Shame

David
I hope this mess doesn't come in to the US like it is in Mexico.

Re: Shame

louis r
no, we have too many "police forces" who cannot and will not be corrupted. I am not saying there are not "corruptible" folks, but the forces appear reliable.

Also, in the US we have too many citizens who would FIGHT to the death against "brown skins" trying to take over complete swathes of cities.

Could NEVER happen.

Re: Shame

G.W.B. IN TEXAS
WHAT A RACIST PIG YOU ARE...

Re: Shame

Rodrigo
Its already here its just a matter of time. It wont be as bad as it is in Mexico but corruption will infiltrate look at how many border patrol agents have been busted for collaborating with drug runners. Look at the case in Sullivan City, Tx were the chief of police was busted. Its a matter of time bubba.....money talks.

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/police-39690-charges-sullivan.html

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/granted-39875-bond-mcallen.html

http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law/criminal-offenses-misc-smuggling/14610280-1.html

Re: Shame

IrishMex
Yeah, I agree.  The Law Enforcement situation in regards to salaries is a little, and I stress little, similiar to that of Mexico.  Low wages, overtime being cut, furlough days being implemented(force upaid days off), and even layoffs.  It is just a matter of time.  And yes, our military is also vulnerable to being corrupted.  There are already cases of it.  Gangs have already infiltrated our Military. Studies show it's the military that is a great source of combat training that can be used on the streets. Many of cases of that already.  It may take several several years, but slowly and surely it will happen.  If Border Patol Agents, of the Federal Gov't mind you, can be corrupted, don't ya think Bubba from Pinetree County Louisiana can be corrupted...Ummm, Yes.

Re: Shame

historian
The recent corruption scandal in City of Bell is the writing on the wall. How long before a city council appoints a police chief who is cartel friendly, not to mention greedy and in love with money. There already are places where city council meetings are conducted in spanish. A city council and police chief on the take will give a whole new meaning to the word sanctuary city. It's just a matter of time, money corrupts!

Re: Shame

El Profesor
     I don't necessarily want to single you out for what you said even though I'm quite surprised that at this day and age you haven't realized this issue-of the danger of the Criminal Drug Cartels- involves more than just pigmentation. In a way I understand your concern in this context, however if you do a tour of the United States and do more than just "eye" the pigment of peoples skin color you will discover that among the Spanish speaking peoples you will find the greatest variety of ethnic backgrounds known to man. And to have knowledge of this you would have to listen, observe and maybe even take notes.

     Many of my descendants, including my grandfather had blond hair and blue eyes and harked from the Northern reaches of Hiberia (Spain's very ancient name). This people are known to Historians and Ethno-Anthropologists as Visogoths (Spaniards of German Tribal Heritage). There is a whole plethora of European white tribes that are part of the Spanish Genetic pool such as Celtic Tribes (Celtic Iberians etc) Basques etc. Spain also has a rich Jewish Heritage which is labeled even Jewish Scholars as the most ancient and Eastern (as in from the actual Middle East as opposed to converts to Judaism-the Genuine article) of Jewish communities. If you mean by brown skinned people to tell my and our readers that you believe Mexicans to be all brown people and therefore bad that's bad enough because I think even you know even if they were all "brown skinned" as you say I don't think all of them are drug dealers and criminals. In fact the browner the skin its more likely than not that they are INDIGENOUS PEOPLES commonly referred to as NATIVE AMERICANS who originally did not have national borders. Now if your talking about MESTIZOS those of NATIVE AMERICAN roots and European or Other Racial Groups mixed in then you would probably be a little more accurate, however even that is a stretch to label all of them as well too! I had a laughable personal experience one day when I was in college when I over heard this student say, "I will never marry a Mexican! No way!" And it was like poetic circumstance when suddenly the next day a beautiful girl from Guadalajara Mexico arrived that was tall, white skinned and had long beautiful red hair. Not only that but she came from a wealthy well educated cultured family (all of her sister were models-I'm not making this up!) This guy fell madly in love with her but she was promised and engaged to a young good looking Mexican Surgeon that also came from an elite family. This guy was so ignorant that he would say things like, "I can't believe she is Mexican." But what he failed to realize was that Mexican is not an ethnic background it is a National Identity much like AMERICAN is. He never got his dream girl because eventually she found out about his bigotry and his erroneous assumptions.

     Many Criminal Gang are already here and they are INDIGENOUS TO AMERICA AND AMERICAN CULTURE which traffic in drugs and have connections with the DRUG CARTELS. If I work in law enforcement( which I presently do)  a little respect goes a long way along with knowledge it is a powerful combination. When you study California Prison gangs you run across names like the Mexican Mafia, Aryan Brothers, Black Guerilla Family etc you realize that they exist as a group primarily to make money and for protection. We already have problems of our own but they are being exacerbated by the DRUG CARTELS. However just basic common decency and respect for ALL ETHNIC AND PEOPLE will maintain your peace of mind. I only temporarily judge people based on their actions and their propensity to continue to commit those actions. There have been at least 8 Los Angeles California Sheriffs Deputies in the last few years that have been murdered by the prison gang known as the Mexican Mafia. Word came down that it was over one issue: RESPECT. You don't take a known gang member the back of an alley and beat him to a bloody pulp just because you don't like the birthday suit God gave him-that's common sense. You sure as Hell don't take someone like that and disrespect the woman that gave him birth or his set but you treat him like any other citizen that has gotten in trouble with the law with RESPECT. All the Mexican Mafia needs to do when they want to kill somebody is get a EUROPEAN looking Latino SURFER BOY type of member to hang out near their target with a weapon and then open up on them when they least suspect it. Criminal Gangs are organized and dangerous. What we are dealing with hear is going to take a NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE EFFORT to effectively deal with it but YOU MUST REMEMBER NEVER TO MAKE THIS A RACIAL ISSUE BECAUSE MANY OF THOSE BROWN SKINNED OFFICERS YOU WOULD PROBABLY HATE IF YOU SAW IN CIVILIAN CLOTHES HAVE PAID WITH THEIR LIVES ALL THROUGHOUT LATIN AMERICA INCLUDING MEXICO AND COLUMBIA JUST TO AVERT THE APPETITE THAT AMERICANS-MILLIONS OF THEM WHITE FROM GETTING THEIR NEXT HIT!!!

     People of color have a unique radar as they walk through life and they INSTINCTIVELY KNOW when a racist is in there midst. TRUST ME THEY CAN SENSE IT BECAUSE THEIR GUT INSTINCT TELLS THEM LOUD AND CLEAR! Im assuming from your statement that your probably a young person and I hope that you find it in your heart to treat all people decently. I'm constantly in a position professionally where I have to arrest people of color and I have never made it personal or racial. If anything I just deal with the bottom of the food chain because higher up the food chain in narcotic distribution the pigment of the skin gets curiously light and white (those with the pull to bring it in and organized).

     I have been to Latin America many times and I have never witnessed African Americans making deals-but sure have witnessed many of my white brethren conversing with the natives. REMEMBER ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY -TRUST ME. One of my best friends was African American with a mixture of CHATA Indian thrown in. He was drafted to play in the NFL and had beautiful green eyes. When he passed away of natural causes I wept like a baby for him because I loved him. Love goes a long way young person it really does.

Re: Shame

Anonymous
Brown skins?  What is wrong with you?  ALL our blood is red.  I agree, I think we as Americans as a whole would protect our own - REGARDLESS of what color the skin is on the individual threatening our way of life.  Grow Up!