Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
This post was updated on .
I searched lot of information about original los Zetas for long time, the ones that provided security and muscle for Gulf cartel kingpin Osiel Cardenas

-----

List of Dead Zetas :

Z13-HK10 Ernesto Zataraín Belíz AKA El Traca: one of the first Zeta casualties he was the first one that introduced walkie-talkie civilian (halcon) thing
Suicide, Dec 10, 2001
(Some sources refer to him as Z-10)

Z9-HK24 Raul Trejo Alberto Benavides AKA El Alvin: Killed during the storm of el Chachos residence in Monterrey. Theres information that he died due to the lack of medical attention (probably gunshot) and his corpse was left in Matamoros down town Hotel
Killed May, 2002

Z1-HK13 Arturo Guzmán Decena: Founder of Grupo de los 14 The number was amount of first EX-Gafe Sicarios that would later call themselves  Los Zetas
Killed Nov 21, 2002

Z6-HK14 Oscar Guerrero Silva AKA El Winnie Pooh: professional operative that organized and practiced in 2002 Matamoros, Tamaulipas and 2004 Apatzingan, Michoacan Prison breaks
Killed/Suicide Feb 1, 2004
(Some sources refer to him as Z-8)

Z5-HK20 Luis Alberto Guerrero Reyes AKA El Guerrero: he was killed in driveby shooting style near disco Wild West among him there was also civilian casualties, the Masked gunmen than fleed the scene by blizzard pearl sedan that had TAXI logo according to witness
Killed May 11, 2004

Z14-HK26 Efraín Teodoro Torres AKA La Efra: Shot during the Police raid on horse racing event and later died due to the gunshot wound, he algedlly got shot by his own bodyguard hired by Miguel Trevino Morales AKA "Z40" "L40"
Killed Mar 3, 2007

Z20 Braulio Arellano Dominguez AKA El Gonzo:
Killed Nov 4, 2009 in shootout with naval infantry

Z ? (Unknown Code) Guerra Ramirez Rogelio AKA El Guerra: Original Zeta that went to work for the Gulf Cartel after split, he was the right hand of el Coss and boss of X20 Pelon, when he got killed his corspe was decapited under the orders of X20 Ramirez Trevino. his brother is known as X8 el Shaggy currently in Prison. as former Original Zeta his death would later mark the conflict between CDS and Reynosa CDG

Killed Oct 27, 2011, working for the Gulf Cartel
(If anyone knows his clave than write it down please)

Z3-HK22 Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano AKA El Lazca: Longtime leader of Los Zetas
Killed Oct 7, 2012

Z11-HK45 Galdino Mellado Cruz AKA El Mellado:
Killed May 9, 2014, working for the Gulf Cartel
(Some sources refer to him as Z-9)

Z ? (Unknown Code) Raúl Hernández Barrón AKA el Flander I: presummed triggerman in the Death of Valentin Elizalde, Sources state that From September 1993 to September 1999 he was an infantry member of the Mexican army and later he became assassin under Osiel Cardenas Guillen
Killed July 27, 2014, working for Gulf Cartel
(Some sources mistake his picture with Z-1)

Z12-HK44 Luis Reyes Enriquez AKA El Rex:
Captured Jun 24, 2007, released Apr 15, 2015, Killed Nov 15, 2018

Captured Zetas:

Z2-HK11 Alejandro Lucio Morales Betancourt: Later became protected witness known as "Geraldine" It is believed that he lives in USA now. In interview with Mamito he says that he was tasked to kill the wife of Betancourt but he refused to do
Captured Nov 17, 2001

Z8-HK37 Omar Lorméndez Pitalua AKA El Pita:
Captured Sep 21, 2005
(Some sources refer to him as Z-9 or Z-10)

Z10-HK40 Mateo Díaz López AKA El Comandante Mateo: Sentenced to 10 years in 2016
Captured Jul 17, 2006
(Some sources refer to him as Z-6)

Z27 Alfonso Lechuga Licona AKA El Cañas:
Captured Aug 29, 2006

Z4 Hugo Ponce Salazar:
Captured Sep 6, 2006

Z22 Nabor Vargas Garcia AKA El Dévora:
Captured Apr 18, 2007
(Some sources refer to him as Z-20)

Z25 Germán Torres Jiménez AKA El Tatanka:
Captured Apr 25, 2009

Z17-HK38 Gonzalo Cerezano Escribano AKA El Cuije:
Captured Nov 19, 2010
(Some Sources refer to him as z-18)

Z23 Flavio Méndez Santiago AKA El Amarillo:
Captured Jan 18, 2011

Z7-HK31 Jesús Enrique Rejón Aguilar AKA El Mamito:
Captured July 4, 2011

Z16-HK15 Raul Lucio Hernandez Lechuga AKA El Lucky:
Captured Dec 12, 2011

Alive Last Standing Zetas at large:

Z15-HK49 Gustavo Gonzalez Castro AKA El Erótico: Erotico considered to have practiced along with his comprades el Efra and Winnie Pooh and other Army deserters in infamous 2004 Apatzingan Prison break, he is rumored to be living in Gaunajuato.
Fugitive

Z18-HK18 Carlos Vera Calva AKA El Vera:
Fugitive
(Some Sources refer to him as z-7)

Z ? (Unknown Code) Márquez Aguilar Daniel Enrique AKA El Chocotorro: he is rumored to be living in Spain, or else abandoned organization and moved to Cd Juarez
Fugitive

Ibarra Yepis Prisciliano AKA El Yepis: Joined Army in 1997 and deserted in 2001 one of the Young soldier that joined Los Zetas not too long before Osiel Cardenas got Captured
Fugitive

Z ? (Unknown Code) Jorge Lopez AKA “El Chuta”: ex-gunmen with Military experience for Juarez cartel that operated in Cancun and controlled its Airport, he switched sides after his cell got disbanded and el Kelin introduced him to Los Zetas. he is also rumored to be living in Algeria to avoid extradition and having ties with Italian mafia as being half Italian(?)

It seems that Original Zetas got almost wiped out by Rivals and Government for 20 years, so thats why they keep low profile unlike dumb los Antrax folks

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Tokz
Good info, Thanks for posting.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

ToPHeR
Mellado had his location given away by the Metros. His mistress was also El panochitas mom

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Interesting that you mentioned Rogelio Guerra Ramirez AKA X18. I don't think he was ever part of Los Zetas actually, even though he came in to CDG the same way some of the original zeta members did. First, he joined PJF from the military, exactly like Z3. He subsequently got busted with 1 kilo of mota and cash at his home in 1999, and then fired.

If he had been a zeta, he would have been an original member since he came at the same time as them, and he would have had one of those 14 claves that we know very well now. He was also Ciclon 16 from what I have read.

Else, good work!
MX

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

MX
Thanks for the info! Very interesting. Seems like the government has shifted the attention away from these last remaining guys. Reminds me a lot of those Gulf Cartel fugitives who worked under Juan García Ábrego in the 1990s. Once he was arrested and the government shifted their attention elsewhere, many of those who worked under him left to Nuevo León, Texas, and elsewhere and were never heard of again.

BTW, do you have any sources (blogs, social media posts, newspapers, etc.) about these Zetas’ rumored locations? I’m interested in that guy who is rumored to be in Spain. I wrote El Erótico’s Wikipedia article several years ago and would be interested in starting / creating one for these last remaining Zetas, as well as updating existing ones with new info.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
I've read some interesting comment which probably I can't find it right now that allgedly Chocotorro was appointed back in the day as Supervisior of drugs in Europe, but as the split happened and violence and rivalry both in organization and cartels increased and when both cartels knew about each other whereabouts , and when government made serious step towards both of them and some of OGs got apprehended he thought that staying out of Mexico and keeping low profile would be safe for him.

as of el Guerra that enlisted military in Aug 25, 1989 and deserted Apr 18, 1999 he and his mugshot appeared in all Old written articles, even some old corridos about CDG and Zetas in Youtube feature his image plus he had some Military background so I thought about adding him to the list, and also back in the days there weren't lot of available reliable source back then so the medias might thought that anyone involved with Gulf cartel and with Ex-Military STATUS would been automatically belong to Zetas, he might been soldier turned drug trafficker that had nothing to do with Los Zetas job. It seems that he was Boss of Cell that Pelon X-20 was involved with.

This post was updated on .
Does anyone know about sahid marquez? some arab guy that had ties with el Traca back in the days

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
This post was updated on .
- Eduardo Estrada Gonzalez DOB May 1, 1974, POB Tamaulipas Enlisted Jul 23, 1993, Deserted Oct 25, 2001

- Carlos Vera Calva, DOB Jul 10 1970, POB Poza Rica de Hidalgo, Veracruz AKA "el Vera" "Z18" "Zeta 18" Enlisted Oct 11, 1989, Deserted Nov 16, 1999

- Prisciliano Ibarra Yepis Date Of Birth Jan 4, 1977, POB Sonora Enlisted in 1997 Deserted 2001

- Daniel Enrique Marquez Aguilar AKA "Chocotorro"

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Is Sahid Marquez the same as El Espanol? Do you have any kind of context?

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

dcm90
ToPHeR wrote
Mellado had his location given away by the Metros. His mistress was also El panochitas mom
Mellado got betrayed by his contadores . They stole him 100-150 million dollars or more.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

dcm90
leChef wrote
Is Sahid Marquez the same as El Espanol? Do you have any kind of context?
Yea, El Español is such a mystery. it seems at hat time Al Queda was interested in blowing up the Nuevo Laredo International Bridge for some reason during those years.

Really? Any more info on this? I thought the metros were infighting and his location was given up in the process to the army?

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

dcm90
the anon who claimed to be CDG (and gave some info about a Doctor from a nice background who was a CDG member and posted his corrido and everything).
And Mellado was pretty much the only competent "element" left after Coss fall. He was the "unofficial" leader just because of his Zeta past  but he had the money or at least a huge porcentaje of the pie.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Podrido
Great post! I am curious though, what is this 'HK##' designation?
Just a lurker.

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

@Run DCM: Perhaps you are talking about Jose Gerardo Silva “El Balaceras” AKA "El Doctor Balaceras" AKA "El Doctor Gaver"?

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
This post was updated on .
Reynosa January, 1999? according to Z2 "el Geraldin"

"Osiel Cárdenas instructed Marcelino, the Oso, the Chino, the people of the Coss and me to prevent Víctor Manuel Vázquez Mireles from being admitted to the Reynosa prison, where he was to be transferred for a diligence. We stand near the road that leads to the prison. On the radio, Roger told us that they had left and we went to block them. They carried the Meme in the cab of a pick-up truck in the middle of two policemen. I was driving a Marquis and the co-pilot was the Chinese and back, the Marcellin. We placed ourselves in front of the pick-up, covering the pass and at the tip of AK47, we subdued the policemen who were guarding it, who did not resist. We went down to the Meme and we took it to a white Windstar and we left the uniformed people in the place. Next, we parted. We went to throw the Marquis at the end of Avenida Fuentes. There we were picked up by Goyo, who left us to the security house in Osiel, near Anzalduas. I did not know where they took the Meme, whom I stopped seeing for a long time, until the end of that year: I was with the Coss ".

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
"Ernesto Zataraín Beliz, AKA "el Traca" code Z-10, committed suicide on December 10, 2001 in a warehouse belonging to Ezequiel Cárdenas on René Guajardo Street, in Matamoros." can anyone confirm this info? I've read on this forum that Traca commit suicide somewhere in Nuevo laredo inside his vehicle during the raid when he knew that his comprades wouldnt come to assist/rescue him

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
also one of the Geraldine's confession
"in September 2002, Omar Hernández Bautista, the Omarcito, drowned in the Las Lajas dam during the course of military swimming training with weapons and tactical backpacks, taught by the kaibiles in China, Nuevo León, which It borders to the southeast with Tamaulipas, where the Las Amarillas ranch is."

I guess he was Zeta recruit

Re: Remaining Original Zetas (?)

Maximillian
"Carlos Vera Calva, key Z18- HK18, escort of Osiel that performs administrative functions, such as the payment to Los Zetas that Guzmán Decena commanded, prepares the personnel lists, as well as the keys to identify streets, hotels, restaurants and night clubs of Matamoros , Tamaulipas"
12