Rolling in the Deep

buggs
Administrator
 Sometimes we all get overwhelmed with all the news we publish in Borderland Beat, most of it is always tragic, heart breaking and at times brutal, almost by design, especially when you follow the beat of the wave of violence shocking the very own fabric of the Mexican society.

When we read it every day, it almost seems like a lost hope, especially when it takes us deep into the dark shadows of the so called drug war, it is how it rolls, we just show it for what it is.

Rolling deep.

But there must be some good, at least if just momentarily, perhaps if we had a passionate melody to make us forget it all for that moment. To escape from it all, without denying it but merely putting it to the side, if only for just a moment.

It is how I felt when I heard little 10 year old Angie from Mexicaly Mexico sing.

Borderland Beat

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Hey Buggs...I love the posted comment of one of the 14Million you tube people hitting on this vid "way more talent than Justin Bieber" (sp?)

and BTW Adele is one of those the "like" them on FB

Vasquez sounds from Mexicali Baja California...very cool

thanks for sharing!

Re: Rolling in the Deep

_The Magician_

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Havana
Well that was unexpected, refreshing and terrific.  Thanks for bringing it, Buggs.

Re: Rolling in the Deep

curioso
I've listened to this song a few times now. I like it a lot, this young girl has some talent.

It has a kind of old time slave song or prison chain gang song feel to it, can't put my finger on it. I actually would like to hear her sing it without any musical accompaniment and a bit slower.

Anyway....thanks Buggs, great find.....nice change of pace from all the madness.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Rolling in the Deep

curioso

it has been on the top 200 charts in many countries for over two years, and number one in US for a couple of months!

you are breaking my heart....you haven't heard of my girl Adele?  amazing  soul/jazz singer, she wrote and sang the song..  it i nominated for Best Song and Song of Year in this years grammies along with 5 other nominations for adele

Re: Rolling in the Deep

curioso
Hahaha....sorry Buela, I gave up on the mainstream music scene over a decade ago. Haven't listened to commercial radio or the like since the 90's.
One of my hobbies is discovering interesting new music, I'm constantly searching.

I mostly listen to really heavy rock music but I love all kinds of music.
Now, because of BB, I have discovered your girl Adele

I have a 6 year old daughter who also shares my love of music and sings all day long. I'm looking forward to turning her on to Adele!

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience
Tex

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Tex

Re: Rolling in the Deep

jajaja...yep I figured if you did not know Adele there must be an explanation.

she is highly talented and writes all of her songs. here is a link to some of her videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAc83CF8Ejk&feature=relmfu

I love music and studied and played classical violin, I can listen to all forms except opera and here I go maybe stepping on your toes but not hard rock.  gives me a headache jajaja.  but my kids love it

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Tex love your christmas avatar, I have been meaning to put the Christmas Abuela up since Wen put her pinata up...which I also LOVE!

Re: Rolling in the Deep

el Spaceio
avatars.....

humbug  :P
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Rolling in the Deep

you have a valid point spaceio!

Tex

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Tex

Re: Rolling in the Deep

curioso
Ok Chivis.....I've got to call you out on this one. The video above is a family group called Los Vasquez Sounds doing a cover of your girl Adele.

I clicked on the link you provided and there was a woman smoking a cigarette talking, I was like WTF...where's that cute little girl?

Hahaha........anyway my daughter is digging Los Vasquez Sound's cover of Adele.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Rolling in the Deep

final sleep-2

Re: Rolling in the Deep

JesusTheMoose
Spacio, now you have an avatar that I like? Nice choice.
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin
Tex

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Tex