Rifles and rocket launcher seized in Miguel Aleman

Rifles and rocket launcher seized in Miguel Aleman

Bjeff
Evidence from recent arrest suggests that weapons are being transported in large quantities from the United States into Mexico.

Assault-type rifles, ammunition and even rocket launchers were confiscated from a vehicle Thursday in Miguel Aleman, across the border from Roma.

The seizure and arrests happened in a small neighborhood about a mile from the international bridge.

Authorities also confiscated road spikes. The vehicle had a Texas inspection sticker on the windshield.

Mexican police arrested six men who were tied to the guns and the vehicle. Their identities have not been released.

Some say security at border crossings is pushing smugglers to more secluded areas.

Some of those weapons cross the border in the Falcon Lake area. Larry Barnett owns Rio Park, a fishing camp and RV park near Chapeno.

"I don't own the bottom of the river after night. I really don't want to know what goes on here," Barnett said.

Barnett's park lies in the center of a popular smuggling route. Drugs and illegal immigrants leave Mexico and land on the outskirts of his property. Guns and ammunition go back.

"Boats come across and get it, even horses," Barnett said.

Thirty years ago, hunting rifles and small-caliber ammunition were the trade of choice. Today, it's a much different story.

"We have had wars that lasted pretty much all night. They even use rocket launchers. It was a real show," Barnett said.

Barnett's property is across the river from Guerrero. He can watch the violence from his house.

"Of course they are coming across from here. They are taking them every way they can," Barnett said.

Source:
http://www.krgv.com/news/local-news/Mexican-Officials-Confiscate-Weapons-Cache/31662320

Re: Rifles and rocket launcher seized in Miguel Aleman

635787at
Someone's arming them selfs for the zetas