Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

Mars220
MEXICO CITY (AP) -- A leading Mexican journalist's website says the private home of President Enrique Pena Nieto was built and is registered under the name of a company central to a much-criticized high-speed rail contract that Pena Nieto abruptly canceled last week.

Aristegui Noticias says the $7 million, 13,000-square-foot home in an exclusive Mexico City neighborhood was built and is owned by Ingenieria Inmobiliaria del Centro, a company belonging to Grupo Higa.

Constructora Teya, another Grupo Higa company, was part of a Chinese-led consortium that received the $3.7 billion, Mexico-Queretaro high-speed rail contract amid criticism it was the only bidder in a rapid process. Critics questioned ties between Pena Nieto, his political party and the rail contractors. The deal was canceled late Thursday.

The report appeared on journalist Carmen Aristegui's website on Sunday.

http://news.yahoo.com/report-rail-bidder-owns-mexico-presidents-home-204217725--finance.html
Mars Oner

Re: Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

Mars220

Re: Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

adam3

Re: Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

jlopez
Here are some photos included in the Proceso article that was probably based on the Aristegui repor.<na<nabble_img src="EPNs_den.jpg" border="0"/>bble_img src="EPNs_living_room.jpg" border="0"/>

The property borders another home owned by his wife.

Right now, in the midst of the worst crisis that has developed in his administration, EPN is touring China, promoting his investment schemes. EPN, his cabinet, and especially Attorney General Murillo Karam, are all clueless.

Re: Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

choco
Right next to a property owned by his wife.... or the Chinese company?

I wonder how long EPN has been in that house.

Thanks Carmen for exposing this corruption.... but I bet it will continue and nothing will happen to EPN, The Little Prince.

Re: Report: Rail bidder owns Mexico president's home

Carmen for president....