Riots in mexico

Eskribe
This post was updated on .
So far 6 injured and and one dead...looks like they're going to do things the hard way.
http://mx.ibtimes.com/articles/29824/20121201/manifestante-muerto-bala-goma-san-lazaro-pena-nieto.htm

30587-reportan-muerto-en-el-cerco-de-san-lazaro-dicen-que-era-manifestante-y-que-fue-herido-con-bala-de-goma

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

Eskribe

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

@ Eskribe. NOT OFF TOPIC.  You should remove those words from the title of the thread.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

MEXICO CITY (CNNMéxico) - Supporters of the student movement # YoSoy132 and other social organizations have clashed with police outside Congress on Saturday, amid protests against the government of the incoming president, Enrique Peña Nieto.

The demonstrators marched through the streets during early morning of Mexico City to protest near San Lazaro Legislative Palace against Enrique Peña Nieto, who led violent demonstration.

Youths threw stones and firecrackers against security officials and then tried to break the barriers. The police returned the stones in the clash near the San Lazaro Metrobus terminal.

In one of the most critical moments of confrontation, protesters set fire to one of the policemen and beaten with pipes shields of riot police.

Security forces fired tear gas, whose effects reached inside the Congress, causing discomfort in some of the employees of the enclosure.

After the retreat, some of the young people affected by gases washed his face with water and vinegar. Then attacked different parts of the fence and other public facilities in the area. He also managed to bring down a fence, which caused the riot police covered the hole with their shields.

Protesters tore lampposts, a phone booth and smashed windows of advertising. A young man waving a flag of Mexico amid the brawl.

In another attack, the protesters managed to hit the fence with a truck.

Later, the police reinforced their offensive with tear gas and the protesters managed to replicate.

"Mexico, without PRI", was one of the most recurrent slogans.

At the forefront of the march, there was a banner that read "Peña Nieto is not my president." Young left the Monument to the Revolution shortly after 04:30 hours. Prior to endure the cold, some of them "dancing" against Peña Nieto. Others were engaged in developing their placards, some against Felipe Calderon and his anti-crime strategy.

Several demonstrators carried pipes and other metal objects, and even shields, some made of wood or satellite TV antennas. Others covered their faces with bandanas or wore masks, "for fear of pepper spray, the grenadiers," they said.

A cardboard cutout, representing Peña Nieto, hung from a box that resembles a TV, with the logos of Televisa and TV Azteca, the two major television stations in the country. In the event there were flags of UNAM and the IPN.

With the hashtags # MexicoNOtienePresidente, # 1DMx, # TomalasCalles, and # OcupaSanLazaro, the protest group # YoSoy132 convened in social networks that citizens demonstrate against Peña Nieto when he takes office. Input called on his supporters to focus on Friday at the Monument to the Revolution, sleep there, and then leave at 04:00 pm on December 1 heading to the House of Representatives, which is expected to Peña Nieto received the presidential sash .

They asked participants to carry that manifestation paintings of all kinds, to make a collective mural on metal fences authorities placed around the Legislative Palace of San Lazaro. From there, issued a statement and then walk to the Zocalo of Mexico City, to continue protesting. Also called a "national comalazo", so that in all cities go on strike supporters pans, pots, "or any object that projects the deep anger and outrage towards the new Mexican government."

One of the organizers of "Operation # 1DMx" said they were concerned that, although # YoSoy132 summoned not break the security fence near the Chamber of Deputies, some people in their personal capacity, or other organizations, had the intention of going with a more violent mood and that could lead to repression, tear gas or water pumps.
http://www.eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx/
SRG

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

SRG
Deffinitly not off topic!
SRG

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

SRG
In San Lazaro

Injured by Federal Police!

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

@eskribe.  If you don't know how to remove the "off topic", simply click on the "More" button above, and in the drop down menu click on "edit", and the original window like when you wrote it comes up.  Just delete the words if you want to, and then click on the "Post Message" button.

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

I have a video of the violence on main board:

LINK HERE

it is the 2nd video in the post.  Protestors destroyed EVERY business on avenida Juarez and spray painted congressional building

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

Eskribe
Sorry the off topic was removed, i just wanted that make sure we are all on the same page, glad to see the support for this movement.

Re: Riots in mexico

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: Riots in mexico

Canna_guy
Banned User
Show some evidence of the effectiveness of the death penalty deterring crime please. If you can't, you only sound like some random internet psycho demanding people die.

Re: Riots in mexico

Canna Guy

I was supportive of the death penalty in the US and Mexico, though I continue to support it in "theory" I cannot support it in practice as it stands.  In the US DNA has proven that too many persons are wrongfully convicted and many people think DNA testing is status quo but that is far from the truth, laws need to change making it mandatory where there is DNA evidence it is tested, no matter how old a case.

Secondly, In the US the death penalty has no uniformity n standard and is applied without parity.

As for Mexico, where corruption is rampant and permeates every system of justice and society, how can a reasonable person have an expectation that the penalty would not be used mostly for reasons other than intended?  I can see trumped charges against protesters, indigenous and peasants and those who buck the system.

NO THANK YOU.

a comment about death penalty being a deterrent.  It is not intended to be such, it is punitive at the highest level.

I always think of Bundy escaping jail i Utah after killing several women and going on to kill many more after escaping including the 13 year old girl he snatched from her jr high.  She was badly tortured and raped before her murder.  If he had been executed after the first 7 -for arguments sake- he would not have killed the 8 or so after leaving Utah.

Paz, Chivis

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

El Regio
SRG wrote
In San Lazaro

Injured by Federal Police!
Looks like he won't be throwing anymore rocks or spray painting building anytime soon.

Re: Riots in mexico

Canna_guy
I never thought I would see the day that we would agree on something. I must admit this day has come. Very well said and I commend you for your insight to the injustice that is involved within the system of capital punishment. Hell has officially frozen over.

Re: Off topic..Riots in mexico

Canna_guy
That man is clearly dead.

Re: Riots in mexico

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: Riots in mexico

Valhalla
Here's an other "rude & ignorant" reply to your blood thirst, no civilized country have capital punishment.

Who do you think would die in Mexico?
Not the bosses, that's for sure.

Do you really think a death penalty will change anything?

I reserve the right to be rude when someone is screaming for blood!
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Re: Riots in mexico

Canna_guy
I wrote my thesis on Misapplication of Capital Punishment in the United States. You have no clue what you are talking about. Did you even graduate high school Chivo? You aren't talking about the death penalty. You are talking about State-Sponsored Summary Execution.

You try your best to sound as though you have an education but time and again have proven to be nothing of the sort. It must be a very sad life that you lead to call for such an escalation in the violence.

Would you like it if you were stopped on a street, taken behind a police car, and shot until dead? This is exactly what would happen to innocent people under the Chivo Doctrine. How dare you to pus such a thing into the minds of people who might not know better. It is very irresponsible of an admin to do such a thing.

BB has enough problems as it is maintaining credibility without having some fool constantly spouting off that more people should be killed.

You should really work on what you allow yourself to post here. You make the site look like a bunch of dumb rednecks who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

Putting your posts in bold and using capital lettering is only a feeble attempt at giving your words more power. I find it unfathomable that anyone here would believe in the same doctrine as you. It reeks of mildly retarded and special education classes soaked in alcohol.

You re sitting in the United States with little to no education. What looks good to you is meaningless to the powers that make policy decisions. If you went to Mexico and started spouting off this kill, kill, kill doctrine, you would not live long.

You are allowed to say the things you say because Americans have laid their lives down for your freedom to spout this rhetoric. In no way, did they or the administrations that sent them into battle agree with an isolationist or totalitarian doctrine. This Chivo Doctrine only serves to isolate you from mainstream thinking and the thought processes of those put into power because they don't follow such an ignorant line of thinking.

These words don't serve to make you appear more powerful or strong, rather they identify many weak areas in your critical thinking. The words you haphazardly throw together do not make you seem more intelligent either. Your sentence structure, spelling errors, and misuse of the language identifies you as someone with perhaps 10 years of education at best.

While I can not speak for others who read your babble, I can assure you that your ramblings don't impress me in the least and do not make you an individual any educated person would ever respect.

Re: Riots in mexico

El Regio
The death penalty would change many things because many of these prisoners easily escape from jail or they are bailed out even after being caught red handed. So if you minimize their supply of soldiers, hit their pocket books and confiscate their product they will eventually have to find new routes to move their products.

Re: Riots in mexico

Frontera
Canna Guy “Would you like it if you were stopped on a street, taken behind a police car, and shot until dead?”

Some enlightenment is needed to explain what you mean. How is the death penalty applied in the US? That may be the death penalty concept Chivo is referring to be applied to Mexico.

Do you feel a US style death penalty would be successful in Mexico? If not why?

Re: Riots in mexico

Baggy
Death penalty hmmmm lets see.... how many people get killed a week by the marines in mexico?? They run around chopping people up and carrying and AK on their shoulders... Do you think these guys are afraid of death?To me it seems the death penalty is already in effect in mexico and it doesn't seem to deter shit!

#edit and the dead guy or dude with the holy head doesn't look like he's part of a student youth movement... looks like  cartel ringer payed to stir shit up.