Rumors of Division of the CDN

Itzli
This comes from Valor por Tamaulipas, who in turn pulled information from Nuevo Laredo al Rojo Vivo.  I'm translating some of it right away and present the rest in its original form:

CDN has now divided in two groups some loyal to Huevo Treviño (CDN or Treviños) and the other group would be los "Katas" who are made up of the intelligence group of the CDN commanded by el Cepeda, this group would be the one that will allow the CJNG to enter as support to combat those loyal to Huevo Treviño.  Do not forget that el Cepeda was ex Milenio he worked for a time for los Chachos cell of the Milenio Cartel now called CJNG.

Katas: people I pass along the information as it is.. the CDN of los Treviño is little by little separating in 2 groups.  CDN and los CATAS already the "tiendas" "pateros" and "fayugueros" have divided everything is divided in half.  Here the problem is as always los CDN already killed a KATA and el Cepeda is planning a betrayal of el Huevo Treviño.

These days are expected an internal war.  All of the CDN are abandoning the plaza out of fear of el cata.  It is because of this that there is a rumor about those from jalisco because el Cata was milenio and they know their work of their entire life blame someone else for their problems.  Watch out people.

Los catas of intelligence are the ex police officers of Nuevo Laredo, Anáhuac and Sabinas, Government check to see, locate them, investigate them.

Los Cepeda y sus catas puras mmadas solo son lamehuevos del huevo copia la teniente jaja *s asta en sus catas tengo gente Estoi enterado de todo o no Cepeda tu lo sabes bien, cuerdate de la junta q hicimos en punto construcción donde te pague lo acordado... huevo estas bien pnts tus investigadores de confianza también son míos jajajajaja y el werko puñeton q no sabe ni q pasa en la plaza jajajajajakakakajaj *s

CJNG: estamos entre ustedes si o no Cepeda tu sabes bien que *copia, tu Kenzo y tanga, por mas q escondas ala sobrina *vas aver el des*que te haremos... pueblo de nuevo Laredo nosotros venimos a acabar con el cdn ustedes trankilos que el que a hierro mata a hierro muere nosotros somos narcotraficantes no extorsionadores ni secuestradores menos rateros y para todo el gobierno q los apoya sepan q están en la lista mugrosos ustedes son los q les hasen más daño al pueblo basuras, Iván tu fin está cerca si quieres atu familia huye del pueblo no abra piedad para ninguna lacra q le haga daño al pueblo y gente de nuevo Laredo no salgan después de las 10 de la noche x que va empesar la fiesta vamos acabar con el cdn ..."

Re: Rumors of Division of the CDN

La Plata
Itzli, what are your thoughts on the rumored split? Do you see CJNG making a run at NL? I find the whole Mileno/Los Chacos history in NL extremely interesting. On a side note, rumors are heavy that CDN #2 boss and CD Victoria terrorist Comandante Gafe was either captured or killed today in Guadalupe, Nuevo León.
AKA El Plata

Re: Rumors of Division of the CDN

TheH
GAFE was capture Thursday night in Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon this must be a big hit for the Treviños clan (CDN) here's the link to the pictures:

http://fronterarojovivo.blogspot.com/2017/09/fotos-cae-el-gafe-lider-sangriento-del.html?m=1

Seems that the split in the CDN is real, suddenly the kill "El Pato" this past Thursday in Laredo, Tx he was in a park and he gets shot along with other guy that was with him. Later on in that night GAFE gets caught in Monterrey.

Seems that the "Catas" loyal to Cadete or Cepeda are the ones making the moves against the ones loyal to Huevo Treviño (CDN), I wouldn't be surprise if suddenly something "big" pops up in Nuevo Laredo or Monterrey in this internal fight the CDN is having.

Re: Rumors of Division of the CDN

Itzli
Sorry for the long delay in replying.  To begin I feel I should be upfront in saying that my knowledge of the CDN is for the most part limited to it's overall origins, the Treviño family and its role in the leadership, its relationship with other cartels and some knowledge on "El Gafe".  With that said, my thoughts are not based on vast knowledge and could be considered an educated guess as much of this information was completely new to me, for instance "El Cepeda" wasn't even on my radar prior to this article.

So what are my thoughts?  When the killings in Nuevo Laredo attributed to the Zetas del Sur occurred, I felt that there was a layer that was not being addressed/reported: how were they able to kill in an unfriendly plaza?  Despite the impression that cartels will take over territory by force it has increasingly appeared to me that this is rarely, if ever, the case.  Instead, any time a group makes a bunch of noise in unfriendly territory it is because a cell of the controlling group has switched sides, corrupt officials that have been providing protection has changed who they are supporting, or a combination of both.  With the emergence of the Zetas del Sur, whom I naturally would assume would be strongest in Veracruz/Tabasco/Oaxaca/Chiapas, I questioned whether they would have any cells that they directly controlled in Nuevo Laredo.  My guess was that was not the case, especially due to the nature of the individuals killed, and, instead, the killings were an act by a rogue cell of the CDN based in Nuevo Laredo.  With the recent rumors, I actually suspect that the previous killings were perpetrated by Los Katas.

As for the CJNG, I am skeptica,l as reading between the lines there seems to be as much assumption as actual information to support it.  In my opinion, there seems to be an underlying logic path to it: "El Cepeda" is separating from the CDN, he was once a member of Los Chachos who in turn worked for the Milenio Cartel which evolved into the CJNG, therefore he'll link up with them.  But I personally believe it is much more complicated than that.

From my prior research, I never considered Los Chachos as a cell of the Milenio Cartel.  Instead, they appeared in the late 1990s/early 2000s to be a minor independent drug trafficking organization with partial control of the Nuevo Laredo plaza (a competing group, Los Texas, also fit the description).  Los Chachos seemed to allow major cartels to traffic through the plaza following payment of "derecho de piso".  Some of the earliest information pointed to them being part of the Arellano Felix (Tijuana) Cartel and eventually they were almost always identified as part of the Milenio Cartel.  Then the Gulf Cartel paid to traffic which fell through, leading the CDG to set out to destroy Los Chachos by linking up with Los Texas and other local groups which would fight under the command of "El Karis".  In turn, the leader of Los Chachos was killed and, under the leadership of "La Barbie", they aligned with the Beltran Leyva cell of the Sinaloa Federation who attempted to repel CDG aggression and take full control of the plaza for themselves.

With that said, I am curious as to the full history of "El Cepeda".  He is repeatedly said to have been a member of Los Chachos, so I don't question that part, but where did he go from there?  Did he quickly turn to Los Zetas or was he a Beltran Leyva member?  If so, did he start working with Los Zetas around 2007, when the truce occurred or did he join later, as BLO power waned?  I don't doubt that CJNG would love to take over the Nuevo Laredo plaza, but pending better information I question how likely Los Katas would link up to them and suspect this is more closely tied to the changing of the guard in Tamaulipas that is rumored to be connected all the way up to the governor.  It won't surprise me if we suddenly start seeing messages where Los Katas claim to work in an old school manner...

Very insightful, great post as usual, Itzli. Speaking of Zetas Del Sur, what are your thoughts on Z43 being involved and going against his compadres, the Trevinos and CDN? I for one, was surprised to see his name mentioned.
AKA El Plata

Re: Rumors of Division of the CDN

Itzli
Honestly, I'm skeptical pending more information.  From what I saw Z-47 and Z-33 were always mentioned/signing the messages but Z-43 only appeared once if memory serves me correctly.  I'm not sure what to make of it, but the lack of consistency seems significant to me.