Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

See Chivis story on Front Page and related threads here on Forum.

Mexico City, March 12 . - The Facebook site "value Tamaulipas," which has become one of the only ways they can report on what is happening in that state, said the recent clashes between criminal groups in the city of Reynosa have left at least 50 dead, and not two as reported belatedly and after multiple complaints citizen-local government.

Since last Sunday night, social network users reported clashes in Reynosa later confirmed by the authorities. However, the state government was strongly criticized because no information or timely warning, the two dead, apparently, are civilians, no data about what was happening were in the crossfire.

 Users of the site have confirmed that the death toll from recent clashes is much higher than those reported by the authorities, who complain of not timely reporting fighting and trying to hide what is happening in Reynosa.

Various reports collected by "value Tamaulipas" claim that tata a hard clash between different bands of the Gulf Cartel, along with Los Zetas, are battling the territory. Authorities have not confirmed reports what people say, that in the Villa Florida, which brought the heaviest fighting since last Sunday until Monday morning, left at least 50 dead, although it is unknown if it includes civil or just gang hitmen.

 "Among the dead are more than 50, all collected CO (OC) and take them to the gap that lies behind the peak and Villa Florida, which was where the Z came, went to pull the there, gathered all and then to disappear, not to lie to the authorities, they want photos of the dead? had weapons, radios stacked on the Oxxo shot dead and injured people, so pick up the CO to be taken away to disappear "reported" value Tamaulipas. "

"That's why we as parents should be always attentive to our children by talking to them and give them school to avoid this kind of thing," said one user. Another said: "It's not worth shit news kieren cover the sun with a finger aki komo they do not live it and they are not ignorant ke will only be 2 two dead if it took hours of Sunday ke it not suck and lack of Monday in bougainvillea ".

http://www.sinembargo.mx/12-03-2013/556995

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

STXjarhead
Sounds like the cartels got what they wanted, no media coverage. They have scared all the mainstream media outlets and now the government won't report on it either.

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

SmootheDaHustler
Isn't it obvious the military has been bought and paid for? Wachoo mean the military ain't respond to the AK Corral? I reckon them canteen boys done seen the light, the Greeeeeen Light a feller might say.

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

Lala
the government not reporting is nothing new, it's older than the cartels, it's what the PRI has been doing for over 80 years, t's all about control, controlling the perception Mexicans have about what's going on in their own country, EPN just "won" the elections but not with enough margin, no one trusts him and he is trying to sell the success of his first 100 days in power, the economic reforms, the "pacto por Mexico" and all that BS, his party will do anything they can to avoid bad press and info about bloodshed getting to the general public

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

GameDog
Personally, i think the Mexican Army & the Navy, have being asked to step down.  They will not make a move without the orders from higher up. They are now only 35,000 Troops from 50,000, active fighting this Drug War. I think the PRI is slowly by surely, sending the Military back to the Cuarteles.

Mi Opinion!

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

STXjarhead
People seem to think that if the military backs off the cartels that this violence will calm down and things will go back to the way they were. I dont know if they will. I am seeing more and more people around town going across the bridge lately though into Nuevo Laredo.

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

Lala
I just read this regarding what happened in Reynosa, CDG confirms the death of Gringo and Puma.

http://www.historiasdelnarco.com/2013/03/se-comunica-el-cdg-mataron-al-gringo-y.html

An anonymous report by a CDG member says that both el Gringo and el Puma are dead, el Tachas injuried and the Bugambillias, San Valentin and Granjas areas that were their territory have been cleaned of estacas and halcones.

In Bugambilias one was taken from his home and tied to a pick up, that's the last known of him. The metros from Vistahermosa and Jarachina Sur with the agreement (or under the orders?) of comandante Manuel, in charge of 55, were the ones who took care of making these people disappear.

Comandante Diablo got the lands of what used to be Gruas Mora and since last week the price of copper has been fixed at 50 pesos/kilo, whoever pays more risks being kidnapped.

Since yesterday sacking the Dubai (a brothel) owned by el Gringo started, the Matraz in Cumbres was attacked with grenades, this had been for a while Bebe's botique (I guess this is another brothel? I don't know), now the X20 and Ciclones are the strong ones since many of Gringo, Puma and Tachas' men alligned themselves wth the new bosses.

Not the best translaton, sorry about that.

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

SmootheDaHustler
Seems like they're heading back to good ol' peaceful slavery, that is, if these scum-bags stop with that bullshit. But if they don't, and judging by the media blackout, sites like these, that take the initiative to get the word out of what's really going on, will be even more important than they already are. I wonder how the people feel about the withdrawal of troops and the media blackout. Is this what they've wanted all along?

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

ToPHeR
First mention of Comandante Diablo in a while.....

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

tonebowski
New article from the Monitor newspaper about the fight in Reynosa.

REYNOSA — Two SUVs rolled up to a house Tuesday in the Quintas gated community and nearly a dozen men climbed out, sporting assault rifles and body armor.

They kicked open the door and raided the property, while some of the men maintained a perimeter around the block.

It may have looked like just another day at the office for a SWAT team, but this wasn’t the police. The lettering on the commandos’ vests read “CDG” for “Cartel Del Golfo.”

Despite its stature, the Gulf Cartel has faced a series of debilitating internal power struggles in recent years, one of which resulted in a bloody split with its former enforcers, the Zetas. Other conflicts have seen various lieutenants clash, hoping to wrest power from each other.

The most recent internal rift mired the city of Reynosa in a three-hour firefight on the night of March 10 — as factions loyal to Gulf Cartel boss Mario “Pelón” Ramirez fought with factions loyal to Michael “Gringo” Villarreal — and produced Tuesday’s scene in the Quintas neighborhood.

“An order was given to erase everything and everyone that had ties to El Gringo,” said a source outside law enforcement with direct knowledge of criminal activity in Tamaulipas. “The estacas (foot soldiers) have been told to kill them and keep the loot — cars, guns, money, whatever.”

The March 10 firefights paralyzed the border city as gunmen set up blockades in all of the main avenues and littered road spikes throughout the city. The Mexican army confirmed the seizure of 10 armored trucks and 23 other vehicles from the clashes that day, and 22 more vehicles were seized by the Tamaulipas Attorney General’s Office. But by press time Sunday — a week after the gunbattle — the Tamaulipas authorities still had confirmed only the deaths of two bystanders during the March 10 fighting, publicly ignoring the death toll of at least three dozen gunmen who were slain, according to Monitor sources.

The ongoing rift has led to near-daily clashes throughout the city:

>> On Thursday, one gunman was killed during a clash with authorities, according to the Tamaulipas Attorney General’s Office.

>> The state confirmed five more gunmen — three male, two female — were killed in a firefight Saturday.

>> And on Sunday, the state announced three more gunmen were killed — one in the city and two along the highway between Reynosa and San Fernando, Tamps.

CIVIL WAR

Ramirez, looking to establish a single command structure for the Gulf Cartel, has rallied regional commanders to join forces with him, and he has been aided by his allies in the Sinaloa Cartel, said another source outside law enforcement also with direct knowledge of criminal activity in Mexico.

Once Villarreal and his forces are moved out of the way, the order is to restore peace and keep things quiet along the border so the trafficking activities are not disturbed, the source said.

Keeping quiet is exactly what Villarreal didn’t do on March 9, when his gunmen stormed six car dealerships in Reynosa and stole 18 trucks. Just one day after the battle lines were drawn, both sides began an all-out battle.

Though Mexican authorities have not officially confirmed his death, Villarreal ally Jesus “El Puma” Garcia Roman was gunned down during the three-hour firefight March 10 in Reynosa, which once again featured large convoys of more than 20 trucks with gunmen, said a Tamaulipas law enforcement official who asked not to be named for security reasons.

The power struggle that has split the cartel also has split at least one family as legendary Gulf Cartel enforcer Sergio “Comandante Cortez” Ortegón Silva leads his group, the Ceros, in an attempt to eradicate Villarreal’s forces, which include Ortegón Silva’s own son, Sergio “Cortez Hijo” Ortegón Jr., the Tamaulipas lawman said.

“El Gringo is the most bloodthirsty of the leaders out there,” the Tamaulipas lawman said, “and while he had been working with Pelón, Pelón didn’t trust him because of his ties to” Juan “R1” Reyes Mejia, a Gulf Cartel lieutenant who helped spark an earlier wave of infighting by killing rival capo Samuel “Metro 3” Flores Borrego.

TRUST NO ONE

During the time of Osiel Cárdenas Guillén, the Gulf Cartel operated with a certain structure that allowed for rivalries among lieutenants to exist without affecting the organization as a whole, said George W. Grayson, a professor at the College of William and Mary and co-author of The Executioner's Men: Los Zetas, Rogue Soldiers, Criminal Entrepreneurs, and the Shadow State They Created.

Since the fall of Cárdenas Guillén a decade ago, Grayson said various commanders have fought for control, resulting in the death of some of them and a permanent split with the Zetas.

Today, distrust within the Gulf Cartel as well as the Zetas is at an all-time high, with both groups breaking into factions — but more so in the Gulf Cartel, Grayson said.

The internal feuding continues to exacerbate violence in Tamaulipas with some effects also being felt in South Texas, Grayson said. Villarreal was the mastermind behind a team of kidnappers that operated in South Texas in 2011 and is believed to be behind a rash of kidnappings in 2012, court records show. And the Gulf Cartel also has been linked to various executions in the Rio Grande Valley as well as one botched kidnapping that resulted in the shooting of an Hidalgo County sheriff’s deputy in late 2011.

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

@Tonebowski.  Good catch, Even though you identified the Monitor as the source, it is still good to provide the link to the story.  It makes it easier if someone is doing research.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_c0af45e4-8f6f-11e2-8401-0019bb30f31a.html
AJ

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

AJ
I'm so glad that many Mexican citizens are taking the law in their own hands now.

The only people who really know what's going on in Mexico, are the citizens themselves.

The government will only do what's best for it's own personal interest.

It's only business afterall.....Nothing personal.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Report more than 50 dead in Reynosa, criticize the government for hiding data on clashes

dd

valor tamps said over the weekend that the real number is closer to 100