Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

QuitaPuercos
to try and get rid of  the strongest cartels

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

kylesam
Hell NO! I just argued with Goat about this like I said and say it again, does anyone know what happen to los Pepes after they killed Pablo? Here it goes.

After Escobar's death in 1993, several of the Pepes leaders eventually went on to become the heads of a national paramilitary alliance in Colombia, the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (AUC), a vigilante group that is responsible for numerous massacres and political assassinations in Colombia. The Castaño Brothers (Carlos 1965-2004, Vicente, and Fidel, who went missing in 1994) were founders of several paramilitary groups and the driving force behind the AUC's creation.

Another member of Los Pepes, Diego Murillo-Bejarano aka "Don Berna", became an important drug lord and eventually Inspector General of the AUC.

And thats what you want for Mexico? To have a paramilitary group form and become like Colombia?

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

QuitaPuercos
not really but if you think about it los pepes completed their mission and killed pablo escobar and thus ended the medellin cartel.

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

kylesam
Yeah completed their mission and what happen after that is the more important question! History repeats itself.

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

AllseeingI
Los pepe's did not kill Escobar, a Delta sniper shot him.

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

kylesam
Let me guess. You watched the History Channel?

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

Sounds good but Mexico has a long history of Corruption. Until this "problem" is addressed accordingly you will continue to have Cartels bullying and paying their way out of anything... The Municipal police forces are almost all corrupt and rumors of federal forces being in on the take also. If they are corrupt then they know who the cartel members are and where they are...Why do they continue to protect them??? They are masochists and like being treated like SHIT!!! No other way to explain it...You can offer them Billions of dollars since Millions doesn't seem to be enough, and things will remain the same. They will not turn on their ABUSERS. They would rather enjoy the 300 dollars they get and live knowing they are part of the "team". Sad...

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

CorrupcionCerdo
Chances are that this Mexican Pepes, once empowered take over the business, and became part of the same problem...

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

kylesam
I completely AGREE!!! Same as the old Pepes in Colombia.

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

AllseeingI
No, I was in Reconnaissance for 16 years

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

kylesam
So your telling me you were part of Delta force? And what are you doing in Mexico? Black ops? Or just loving the beaches?

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

AllseeingI
Banned User
At what point did I say I was Delta? What I am doing in Mexico is my business and none of yours. Go find someone else to fuck with kid.
gtm

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

gtm
'Death Squads' are not the answer to this horrible situation. The Mexican government will lose whatever little moral authority it has left by adopting 'narco' tactics. Furthermore, there is a real risk that state sponsored death squads would go into business for themselves. Finally, disregarding the 'rule of law' would send a terrible message to neighbouring states & the mexican people. These people are criminal & should be treated as such however grave their crimes. That being said I think some form of expedited judicial process whereby cartel menbers can be tried, convicted & imprisoned quickly is worth thinking about.

For what it's worth this is what I think could help resolve things:-

1) Martial Law / State of Emergency declared in N Mexico with substantial deployment of military forces. At the moment it seems that the Mexican Military are just nibbling round the edges.

2) Enlist help from the Americans (& others) with respect to capturing the big cartel leaders. I mean the surveillance side of things & not a full scale military intervention. Putting someone like 'El Chapo' in the bag would be a fantastic PR victory & would show the Cartels they can no longer operate with impunity.

3) Disband the Municipal Police & hand over responsibility for their duties to the state & federal law enforcement agencies. They're rotten with corruption & more of a hindrance than a help. No doubt the honest ones can be gainfully employed with the state & federal law enforcement agencies.

Longer term a Mexican Government needs to get a firm grip on the deep seated structural problems within Mexican society - ie corruption, unemployment etc. When you have 1000's of young men & women taking the view that it's better to enlist as a sicario for a few $100's a month risking decapitation, dismemberment you know something is seriously amiss.

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

kylesam
@AllseeingI

Damn, all I was asking was a simple question maybe you knew something I didn't know. You said you were recon for 16 years, so I figured your lil comment on top saying pablo was killed by Delta force is a rumor created by Delta force and I was trying to see if its true and figured you were part of Delta force. So I put the two together. That's right, its your business but no need to BE RUDE!

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

El Chubasco
Here is a post from April , 2011 about creating paramilitary type vigilante groups in Mexico , like Colombia's Los Pepes that waged war against drug kingpin Pablo Escobar .  It interesting that with the success of the auto-defense groups in Michoacan against the Caballeros Templarios that more and more Mexicans are coming to the conclusion that paramilitary forces may be the answer to combating  the widespread violence and crimes committed by the drug cartels . I have read comments on Valor por Tamualipas from citizens calling for arming themselves to fight the constant day to day kidnappings , robberies , extortion , and murders . This may seem desperate but not when the authorities are  in league with the Zetas and the Gulf Cartel .

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

te pepes turn out to be corrupt like fuerzas rurarels they move weight now their not a perfect example of a people who did right

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

_Jack

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

elcienporcien

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

TexcocoDeMora
Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes?

We have many Los Pepes groups in Mexico! They are called Drug Cartels!!!

You see, Los Pepes were "Perseguidos por Pablo Escobar" ("People persecuted by Pablo Escobar") What you probably don't know is that Los Pepes were already enemies and former employees of Escobar.

La Familia Michoacana were created as a vigilante group to fight Los Zetas en Michoacan but they used to work with them before, now it has been said that some of Auto-Defensas are Los H3 cartel and they used to work for Los Caballeros Templarios.

You see every time a cartel break up with their friends and allies a new Los Pepes group is created.

Guadalajara Cartel (First Mexican Cartel, from which most of the big cartels spawned) (Disbanded 1989)

Cártel de La Calle
Cártel de la Sierra
Los Mexicles
Los Chachos
Los Texas

Gulf Cartel

Los Zetas (Formerly part of the Gulf cartel, now independent)
La Familia Michoacana (Formerly a branch of the Gulf Cartel, then went independent)
Los Caballeros Templarios (Splintered from La Familia Cartel)

Sinaloa Cartel

Colima Cartel (Disbanded, former members are now a branch of the Sinaloa Cartel)
Sonora Cartel (Disbanded in 1989, its remnants joined the Sinaloa Cartel)
Artistas Asesinos (Disbanded)
Gente Nueva (Disbanded)
Los Ántrax

Milenio Cartel (First loyal to the Sinaloa Cartel federation, later independent) (Disbanded)
La Resistencia (Splintered from the milenio cartel) (Disbanded)
Jalisco New Generation Cartel (Independent remnants of the Milenio cartel)

Beltrán-Leyva Cartel (Formerly part of the Sinaloa Cartel federation, later independent)
Los Negros (Beltran-Leyva enforcement squad) (Disbanded)
South Pacific Cartel (branch of the Beltran Leyva Cartel in Morelos)
Cártel Independiente de Acapulco (Splinter from the Beltran-Leyva Cartel)
La Barredora (Disbanded)
El Comando Del Diablo (Hitman squad of la Baredora) (Disbanded)
La Mano Con Ojos (small cell of Beltran-Leyva members in the State of Mexico) (Disbanded)
La Nueva Administración (Splintered from the Beltran-Leyva Cartel) (Disbanded)
Cártel del Centro (cell of the Beltran-Leyva Cartel in Mexico City) (Disbanded)
La Oficina (gang) (cell of the Beltran-Leyva Cartel in Aguascalientes) (Disbanded)

Tijuana Cartel

Oaxaca Cartel (Was a branch of the Disbanded Tijuana Cartel, its regional leader was captured in 2007)

Juárez Cartel

La Línea (Juárez Cartel enforcer squad)
Barrio Azteca (U.S. Street Gang) (Allied with La Linea)

Many of these groups qualify as Los Pepes.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Should Mexico create a vigilante group like Los Pepes

deelucky1
Whats a mexclicle i heard its a mexican icecle
12