Revisited story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
Yes, but isn't the discovery of the graves new?

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Siskiyou_Kid
These graves and barrels for dissolving or burning bodies definitely sound new, but I think everyone in Coahuila knew they were out there, the government just wouldn't do anything.

The point is that Borderland Beat has had numerous stories reporting on entire families in Allende and Nava and other towns from Piedras Negras south being murdered, and their homes blown to pieces, bulldozed or burned.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
Yes, I know bb has entire stories on the Allende and Nava massacres.

Forgive me for not being able to immediately put the pieces together.  There are a number of massacres to keep straight and I am kind of new to all this.

Fyi, Chivis has an excellent summary of the relation of the Cinco Manantieles/Zaragoza findings this week, along with new investigations of possible burials in the Piedras Niegra prison, to the historic Cuellar/Moreno retributions...

Along with the political problems in Coahuila that allowed the travesties to go unpunished.

Excellent summary Chivis.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff
@Sis Kid: Since semantics is an issue, I have changed the title to "Revisited story". I hope everyone is ok with that?

I don't think this story has been told in full, and perhaps it never will, but some non-motivating comment doesn't change the fact that it deserves further digging, and that is exactly what the Mexican authorities are doing on a ranch searching for human remains.

Hey BJeff, I saw you changed the title and I want you to know I didn't mean to be critical. The government is finally investigating this horrific massacre and this is new news, and I appreciate you posting it.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff
@S Kid: Thanks, but I did not feel you coming on as critical. I was referring to previous comments. The important thing here is that this is one of the major massacres in Mexico and it should not be forgotten. The piece on the front page right now is excellent.

But I wonder how hard it would be to find out exactly how many houses that got demolished? I mean, this is such a human catastrophe that the U.N. should have started asking critical questions to the Mex government.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Kid... 200 GATE elements and 50 feds in Coahuila is spitting to fight a firestorm.  I am afraid it will bring further outrage and grief to the families.  I hope at least some will get answers.
That said, they should search wells, foothills and cuevas with their nifty equipment, along with ranches taken.  Everyone in the vicinity knows which ones should be searched.

Bjeff....I don't think anyone was being critical, to the contrary we were trying to help, as you thought there were no previous posts on the subject.  I think your story was fresh, it was of the search, with backstory information.

When I saw your post I was working on information sent to me from 3 readers about the search.  A total of 9 articles and countless tweets.  I was trying to put things about the search in chronological order.  and I saw your post and thought, damn it is much better with the backstory, and I KNOW the backstory, up close and personal.  and I still had some of the courtroom notes and testimony notes, cuellars testimony etc.  I threw out my most of my other post about the search, and told what happened to necessitate the search.  It was by far more satisfying writing that, so I thank you very much for the motivation! :)

About the counting.
There is an attack by armed thugs
the balance of casualties is 6 dead innocents-3 females 3 males
elements of the marina-pgr-army and the state atty gen give statements of their findings

marina: 3 dead females 3 dead males
pgr: 1 dead female 2 males 3 males  injured but are expected to survive
Army: 6 dead narcos
PGJE (state) No pasa nada

Choco...thank you so much.  I wish I had time to write a book on my experiences in Coahuila and NE mexico, (Tamps & N.L) Maybe if I ever retire.  unlike DD, I have witness much first hand.  there is so much I would love to share, but can't, even this story if I wrote too much detail, someone close to the players would know it is me.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff
@Chivis: ah, I always tell my gf that she takes what I say in the worst meaning, and here I go doing the exact same thing. OK, I'll stop crybabying now.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

better than the other way around :)

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff
Here is another article on the Allende massacre on Vice:
http://www.vice.com/es_mx/read/el-manantial-masacrado

(I might translate some day, or perhaps somebody would like to take a go at it?)

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff
123