Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

brige
In my view Dr Mireles could be living a very comfortable life in USA, however he has chosen a selfless task, a brave one at that. I do not believe he has a hidden agenda. His whole character is being examined, for what? Fighting crime and to enhance the life of Mexicans.
Chivis - in 1987 I had great difficulties obtaining a visitor visa to USA for a 2 week tour of New England. It was just the process rather than to do with my  background. It is now much easier for us Brits. So I agree the visa process in USA back in the 80s was very difficult to obtain. Residency visa even more difficult.

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

El?2012
Damn some of you just jump at the opportunity to bitch and complain! If you don't agree with someone why not just say I don't agree instead of furthering the unnecessary argument and singling out certain people and brining up your old scabs that you've been wanting to bring up and use other peoples argument as fuel to start an even bigger one. Who gives a damn if Mireles grew a little pot or even if he was moving it! FEW people on here can say they've never done drugs ESPECIALLY pot and doing is worse than growing or selling because you are creating the market. I see this possible flaw as relieving because if he hadn't had a flaw I would say the man fell from the heavens lol
Libertad y paz en Michoacán!!

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

elcienporcien

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

Slappy
Im not worried about the doctor.  It is the lower level guys in the groups.   They are vulnerable to infiltration and such.  I have noticed that the defenders are now wearing flak jackets and many are carrying assault rifles.

They need weapons and supplies and could be taken advantage of by rival cartels like the CJNG.  It is in the best interests of those cartels to infiltrate these groups.

The Self Defense groups are more effective than the government because they live in the towns and villages and farms and know the people involved.  They know where the cartel members live and operate.  They can go straight to them.  All the government can do is patrol and occasional raids.

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

DURANGO1
I agree the more serious infiltration is the lower level members. As we all know people always have a personal motive for their actions. On Dr. Mireles i cannot say good or bad as only time will tell. Seems good on the surface but we really dont know wha tis below. Regardless he is shining a light on a problem that not many have done. AS always coming to the us does not make a person rich or poor. I have seen narcos make money and try to assimilate into normal life. money and flashiness is by nowhere the means to point out if a person is narco involved.

Lets just not jump to conclusions based on hearsay of good and bad, this is an ongoing situation that only time will reveal its true nature.

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

TexcocoDeMora
I will not be surprised if this is true. Just because there is no record doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Look at Chino Antrax, we all knew about him but he was not a wanted man in Mexico. Look at Jose Trevino Morales, the DEA knew he used to import thousands of pounds of marijuana years ago, and he was not deported.

I do admire what Dr Mireles is doing but I will not put my hands on the fire to defend him over this allegations. You will be surprised to know who was who back in the days.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

_The Magician_

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

Siskiyou_Kid
If Dr. Mireles is a pawn of the federal government, in a "dirty war" against organized crime, like this video alleges, then why is the army only attacking the autodefensas, and they haven't killed or arrested even one Templario?

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

ESLiero

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

_The Magician_

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

ESLiero

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

_The Magician_

Re: Self-defense leader, defender of Michoacan or drug trafficker?

K los
Can a person make mistakes in life and not always be judged by the bad that they've done. Can't a person change for the better and redeem himself. From experience people do change and never go back. Only time will tell but I think the doc has a good heart and truly wants to help his people and country.
12