Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

J. Rojas
  For some time now, it seems that the reporting has slowed at Borderland Beat. What used to be a flood of reports each night has turned to an average of about 2 per night. And most of those seem to be articles on peripheral subjects rather than "On the ground" incidents. This is the only place that I know of where, an English speaking person can bypass the mainstream media blackout and get a sense of what is truly going on day to day in Mexico. I tell everyone that I know to check out this blog to be more informed. I find it unlikely that, the slowing is due to an extreme reduction in the tyranny that plagues the country.
  Are the Bloggers ok? Are you all staying relatively safe?  I certainly hope so. I thank you for the volunteered diligence that you have exercised to bring the news to people whom, otherwise have little way of knowing the truth about the unfortunate events that are taking place there.

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

paul
are you following the links in the lower right hand corner? I also follow a spanish site that will usually have additional stories. It is called www.blogdelnarco.com they are a bit more graphic in my opinion.

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

J. Rojas
Thanks much but, no. I don't speak or read Spanish. Good source for others though.

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

J. Rojas
But again, I DO see that La Politica is in English. Great. Thanks!

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

buggs
Sorry, we get caught up in otherthings from time to time, we should be back to usual business in no time!  Thank for being a reader of BB.
Borderland Beat

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

Paul
 Like the gentleman above, I don't speak spanish, so I can't read the narco blogs.

Fortunately, I'd like to inform all the other non-spanish speakers out there that I've found a wonderful free translation service offered by Google.

The translation is not 100% perfect, but it's good enough to understand each story.

Just go to: http://translate.google.com and enter the phrase or website address of the narco blog.

Note: some narco blogs are very "busy"....they have lots of activity going on the screen, which slows down the translation service a bit.  Be patient.

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

J. Rojas
Thank you very much Buggs and Paul. Glad to hear that all are safe. Thanks, for all you do here!

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

RiseMakaveli
Will be back.....

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

surf city
This is to all....to assure BB continues their good work...besure to give a  donation from time to time.

Re: Reporting at Borgerland Beat seems to have slowed to a trickle.

surf city
I second that!  I posted about this translation tool a few weeks back, you can set on auto or manual which is what I prefer to try to improve my spanish