Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
This post was updated on .
@MX Thanks for the articles that you listed. "several people interviewed in Matamoros described him as a regular at strip bars and dance clubs," I guess Guerrero had the same personality like el Chispa Z14 and Mateo, all of them loved to hang out at public places that simply put them in danger that ended up badly for them. Ive read on other article and there was mention that the vehicle where the masked attacker started shooting from was blizzard pearl sedan and had Taxi logo according to witness it immediately disappeared after the gunfire was ended. also Matamoros was/and is stronghold of CDG, I guess it would be death sentence for the killer that took the hit against him out there, CDG were too powerful back then and they had good amount of people working for state under their payroll, and of course Zetas would take blood feud for killing its founder, unless his own guys took him down under orders of someone having more higher position from his organization.

This is the Jeep Liberty of el Guerrero where he got shot at with his friends and bodyguard
MX

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

MX
Thanks for the explanation. My initial theory was that El Guerrero was probably killed on orders from his higher-ups. I used to think that there was no way a rival group could come into Matamoros, heavily armed, and have intel on El Guerrero's whereabouts. But I'm not so sure if I buy this theory now.

The attack was very indiscriminate of civilian bystanders, and I don't think the CDG/Zetas would do that on their own turf. We know the Zetas were brutal, but I think there was still some sort of "order" under Osiel. I don't think the CDG/Zetas would take one of their own out the way they did at such a crowded place in Matamoros. That brings too much attention and Osiel wanted none of that since he was under high scrutiny since December 2000, when he was indicted in Brownsville for the 1999 standoff with the two U.S. agents.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
about 100 bullets were fired from automatic or semi automatic rifle into Jeep liberty where the guerrero and other victims were riding, Heres the video about firing AK47 with 100 rounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpfSLdu6qo

all they've done was they arrested 19 year old boy that drove same blizzard pearl colored sedan. If you might look on the image all those bullets perfectly went trough the SUVs windows and that the attacker knew how to hold the GUNs recoil right, I think its impossible for 19 year old customs broker without any experiences to do something like that plus jumping on one of los Zetas that was known for doing high level criminal actions along side with other mates, putting his and his family life into danger.

Do you know anything about Decena's girlfriend whos mother owned restaurant in matamoros, where the decena was shot by Soldiers? After Decenas death she started dating some singer, theyve both were killed at hotel in 2007, even the hotel staff was shot to death by unknown group of sicarios
MX

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

MX
Interesting video! That was nuts. You're right, definitely a scapegoat...

I remember Zayada Peña Arjona (she had some good grupera music). In Matamoros her death was our version of Reynosa's Valentín Elizalde. But I had to refresh my memory on the girlfriend. Ana Bertha González Lagunas, right?

From what I remember, the assassins drove to the hospital where Peña was killed in a car with Texas license plates. Matamoros officials reached out to policemen in Brownsville asking for updates, but we know nothing more. Apparently the guy was a Mexican-American, likely from Brownsville.

Do you think Ana Bertha was the initial target? Her mother was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2005 for providing support to the Gulf Cartel. Apparently she managed some businesses from Osiel and Zetas founder Omar Lorméndez Pitalúa. The family met Z-1 via Omar. I wouldn't be surprised if Ana Bertha was laundering money and got Peña involved with / without her knowledge. Blanca Aidée Arjona, Peña's mother, believes Peña was killed by the Gulf Cartel because Blanca Aidée worked for law enforcement.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

blanco puro
2025 Osiel will be released and bring order to CDG and take over Tamaulipas again
MX

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

MX
I don't think Osiel will return to Mexico, mate. He'll likely stay somewhere in the U.S. with an assumed alias and have to live the rest of his life in hiding. Remember he collaborated in identifying several Gulf Cartel/Zetas members and how they operated. He has family in Houston and Brownsville, but I don't see him anywhere in Texas. Too risky.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

leChef
Or Osiel is sent back to Mexico and then immediately arrested, like a couple of other capos before him...
MX

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

MX
Possibly, but I think it's highly unlikely. His plea agreement is sealed, so we don't know for certain. But my gut feeling says the U.S. was willing to give him a soother sentence and safe haven in the U.S. upon his release in exchange for his intel. Much of what the U.S. knows about the Gulf Cartel/Zetas was thanks to him. Keep in mind he still has five years of supervised release once he's out, so that means he'll have to check-in often. A lot of his family moved to Texas after his sentence, and I'm guessing this may have been part of his agreement too (visas for his family, in exchange for intel about the underworld).

I also don't see Mexico wanting Osiel back. He destabilized the Almoloya prison for years, and the main reason why he was extradited was to put an end to some of crazy shit he was doing (e.g. organizing strikes, riots, smuggling cellphones, hosting parties, depositing money in prison guards' bank accounts, you name it). The PGR stated in his 2003 arrest that he would be tried in Mexico first ... we know how well that worked. Him back in Mexico is a huge security risk.

Do you happen to know what Mexican law says about double jeopardy for criminals convicted abroad? Maybe they can get him back for other charges that are not what he was sentenced for in the U.S. (he was sentenced for drug trafficking, money laundering, and assault). Maybe he can be tried for organized crime involvement, illegal possession of military-exclusive firearms, or murder?

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
under request of US Department of homeland security, Soldiers surrounded the prison as they were legitimately worried that Osiel's Zeta commandos might indeed have been able to penetrate the meter-thick walls of the facility, It seems that US didnt wanted Cardenas to escape at that time.
Even if Osiel will be freed he might stay in USA and keep very low profile just like Rafael Cardenas Vela aka C-900 leader of Ciclones done that before, I dont think if he will be back to Mexico to take control of Cardenas loyal branch CDG in Matamoros. I think there are still lot of dangerous people out in Mexico that he might have gave intel about. he could gave orders to free Z-12 but he is dead... Hell even Z-40 can gave orders from prison to his CDN dudes to hunt him down in Matamoros, IF that ever happened just my thoughts...

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

El_Bujo
2025: Osiel is living with his family in the US and the rest of the money he hid away, considering he only forfeited $50 million....

Mind everyone, he has to be worth at least $1 billion!

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
I remember there were rumors about $250 million back than....

His Family can control drug cartel in Mexico from the US just like the Trevinos family do the same with CDN except they have Huevo there
123