Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Anasazi
This post was updated on .

http://www.proceso.com.mx/493286/balacera-en-zona-turistica-playa-del-carmen-deja-muerto-dos-heridos

Proceso - Shooting in tourist area of ​​Playa del Carmen leaves one dead and two injured

By Sergio Caballero, July 2, 2017

CANCÚN, Q. Roo (proceso.com.mx) .- Hours after elements of the Municipal Preventative Police (PPM) and the Mexican Navy detained three suspected sicarios in the tourist area of ​​Playa del Carmen after a shooting that left one dead and two wounded, a narcomanta attributed to the New Generation Jalisco Cartel (CJNG) appeared this morning, in which, among other accusations, they point at the municipal president Cristina Torres and accuse her of protecting alleged criminal offenders.

"First Warning Raul Castro aka Xaulim, wilberth Alejandro Cruz 'Grillo' Huicho, Moses alias 'Moy' already know that they are here to heat up the plaza under the protection of President Cristina Torres. Their family will 'cargar a la verga' CJNG" the message says.

In response, the mayor (PAN-PRD) said that the Municipal Preventative Police has carried out "important arrests that have generated discomfort".

Last night, municipal police officers and marines detained three sicarios who attempted an execution at the La Vaquita bar on Calle 12, in the heart of Playa del Carmen.

Around 22:00 hours, three suspected hitmen came to the place to execute the bar manager, but failed in their attempt.

However, they fired on people inside and injured three people, one of whom died this morning at the IMSS hospital in Playa del Carmen.

The shots provoked fear among tourists.

The convoy were arrested when a convoy of police and Navy units arrived at the area immediately.

This afternoon, in a press release, Mayor Cristina Torres said the recent arrests have caused discomfort.

"We thank the determined citizens who have trust and have reported various criminal incidents, because thanks to these timely reports we have been able to carry out important arrests that have generated discomfort to those that damage our community," she said.

The arrests and posts made available to several people, he stressed, "are a product of the coordinated work between the authorities of the three levels of government, who will continue working together with strategy and decision by and for the solidarity."

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

I see Playa Del Carmen and Los Cabos going the of Acapulco, and La Paz, over the next few years.

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Alexander
That's a highly unlikely outcome J as there in no comparison between Acapulco and Playa/Cabo.Acapulco has been almost dead to American/Canadian/Europeans for decades, long before the violence, and is primarily a vacation destination for Mexicans from the DF while Playa/Cabo/LaPaz has been thriving in the same time period and has brought in much more foreign dollars than PV/Mazatlan combined, I could see LaPaz having some difficult years if the violence continues to get worse, but the government would never let any narco organization interfere with those two large gooses from laying their golden eggs, especially Cabo.

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Cuidado
Yeah because tge GOV is so good at keeping the narcos out....lol

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Alexander
Cuidado, not talking about keeping organized crime out as they and the government are in most cases the same because they all eat together, and if history has taught us anything that will never change.I was referring to the violence in Acapulco, and how the government would not let it reach a fraction of that in tourist destinations that I mentioned above, let alone Cancun, and I'm sure I don't have to explain why.

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Southerngirl
I actually got banned from my not so nice sister in law's wedding in PDC, for telling them cartels run everything there (She said I was trying you scare everyone,  in reality just wanted everyone aware of environment). Which as we all have learned, all shops better be paying their piso. The tourist areas used to be a no go for violence. There aren't going to be any bigger cities safe enough to visit soon.

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Anasazi
The government isn't always on one side, though. There are factions within government. Certain cartels are tied to certain political parties. There are places where the police favor one cartel and the military another, or different police departments (municipal / state / federal) support different cartels/gangs. So certain factions of government might want things to stay calm, while others are ready to heat things up through violence in order to try and wrest control/power for themselves.

Also, a lot of the violence in Acapulco, and Mexico in general, isn't necessarily violence from cartel sicarios who respond to a jefe and can be controlled. That's the focus of discussion on this site, but  its easy to forget that there are also millions of petty criminals, tweakers willing to kill innocent people for a hit, violent fuel thieves, independent extortionists/kidnappers, narcomenudistas (retail drug dealers), etc. Part of why Acapulco got bad isn't just because the cartels came in -- cartels can often be controlled -- but because this grimy criminal element that often can't be controlled was allowed to grow and the government simply could not get its shit together to stop it, despite it being in no one's interest.

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

Anasazi
I'm not sure this warrants its own thread, so I'll put it here. The son of the CDS boss in Cancun was caught in Playa del Carmen. QR must be a important state for cartels because of the drugs arriving there from Central America plus they can collect big cuotas from lucrative businesses in the tourist industry.

Http://www.eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx/seguridad/2017/7/8/detienen-narco-cancun-663273.html

Narco stopped in Cancun

'El Dover' is the son of Leticia Rodríguez Lara, alias 'Doña Lety', head of the Sinaloa Cartel Plaza in Cancun

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Rafael S. R., known as "El Dover", son of Leticia Rodríguez Lara, alias "Doña Lety", head of the Sinaloa Cartel plaza in Cancun, was arrested in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, along with four others.

The detainees were captured with heavy caliber guns in two luxury vans in which they were being transported.

Later they were taken to the premises of the Attorney General's Office (PGR).

According to state authorities, "El Dover" was detained in the parking lot of an auto parts store located on the Luis Donaldo Colosio Boulevard, in an operation led by the Army and Navy and carried out together with the Ministerial Police, State Police, Public Security and Federal Police.

Before any possible attempt at a rescue, authorities requested reinforcements and within minutes the site was surrounded by more uniformed officers.

Local media said that after the arrest of "El Dover", people called 911 and threatened armed attacks if he is not released.

Re: Shooting in Centro of Playa del Carmen leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; CJNG leaves narcomanta

mr.browntown956
This post was updated on .

Dona lety estába protejida por el PRI, pero el PAN esta mobializando y tarde o temprano va controlar PDC. Con dinero baila el perro. Tarde o temprano el dinero de la lety no la va ayudar , ya que el otro partido ya tiene asignado el vender drogas a un nuevo cartel.

¡tRuCHAS!