Revisited story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Allende y Nava, where Cinco Manantiales is located in Coahuila, is a good 400-500 mile drive from San Fernando, Tamaulipas.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
Thanks Siskiyou.... I guess the April May 2011 graves - 193 bodies - found near San Fernanco are not related to the Allende Nava kidnappings/murders from March 2011.

So I wonder what the 193 bodies are from?  Anyone know/remember what the thinking was at the time?

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Siskiyou_Kid
Most stories I've heard peg the victims as South & Central American immigrants who were suspected of being CDG reinforcement and/or refused to join the Zetas.

I think the lone survivor was Ecuadorian, and he said something like this.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
@DD   Gary Moore lays all the details about the 193 murders (found in San Fernando in April - May 2011) .... these were murders from buses.

The "193" I'm talking about are shown on the map I posted earlier in this thread.  Apparently not related to the Moreno Cuellar-related killings (as Siskiyou points out).

http://garymoore22.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/the-bus-massacres-too-horrific-to-be-seen/

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

elcienporcien

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

badanov
193 was the number of victims the Procuraduria General de la Republica said was the final toll when the last fosa was found in 2011.  I later heard that that number was modified lower, but I continue to use to 193 as the death toll.  So far, until the government of Mexico says otherwise, the San Fernando massacres are by far the worst mass murder in modern Mexican history.

Peace through Superior Firepower

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
@badanov   yeah, and per gary moore's june 2011 blog entry, tho there were deaths of private citizen's in cars too,most were pulled off buses of a bus line that wouldn't pay the zeta piso.  The other bus line travelling the same route raised their prices steeply, so moore says.

He says whole buses disappeared as well ... And that more than 10 buses were stopped and people randomly kidnapped and murdered.

I remember the earlier stories on bb... But moore's coverage is excellent.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

elcienporcien

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
You're welcome ecpc... Yes, I wonder the same thing.  And I even wonder about moore... His blog mysteriously stopped on may 26, 2012.

He travelled to San Fernando to interview locals about the deaths of the 72 immigrants... So he was intrepid.
.
His linkedIn account still is up, but in some searches I could find no evidence of new articles.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

MANO
Mi amigo el tordillo
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

MANO
try again,
Carlos Lara
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Siskiyou_Kid
I prefer borrachera.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

THANK YOU FRIENDLY GIRL!!!!

looks like some peeps never make it across the border of Forum.

there have been many articles posted on mainboard by me and Gerardo about this.

and thank you so much for remembering about Cuellers testimony in the Austin trial me and Havana covered.

when zetas split from cdg, they used the same tactics as when the were with cdg before the split, acquiring trafficking info, middle layer contractors etc cueller describes this in an overview during the trial.

as for this being real.  everyone in Coahuila knows it is so, and more.  The cities along borders are the cities where much of the violence goes down.

I have been in Coahuila for 10 years, we have sustained two balaceras directly in front of our offices, in one 2 people were killed that were innocents.

I personally know of several people that have been taken, including the brother of a local newscaster friend, and another friend whose teenaged boys were taken.  Another business man had his store and home torched and daughter taken.  But I know many people in my part of Coahuila,  the more you know the more you will know about.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

durango

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Bjeff
Well, thanks for peeping me out, Chivis. I made a reference mistake and I admitted it, however, this story cannot be told enough times so I let it be. Delete it if you like, but my point was to report that the investigation is finally under way to probably find some of the missing at that ranch.

Besides that, I find it amazing that both you and DD dare to live in that place. Brave people for sure, I would like to know if the security conditions have improved anything in the last year.

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

choco
@Bjeff   Forgive me if I am mistaken... but isn't this article by Bjeff reporting on NEW recently discovered evidence of murders in the Cinco Mantaniels (or however you spell it) area?

These are new January 2014 reports... and appear to be new to me.

The graphic I posted from Gary Moore probably confused things, and I apologize... I was just trying to sort out the massacres and I was not on BB when they were reported.

I came across that graphic while researching something completely unrelated.

And Chivis, you know I love you, but it is a bit frustrating when you slap down folks because we do not know about every article or every subject ever published on BB!!!  Many of us have not been here that long.  That is why I was trying to sort out the massacres shown in the graphic... just curiosity on my part to better understand the history.

I actually got a lot of help from wikipedia where they have a massacre by massacre breakdown and discussion.  Thinks are a bit hit or miss here on BB, just the nature of this type of forum, but it is hard to find a chronological presentation of information.

Also, part of the nature of any forum is.... there are ***ALWAYS*** repeat posts and requests, and they always pissoff impatient people who've been around a long time.

Yes, we will NEVER be the expert you are, so please have mercy on us!!  jajajaja <3

Re: Untold story: The apocalypse in Coahuila

Siskiyou_Kid
The point I believe Buela is making is that the "apocalypse" in Coahuila is not an "untold story".

Borderland Beat reported on the original attacks, disappeared families, and destroyed homes in the area, with photos and eyewitness reports.

Then, Havana and Buela reported on the testimony of Cuéllar at the trial of Jose Treviño about the $5 million theft, and the reprisals against entire towns after the money wasn't returned.