Rio Grande Pot

Parro

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – On three different occasions drug smugglers dropped bundles of drugs when confronted by Border Patrol agents in South Texas and ran back across the Rio Grande.

According to a Border Patrol news release, agents in the Rio Grande Valley Sector said they found more than 680 pounds of marijuana worth about $545,544 in the last week.

Last Thursday, agents at Fort Brown saw three suspects near Highway 4, who dropped bundles of marijuana and ran back to Mexico.

Also on that day, agents near Garceno, Texas collected several bundles and a small boat that was abandoned in the Rio Grande by eight people, who also fled to Mexico.

“While agents were retrieving the vessel, smugglers began to throw rocks at the agents from the Mexican bank of the Rio Grande,” the release said. “Agents defended themselves from the rock attacks by deploying less than lethal projectiles at the assailants. No injuries and no arrest were made.”

Then on Friday morning, agents found a group of people hiding in the brush. They ran to Mexico as agents approached but left behind two marijuana bundles.

“Even with the spread of the COVID-19 virus, human smugglers continue to try these brazen attempts with zero regard for the lives they endanger nor to the health of the citizens of our great nation,” the release read. “The U.S. Border Patrol agents of the Rio Grande Valley Sector will continue to safeguard the nation and community against these criminal elements.”

https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/border-crime/drug-smugglers-drop-marijuana-in-rio-grande-when-confronted-by-border-patrol-in-south-texas/

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Good photo.You would think these guys would allow themselves to get arrested as the alternative would to be tortured by their own for losing the load especially more than once.
Kab

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Kab
So about $1,200 per lbs of Mexican brick shit weed?

Border patrol really inflates those numbers.

It should be more like $200 per lbs of that nasty Mexican stuff which comes out to a street value of $130k.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

El Guero
Today the brave officers of the El Paso division of ICE and Border Patrol confiscated 57 kilos of high purity cocaine with an estimated street value of $1,700,000,000,000,000,000,010.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Hahaha I think they forgot to add a few more o’s on to that last $10!

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ciro
I always wondered why the cartels didnt start making hash like they do in the middle east.  It would fetch a far better value

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Parro
This post was updated on .
Well, everyone dismisses pot from Mexico as rubbish.

It never was and has improved.  Rafael gave us sinsemilla, Acapulco gave us the gold and Panama the Red.  You took out the stems and seeds, and you had a high that didn't put you down, but gave you a trip.

People dismiss Mexican pot as sticks and seeds, it has always been more and better yet.  They are competing on price and the high.  Please don't disclaim it, if you don't know and recently used.

Mexican pot is better than ever.  They wouldn't produce it, if they couldn't compete.  Witness all the cartels, who ragged on the Colombians and others, who couldn't put out a better product.  You can step on a lot of product but not weed.  It is what it is.  An old argument.

Lebanese Blonde and Morrocan Red?  give me a break, hash was and is nothing but a stamp and a brick.  Worthless, unless you were induced by a placebo.  Mexican pot is better than hash yesterday and today.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ciro
Mexican pot hash nothing on real Lebanese blond hash.  I dont mean to insult you but you are wrong.  I have smoked the best marijuana in British columbia and Medellin and I would perfer blonde hash any day.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ricky Churches
I've yet to see some really good Mexican weed and I've lived closed to the border on both sides of the border. In my humble opinion you can't compete with norther Cali weed.. I've been a marijuana connoisseur for over 30 years, lol. Colorado also has some good weed and with the technology available now, full spectrum LED, stuff is really getting out of hand.

Yeah, you can't step on weed but what some people are doing now is they spray it with synthetic cannabinoids to increase the potency, then add terpenes for that good smell.

There are hundreds of different types of synthetic cannabinoids, like most stuff, it's being sent from China at ridiculously low prices.

My dos centavos....

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Mosco
Ricky Churches wrote
I've yet to see some really good Mexican weed and I've lived closed to the border on both sides of the border. In my humble opinion you can't compete with norther Cali weed.. I've been a marijuana connoisseur for over 30 years, lol. Colorado also has some good weed and with the technology available now, full spectrum LED, stuff is really getting out of hand.

Yeah, you can't step on weed but what some people are doing now is they spray it with synthetic cannabinoids to increase the potency, then add terpenes for that good smell.

There are hundreds of different types of synthetic cannabinoids, like most stuff, it's being sent from China at ridiculously low prices.

My dos centavos....
O.K.  Ricky,  Seriously, can you list some reasons that make "good" vs low quality weed?  How does one determine quality?
For starters, what is "full spectrum LED" ?
Gracias,
Mosco

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ricky Churches
Greetings Mosco, well I'll try and keep it short.
Tradicionally metal halide(veg cycle) and HPS(flowering) high pressure sodium are lights that have dominated the market for a long time. HPS put out an intense high band of yellow light which activates photorespiration and allows it to take in more nutrients. They cause aot of heat though and now you have to worry about cooling your room. When LED lights started to come out they thought they could just give mostly red and blue light to your plants because those colors dominate photosynthesis. Green is the least used, why plants aprear green in color. Full spectrum LED try to mimic natural sunlight and give the plant all the light (full spectrum of color) it needs for both cycles, vegative and flower wiyh no heat, well all light produces heat but HPS is extreme.

Now good quality cannabis, you can take a magnifying glass and see the tricromes well developed and know the plant has been picked at the exact time it should have been. Different strains take different time to mature. Now, just because you can grown cannabis doesn't mean your done, the curing process is a different animal, you want to get the best smell and taste out of your plants. You don't want it to be to dry or to wet and cause mold cause it will ruin your crop. Now a days you can test for THC levels, obviously the higher the THC the higher you will get. When you compress your cannabis you are ruining the tricromes. Seeds have oils in them, when pressed you don't want that in your cannabis. Curing your cannabis takes time, if not done so correctly, it will give you a smell like hay and not a very fruitful aroma cannabis is known for. Taste, smell and duration of the high are other ways you can judge

Kab

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Kab
The lighter color, the higher the grade and thc value.
Kab

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Kab
If you never used it, it'll be hard to describe what is good cannabis.

It's like me asking a tequila expert how high quality tequila is suppose to be.  I wouldn't understand honestly.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ciro
I have a good friend who does really well with Kind led grow lights hes hitting +2 per light.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ciro
Yes sir you are correct

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Mosco
Ricky Churches wrote
[...]

Ricky: Great explanation.  The light spectrum , photosynthesis , curing process,  etc explanations were good science based for lay people like me.
Thanks much!
Mosco

P.S. When you have time, could you drop some lines about who should "not" use cannabis and why not.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ricky Churches
It comes down to genetics as well. You grow a seed that comes in brick weed vs someone who has done years of selective breeding. It doesn't matter how good of a light or nutrients you use, you're not going to get a great product.

There are a few dark strains that are really good.

But like I said, it's all in the trichomes, they go from milky color to an amber color when ready to harvest. That's what contains the many cannabinoids that make each plant potent and unique.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ricky Churches
Oh man, that is a tough question to be honest. Obviously not everyone should use it just like other drugs or even alcohol and certain medications. There are people who have addictive personality doesn't matter what. Drug, sex, gambling. I've smoked most of my adult life, I have quit when I needed to with no problems. When I was younger an I got I trouble, I had to stop, I did with no issues. I even had to take some clases. I was in there with ten alcoholics and one other person who said it made him violent. I was in awe. Never had I ran into someone like that. The person teaching the class insisted I had an addiction to it even though I quit and was being tested. Just cause I told him I was going to start smoking again after my probation was done, 18 months. I love smoking and doing exercise, playing my guitar or any activity. I don't sit around playing video games, I don't even have a TV. If it hampers your everyday activty then don't use it. Some people smoke it at the end if the day to relax after diner before bed.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ciro
Yes I am aware about genetics.  Most people i know have mothers grown from seed and non feminised.

Re: Rio Grande Pot

Ricky Churches
My apologies Ciro, I still haven't figured out how to do the quote.
Sometimes is says "in reply to this post by ___" sometimes it shows the actual quote and sometimes it doesn't do either.. 😕

I was still trying to explain some other factors to Mosco. So it wasn't directed at you. I agree mothers from seeds are the best, many people don't even know how feminized seeds come from, from hermaphrodites, so there still a chance you may get a hermie. You seem to know what's up.
12