threads of their own that happen to be in the same city.

Much props for asking us first Chivo.

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Should We Consolidate These Piedras Negras Stories Into 1 Thread?

@Chivo.  Most people do not have a clue where Piedras Negras is located.  Saying it is across from Eagle Pass Tx. doesn't help much because most people don't know where that is either.

It is about 600 miles along the Texas border from Juarez to Nuevo Laredo and that is if you went on highways on the US side of the border.  Between those 2 points which get a lot of attention in the cartel wars are the 2 border crossings at Acuna and Piedras Negras, which do not get a lot of attention.

Chivis asked me one time why I thought that area of Mexico received so little attention.  It is a vast area and the answer to her question is complicated and multi-faceted.  But for our purposes it is sufficient to say there is very little reported about violence in Piedras or Acuna.

A quick search of "violence Piedras Negras" here on BB produced 41 posts, but they were only 3 threads that dealt with violence in PN:

Piedras Negras explodes....curioso 10/15/2011

My Piedras Negras experience keeps getting stranger 4/20/2012 curioso

2 BODIES TORTURED AND KILLED FOUND IN EAGLE PASS 5/23/2012

I think a search for threads dealing with violence Saltillo, Torreon, or the whole state of Coahuila would yeild 100's of threads.  Same for other border cities from Juarez to Matamores.

Chivis made a comment in response to curioso's "My Piedras Negras experience keeps getting stranger" :

"cities like PN and Acuna that are like living along a California earthquake fault. one knows it big one will happen, you go about your daily business knowing this and abosorbing the comparative mild hits but one day out of the blue the big one comes".

That is why I think the attacks in Piedras yesterday is big news.

Curioso's story about what he and his family were experiencing is one story on it's own.

AJ's thread, "Shootings in Coahila; Possible capture of Z42" , does not capture the real story.  His content was great, but the thread caption did not capture the story.   I am not criticizing his story, it was excellent and provided much more detail than the story I posted.  But the fact that it happened in PN is the big story.  This may be the "big one" that Chivis referred to.

Re: Should We Consolidate These Piedras Negras Stories Into 1 Thread?

curioso
It doesn't matter to me. Whatever you guys think is best.
I just hope I never have to start another thread like this again.

Cheers!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience