SSL Certificate, security question

final sleep
I've noticed this on addressbar (maybe always been http: instead https:):

Just curious, why no https on borderlandbeat?

Those are free for example here: https://letsencrypt.org/

Re: SSL Certificate, security question

Cirilo
Im guessing its for privacy reasons. To have ssl installed the website owner needs to verify their personal or business details inclusing location and likely phone number.

After that anyone else can pull up ssl to verify details and possibly find out where or who owns the website. Just my theory.

Re: SSL Certificate, security question

final sleep
There should be a way to do that both sides satisfying way.

Genre is what it is and with http everything between your browser and this blog is unencrypted, easy prey for someone who has even a little knowledge.

I just think security should be taken care in this aspect too.

Basically with HTTP, any data sent to and from the site (such as usernames and passwords when logging in) are not encrypted in transit from your computer to their server and could be intercepted and the contents read. With HTTPS, SSL or TLS encryption is performed on the data so, if intercepted, is meaningless to anyone other than the intended recipient as they could not decrypt it (it uses public key encryption if you want to read more about how only the intended recipient can read the data).

Re: SSL Certificate, security question

DeeAre
Hopefully they dont run into any problems with all the rep BB is getting.