Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

AJ

Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

AJ

SENIOR CITIZEN SHOOTS TWO TEENAGERS IN AN INTERNET CAFE ROBBERY GONE WRONG!

story by: dabney bailey 7/17/12 from GUNS.COM

<nabble_embed></nabble_embed>

Get ready for our favorite story of the week: News4Jax reports that a senior citizen carrying a concealed firearm foiled a robbery by whipping out his gun and firing at the assailants.

Seventy-one-year-old Samuel Williams (the video incorrectly identifies him as 63) and his wife, along with 34 other patrons, were peacefully sitting in a Jacksonville, FL internet café. That’s when Duwayne Henderson, 19, and Davis Dawkins, also 19, charged into the café. Henderson brandished a handgun and Dawkins was carrying a bat, which he used to smash a $1,200 computer screen.

The robbery lasted for all about 10 seconds, because Williams, a concealed carry permit holder, wasn't about to become another statistic. Williams pulled out his .380-caliber handgun, dropped to a semi-crouching position, and opened fire on the men.

        both duwayne henderson 19 and davis dawkins 19 were shot by a 71 year old man

Taking this as a sign that – maybe, just maybe – this robbery wasn’t the best idea in the world, Henderson and Davis attempted to flee the scene. Williams pursued the pair, continuing to shoot at them. As near as we can tell, Williams fired approximately 3-6 shots.

So, how is the old-timer’s aim? Dead-on.

Both robbers were arrested at a hospital, where they were being treated with bullet wounds. They are being charged with attempted robbery.

Mary Beach, a customer at the café, said “I think he is wonderful. If [Williams] wouldn’t have been there, there could have been some innocent people shot.” District Attorney Bill Gladson agreed, “Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges.”

We at Guns.com agree, too! Without a doubt, Williams is an absolute hero. He stood up to defend himself, his wife, and complete strangers from these armed assailants. He remained cool as a cucumber throughout the conflict, and he had the presence of mind to lock the door afterwards.

And that's not even the best part. There's one important detail that some of you might have missed. At the 00:15 mark, you can spot a bystander in a white shirt cowering at the right of the screen. Henderson, the man with the gun, approached the bystander to get him or her to move. The presence of this civilian made Williams' first shot much more difficult.

Williams didn’t come out guns blazing. He took the time to line up his shot at the bad guy – and not the civilian – to make sure that he didn’t accidentally hurt any innocents.

What a guy!

ORIGINAL SOURCE:

http://www.guns.com/71-year-old-shoots-armed-robbers-9831.html
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

AJ

This one was for you CHIVO!

Get Well Soon!
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Milo

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Baggy
ahahaah awesome. unlike most cowardly thieves that need to carry a gun to feel manly but are usually afraid to pull the trigger, this ol G was neither coward or afraid. i bet he only said that to the cops so they didnt think he was overly happy to finally be able to legally bust a cap in some assses lol.

Any word if the other guys even shot back or they just cried while running away?

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Chimera
I can't find the article now, but... I read that one of the kids has been fired from the cafe a few weeks before this happened and somehow gave the other one the idea that the place was rolling in dough. The got hold of an old, rusted-out, non-functional pistol and, as they say, the rest is history.

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

eternalcode
Turning the other cheek, pleading, harsh words don't mean shit to criminals. Hot lead sure has a way of changing their attitudes.

This is a great story because we find two important things in this story.

1) An armed and well trained elderly man sitting in the cafe minding his own business. Not threatening anyone with his weapon but always ready to use it in the defense of innocent life.

2) Filthy punks with no regard for human life. One armed with a gun, one with a bat.

Eternal Code - Notes On NODs

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Baggy
ahhh.. To me it looked like the robber was too scared to fire or left the safety on. Makes alot of sense Chimera cause he did have a clear shot on the ol G especially where his weapon was pointing when he pushed up took the first shot and missed. And yeh gotta agree with Chivo on this guy needing some kind of commendation for balls of steel. Didn't seem to flinch or second guess his actions, made his stand like a soldier... Any word if he has any wartime service bck in the day or somthin?

also can't seem to find any info on where he hit the marks, almost looks to me in the footage you can see a blood stain on the ground where one of the guys falls after gettin out the door..  @42 seconds you see a mark on the left of the screen outside the door, rewind to 38 its not there. Could also be a shit stain cause i know they both messed themselves ahaahaha

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Chimera
This post was updated on .
The guy who falls: the first shot hits him in the leg, he falls, struggles back up, hobbles out the door-- trying to run! ha ha ha -- second shot I think hit an arm.

So our elderly gent did really well! High stress situation, no time to prep a good stance, just draw and shoot, moving target. Dude deserves several medals!

=====================================
Edit:

Wrong: Both guys are hit: "Dawkins had a superficial wound in his left arm, but Henderson was shot in two places: his left buttock and his right hip."

As to the gun they had, Dawkins (I think) says, “The gun was broken and rusty and wasn't loaded. Nobody was going to get hurt

Story with lots of fun details and quotes from perps here.

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Catdog
Good job Samuel and keep it up!
AJ

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

AJ
They are saying that the 71 year old man could face charges for shooting the two teenagers.

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Barefoot Bandit
Great job...i wish more people would get their concealed weapons permit to defent themselves and others from thugs like this.
AJ

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

AJ
Florida doesn't mess around. I think when I reach my 70's, I'm going to move to Florida so I might get the chance to shoot me some 19 year old criminals.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Morgan70666
The law in Mexico no one can own a gun.  Mexico is a dictatorship.

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Milo

Re: Senior Citizen Shoots Two Teenagers in an Internet Cafe Robbery Gone Wrong!

Baggy
What charges?? being a good citizen? Attempting to stop what he thought could have been the execution of UNARMED innocents??WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD!??!?