Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

buggs
Administrator
We recieved this e-mail. We are unable to confirm how legit it is, but we submit just for information. If anyone has any more information please share.

"I have just been told that between 1 July and 4 July the Cartels plan to form an alliance and cross the border to seek out Border Patrol agents for assassinations. I was told that the price is going to be around $3,000 for each agent killed.

Last night at the Eagle Pass, TX. POE at bridge one an individual was attempting to cross into Mexico with 12,000 rounds of ammunition that was shipped to him via UPS. As the person was attempting to cross the bridge spike strips were deployed blowing out the front tires. The individual proceeded to cross into Mexico where he escaped. Mexican customs officials denied the incident when questioned.

I wish to remain anonymous."
Borderland Beat

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

Are you an idiot?
Do you realize how stupid these drug dealers would have to be to target and kill BPA's? If something like this ever went down, the US military would invade Mexico once and for all and kill all of these idiots, we would be at war. The cartel don't want this, that's why this will never happen. If it does, God forbid, it will finally be the beginning of the end to all of this violence.

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

ChrisGrSr
I really don't believe that our President would allow it.....He may very will give Calderon another few billion dollars to "combat the situation", but I really doubt that he would invade Mexico....

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

57-South
Eagle Pass is full of families with ties to organized crime directly in Piedras Negras and all over Mexico. Low, middle, and high class families, teachers, politicians......even police department, sheriff's department, border patrol and customs agents....

I'd have to say that 60-70% is in one way or another involved. Some of Piedras Negras well known "narcos" are seen frequently in Eagle Pass driving around or at retail businesses......."HOW THE HELL DO THEY CROSS???????????????"

I'm sure some "extermination" will spring up in this town soon involving crooked cops, dea, border patrol and customs agents as well as several "ajuste de cuentas" with the endless number of "chiqui-narcos" in town.

The media and city hall still insist on saying that it is safe and that everything going on in our neighboring city of Piedras Negras are nothing but rumors.......that it is safe to go as before.

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

gonzalez
they go to us to buy things because they ar us citizen most of themgmpsf

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

worried
do you really think that our president can do something to stop that?  these guys are no joke and it really worries me that innocent people are in danger.

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

319E272
Every know and then we would receive such threats. As I recall, what protected the BPA's and other Federal agents in the past was that the cartel(s) knew killing a Federal Agent was bad for business. I was a BPA for 7 years before transferring to another agency. Unfortunately the border is very different than what it was 7 years ago when I left. The "nothing's sacred" trend with how the cartel(s) and their factions are doing business nowadays makes me believe that these threats most likely will be acted on. If a bullet fired from Juarez can hit El Paso city hall - it can hit an Agent. Be careful
vj

YOU ARE CORRECT THAT SOME FAMILIES HAVE TIES AND POSITIONS OF THEM TOO,BUT IT IS NOT 70 PER CENTMAYBE 30,narcos cross freely cause they look like people,as far as shooting at BP agents well their gonna shoot back and they can shoot pretty good,killing US agents is bad for their business, They will close the border then.It boils down to greed,everybody wants more money,any race any position.How do you stop greed.

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

buggs
Sure, all that makes sense, but the threats from the Mexico side have been escalating recently. One example was the alleged 1 million dollar bounty on Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Borderland Beat
Ayo

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

Ayo
Some of these threats could very well just be fabricated propaganda from those who want to see the Arizona law go into effect. Notice how the majority of those threats or "rumors" are coming from the borderland of Arizona?

Re: Rumors about targeting BPA's in July

anonymous
If Mexico wants to be taken over by the US the Cartels  should go ahead and try it. You start killing BP agents in a mass number your will have US Marines running Mexico city in a month. As you have seen in the past two months we have had just intelligence officers in there and look how bad guys have been found and killed just think if you actually started killing innocent Americans we would take over MX and put our own chosen government in. This country is going far right nuts right now and those types want to lock up every illegal immigrant in the country, have the military on the border for years so put that together with a far right wing president in 2014 answering to those far right wing nuts and it will explode into Mx. I mean look at what there doing to the Dream Act right now its been going on for years and the far right wing nuts are blocking it from coming to even a vote. Things are gonna be tough from Mexicans in the US if you see a president Sara Palin  or some other far right winger believe me.